Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409052 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #30 on: October 3, 2005, 08:56 PM »
I won this on Friday, what do you guys think?  I didn't really expect to win, which leads me to believe that something is wrong...
What does he mean by "Factory Error?"  ??? I hope that was some sort of "bait" move because I don't care about errors (I'd rather not have them). 

Star Wars Vintage STORMTROOPER ROTJ MOC factory ERROR

Here is a pic:
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2005, 09:02 PM »
What does he mean by "Factory Error?"  ??? I hope that was some sort of "bait" move because I don't care about errors (I'd rather not have them). 

I have a feeling you might not be too happy with this one then.  ;)  He says pretty clearly that the "factory error" is that the Trooper's thumb is broken, and it's caught in the tape holding the gun in place. 

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2005, 09:09 PM »
That's a nice looking card and with the uber rare thumb off error, at least it's not bugs in the bubble.  ;)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #33 on: October 7, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Well, I received the Stormtrooper today and I have to say, it is much better than I had anticipated!  The card is in really good condition (I can't find anything wrong with it - no veins, bends, marks, etc) and the bubble is really clear!  I could care less about the "error" that the seller mentioned, and as such, I think it's a great display piece! 
Thanks for your feedback guys  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 7, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #35 on: October 9, 2005, 08:22 AM »
Here is my latest. Finally I've been able to complete my Takara 8" Collection. I've been looking to complete this set for about 3 years. That damn Vader has been bugging my for a long time now. All the cards are a bit banged up, but in all honestly, condition doesn't worry me that much. I think the ware gives a bit more an old feel to them. These are now officially my babies.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 9, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Congrats on completing the set Simon, those are real cool.  8)
I saw the Chewy figure at C3 but it was way out of my league.  :-\

With those out of they way, any plans for collecting something else?

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #37 on: October 9, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Got 1 ESB Popy figure to go, and I'm working on a Takara 12 Back Set. I don't expect to finish either for quite awhile. Both are rare, even in Japan.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2005, 08:51 AM »
I've been trying to pick up a ROTJ Hoth Han for a while and was outbid in the final minutes on one yesterday.  So I waited and sniped one yesterday afternoon.  The bubble is a little yellow, but I finally go this.  My MOC focus right now is trying to get a Han on each cardback, SW, ESB, ROTJ, and POTF. I'm going for a basic run and then may go back later and try for different cardback variations.  I'm trying to get one Han in each outfit on each cardback.  The SW/ESB smuggler gear outfits are going to cost me a bit so I decided to start kind of low end.  I'll post pics sometime of my run.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6005149420&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2005, 06:37 PM »
3 More German General Mills figures in my collection.  There are a few items that I'll never find on UK Palitoy cards for a cheap enough price, so I'm happy with the German issues. They were still made by Palitoy in their factory in the UK so it's not totally cheating.

Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Gotta come over here and brag now don't ya Rob??
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2005, 09:51 PM »
Dang! Nice carded figures Cris and Rob.  8)

I picked this up locally from Shane, unpainted Leia Boussh helmet.

Offline Delaton

• Youngling
  • FFURG Graphics Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Although my latest grab isn't a Mint item, or even a complete item, it's parts. ;D

The snowspeeder parts complete a loose one I have.  The Dagobah boxes make me well on my way to buying a cheap Dagobah base with good foam.  The falcon parts will help complete one of the many falcon hulls I have sitting around stripped.  The other parts...will probably go back to Ebay unless someone here needs something....hint, hint.  ;)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 1, 2005, 03:47 PM »
I got a vintage Chewbacca in box (basically still sealed too-all tape in place and the twist ties intact along with all inserts) at a toy show not long ago, traded a dealer a TRU 4 pack from the POTF2 line, a Battlestar Galactica carded Cylon Commander and a Vintage Dungeons and Dragons Warduk on italian card for it. I'd say about $80 in trade for it.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: November 2, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Here is my latest. Finally I've been able to complete my Takara 8" Collection. I've been looking to complete this set for about 3 years. That damn Vader has been bugging my for a long time now. All the cards are a bit banged up, but in all honestly, condition doesn't worry me that much. I think the ware gives a bit more an old feel to them. These are now officially my babies.

Incredible! I have always liked those. Great work on getting the set. They look awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"