Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410581 times)

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #510 on: December 23, 2008, 02:30 AM »
That sucks Jesse. I had some chick send me a mint Bossk on an Empire card is a large envelope. dumb bi#$. I lost the paypal case and she gave me negative feedback saying that i wanted my money back and didn't want to return the item. some people have no common sense.and if you return the item they don't want to give you back your S/H when it was all their fault. man that makes me mad.
He's no good to me open

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 23, 2008, 09:34 AM »
I picked up a couple more vintage loose figures, a Star Wars Jawa (Cloth Cape) and an Empire IG-88.  I've continually been putting in bids attempting to get a Star Wars Princess Leia, but continue to lose out.  That definitely seems to be one of the pricier non-POTF figures out there to get a hold of.  I was hoping to pick one up before year's end due to a big "tightening of the belt" as far as collecting in 2009, but oh well.

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 28, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I am complete on my loose Vintage Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back figures (bar the accessories some of the figures need) and I am now working on my ROTJ figures.  And then I will be on the look out for POTF figures (loose of course and these are going to cost, lol - I have one already, a Anakin Skywalker without coin).

I also have a Vintage Landspeeder and Snow Speeder (which I have pieced together, still need the harpoon).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Nice work guys.  I still have to go back and upgrade a loose figure or two and I think I'm missing two weapons.  I'll know better once I pull them out of storage, which should be fairly soon. 

I went on a bit of a tear to end the year I'm afraid :-[

So Jesse, yeah, I'm still working on the trilogos.  As I mentioned before I'll use them as fill-ins for 12 backs for the time being I think and would like them more than the ROTJ carded counterparts, but at the same time the prices have been quite annoying for some time on a fair number of them.  Vader and R2 are unpunched.  My latest trilogos:

I think I also mentioned that I'm working on the carded set, sort of, on original cardbacks where I can.  So I managed to find a few Star Wars carded figures.  They're in ok shape, AFA would be pretty harsh I'd guess due to some damage to the backs, but from the front they're not too bad.  The Sand People figure is a 12-back and fits my category of $100 or less.  I'd have preferred to have the others without the offer, but oh well. 

Along the same lines, a few carded ESB figures came my way.  All are unpunched and quite nice indeed.  I think Dale is wanting the FX-7, which is a 31A back by the way (4-LOM is a 48C; Leia is a 31B; Ugnaught is a 41E for those that care).  I think you were hoping for a 48 back, so if you no longer want it, I'm really ok with hanging onto it :o

Finally along the same line as my infatuation with trilogo stuff I also wanted to pick up an example of Canadian carded stuff with the French on it.  I'm always watching the mini-rigs with fascination and my goal is for them to be complete, of course, but also to have the inserts.  This one was a bargain, under $20, MISB.  Not sure why there were so few bids, but I was pleased.  I'm pretty sure I already have a nice Desert Skiff in a good box, but it didn't have the Francais:

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I think Dale is wanting the FX-7, which is a 31A back by the way I think you were hoping for a 48 back, so if you no longer want it, I'm really ok with hanging onto it :o

That would have been a 45 back & yes I'll take the FX-7.  :)

Very nice additions Brent, the tri-logos are cherry to the eye. The others well meh!  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 30, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Well what a way to end the year, this just arrived a short time ago & completes my preschool playsets.  8)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Very nice additions guys!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:08 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #517 on: December 30, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Very cool.

I pulled the trigger on a damaged carded Ree-Yees on eBay. The bubble was yellowed and cracked on the bottom near the feet but the figure is minty fresh. Pics to come...

I also bought a repro vinyl cape off eBay for a couple bucks to "upgrade" one of my vintage Jawas. I know I'll never get an authentic Vinyl cape version so I thought this was the next best thing.  8)

And by the looks of this photo I need to swap the capes for this two figures as the vinyl one should go on the left Jawa.  :P
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:20 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2008, 08:59 PM »
looks like it's on the right one. big eyes and spaced closer together...
He's no good to me open

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #519 on: December 30, 2008, 09:26 PM »
looks like it's on the right one. big eyes and spaced closer together...

Thanks. I couldn't remember off hand the tells for the determining the VC vs. CC Jawas.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2008, 06:40 PM »
Nothing wrong having a repro if your cool with that. Vinyl Jawa's are hard to come by as the prices are high, $300. up now & best to get one through a reputable dealer/member so you know it's the real deal. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 7, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Not exactly a new acqusition, but UPS finally delivered all my vintage playsets/vehicles from my parents' house!  The collection includes:

-Death Star Playset
-Land of the Jawas playset (Base and Escape Pod)
-Rebel Command Center Playset Base
-Dagobah Playset
-Turret and Probot Playset
-Droid Factory
-AT-AT
-Snowspeeder
-Landspeeder
-Speeder Bike
-Imperial Cruiser (Imperial Troop transport minus the electronics)
-CAP-2
-MTV-7
-Tauntaun
-AST-5
-Vehicle Maintenance Energizer
-Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

There's also a few old manuals, a sticker sheet for the snowspeeder and a bunch of ESB and ROTJ figure cards.  Most of this isn't in the best of shape (lots of dust from the basement, bad stickers and deteriorated foam), but they should look pretty damn good once cleaned up a bit.  Although well played with, I took very good care of my toys as a kid.

I'll have to have my parents look around for some of the cardboard backs for the Land of the Jawas and Rebel Command Center playsets...they were not with the bulk of my stuff.  There's also the Sears exclusive Cloud City playset somewhere...but that may have been thrown out since it was made out of cardboard.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 7, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Nice.  I didn't have any of the playsets as a kid, so consider me jealous.  They're going to make for some great displays.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 8, 2009, 12:31 AM »
I hope so.  The top floor of the Death Star really needs some work.  The gun was broken years ago and so id the mechanism to make it pop off the turret.  There's also some discoloration on the top floor...must have happened while in storage.   :-\

Still, it's going to look pretty cool in my "vintage section".   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 8, 2009, 08:03 PM »
Nice stuff Matt, just like going back in time looking at that vinty stuff eh!  8)

I have the same problem wth my Death Star gun, 2 pieces. Have a looky here, might help.