Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 413828 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2007, 08:11 PM »
Yes, the Landspeeder focus. Gotta see what ya got now b'y, hell I'm taking like a newfie.  :D

Did you see this at "The Earth" b'y.

Offline Darth1

• Youngling
  • Formerly known as Reconsgt
    • View Profile
    • ImperialShipYards
« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2007, 08:55 PM »
I actually didn't but I do have a sealed one packed away, I may have to think about grabbing that one to display along side of it
imperialshipyards comming soon to a galaxy near you     I want my 2 dollars

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2007, 09:38 PM »
My 2 latest purchases:

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Nice Dan, I still don't have the Droids vehicles. 

Been a while since I posted anything, so....

Got this two pack (above) for $15 shipped.  It was an item that didn't sell and had a crappy picture and description on ebay.  Sadly, it was beat before and the seller sent it in a bubble mailer :o  Still, I liked the 2-packs and wasn't about to pay top dollar, so I still have a beat up piece of history. 

In my ongoing quest for the $1200 for 12 - 12-backs I continue to stay on target price-wise:

The Jawa has a pretty substantial bubble ding along the top, but it's not cracked and the seal is intact all the way around.  Part of my $1200 total means I obviously have to allow for some degree of damage to the pieces, though this still displays quite nicely.  The Jawa was $96.

Below was another piece that I picked up.  No one else bid on this piece at all.  Price: $100.  It is in very nice shape. 

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2007, 07:29 PM »
i hadn't heard that you had that goal.   my goal for years has been to get the 1st 79 (and a few potf) for under $50 each.  i thought i would never find an acceptable Luke farmboy.  the only 12 backs i got with that goal are an R2 with no pop, a bent stormtrooper and a partially resealed DSC.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Well, it's sort of an unrealistic goal for the most part but it's my target.  I don't honestly expect to get the likes of Vader, Stormtrooper, Han for $100 or less each, but I'll try. 

And I do have conditions on the card/bubble condition I'll accept.  POP has to be there, bubble has to be sealed.  The piece can have creases but no breaks in the ink.  My C-3PO has a diagonal crease that's pretty obvious and my Leia has four pin holes, one in each corner but is otherwise fine and since it cost only $50, I'll live with those four holes.  I'd prefer things to be like the Death Squad Commander obviously, but you don't get that very often.  It lies flat, has no real creases, the bubble is tight and clear - AFA 75-80 I'd guess. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Nice Droids Side Gunner Dan, it it sealed?

Nice to have the ROTJ 2 pack Brent, mines beat up but it was not sent in a bubble envelope. You can see where the sticker tear is & it was marked in with a black marker.  ::)  Also the card has a fold where the top bubble is attached, still nice to have at a cheap price tho.  ;)

Dang Brent, that Death Squad Commander  looks cherry. Nice grab & the Jawa looks sweet.  8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2007, 08:35 AM »
Hey Brent, very nice. I didnt know you had that goal either. Very cool. Good luck. I still toy with going for a carded collection.

As for the Side Gunner, i was told it was sealed when i bought it, but. It doesnt look used at all though, seems more like it was opened, looked at and put back. Next up with be the ATL, but the A-wing isnt going to be easy. I always told myself if i buy the POTF or Droids vehicles i want the boxes becuase i enjoy the art.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2007, 12:47 AM »
Just a few original animation cels I picked up from the Droids & Ewoks cartoons.  8)

Droids C-3PO.

Ewoks Latara.

Ewoks Wicket.

Ewoks Wicket, Kneesaa & Teebo.

Ewoks Logray.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2007, 11:07 PM »
Dale, cool pick up on the animation cells.  They look really sharp, do you plan to frame them?

I got pretty excited yesterday for a new piece I got, a POTF Romba on a beater card. I was able to get the price down to $35, what you expect to pay for a loose Romba nowadays. The bubble was crushed and had plastic degradation (which wound up eating a bit of paint off the figure's belt) and the card was cracked and bent pretty badly. So I had some fun and for the first time in almost 20 years, I purposely opened a vintage carded figure....

Romba as purchased:

After Romba's liberation from his plastic prison:

My apologies to those who don't like to see carded figures opened, but this guy was not in a good enough condition to keep carded. The figure retained the new figure smell I remembered as a kid, it was an exciting time yesterday. :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 12, 2007, 02:57 AM »
Once my collection room is done I may have the cel's framed. Will have to see how much room I have on the wall.

Yeah, that carded Romba is pretty beat up so freeing him is not a biggie. A loose Romba with coin will go for around $50. & no coin for around $28.-$40. Getting him with a real spear is the chore tho. I say ya done good at that price & getting a minty fig.  8)

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #371 on: November 12, 2007, 05:46 AM »
Did the same thing with a Romba myself earlier this year as I wanted to upgrade and wanted a real spear.

I was lucky though as it only cost me $22 and the seller charged me $8 shipping to the UK, so $30 all in  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 12, 2007, 02:41 PM »
My new vehicle arrived today, a Canadian boxed La Guerre Des Etoiles Twin-Pod Cloud Car.  8)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #373 on: November 12, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Yeah getting a minty figure with definitively real accessories was a part of the excitement I had. Maybe I'll be able to do this again in the future, then again the figures I need left cost $100 a pop loose...

Nice score on the Cloud Car Dale. I remember when the US Kenner boxed vehicle was going for $20 or so on eBay and I kept passing (I have the vehicle, but need the box) as I figure I'd get it later. Now I'm seeing them going up in price to around $50 or more. Same pattern is developing with other boxed items from what I can tell.  :-\
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Not vintage but pretty cool. SW Starbles from 1997, I'm sure Scott Bradley knows more.  ;)  ;D