Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409030 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Great find Dale.  It must be a great feeling getting that after searching for so long.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2008, 04:58 AM »
Thanks guys, I was pretty stoked when I bin'd it. The seller also had a Famiy Hut MISB but I didn't have the funds for it so that one will come in time & I already have the Fire Cart. I just love the preschool stuff.  8)

when are we going to see a picture of all the vintage stuff.

Going to be awhile yet, I just bought my parents house that I have been living in for a couple of years & still so much stuff in the place. I have been going through my stuff that I have collected over the past 40 yrs & weeding it out, it'a mostly in my old bedroom which will be the collection display room when all said & done. Jesse stayed at my place for the toy show & has seen the room packed with boxes.  ;D

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2008, 07:24 AM »
That is a neat find.  I hadn't heard of vintage preschool stuff before.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2008, 06:05 PM »
that is pretty cool. i had never even heard of it before either.

everyone else needs to start posting their acquistions... take some of the pressure off dale to keep this section alive.

Offline TerdVader

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 3, 2008, 10:55 PM »
Just the other day I got a Boushh, Boba Fett, and IG88, with two old joes, for 1.04 on ebay. Shipped it was like $6, SO basically a little over a buck a figure. I was happy! ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2008, 12:48 PM »
A nice little addition to my bootlegs, a Polish unused cardback. As seen is this link on A Guide to Polish Bootleg Star Wars Figures, this cardback was used for containing weapons from my understanding. Man, this cardback is in awesome condition.  8)

I just added another Polish unused cardback to go with the one above. From my understanding in the link above, this was used for the figures. I think these 2 cardbacks would look nice framed together.  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2008, 03:21 AM »
I think these 2 cardbacks would look nice framed together.  8)

Absolutely!  They would look fantastic on the wall together.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 9, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Nothing fantastic like many of you are now searching for, but I'm still (slowly) working on completing a loose/complete vintage collectiong (and replacing my well worn childhood figures).  Anyways, in the past month or so, I've picked up the following via ebay:

Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
R2-D2
Princess Leia (Hoth)
2-1B

For the most part, I think I'll try to go by each movie line to focus in on what I'm looking for a bit.  I bit on the Hoth Leia and 2-1B because the prices were low and I was already buying the Luke X-Wing figure from the same seller.  Otherwise, I'm trying to finish the original Star Wars (ANH) figures first, then moving onto the ESB ones I'm still missing.  Anyways, like I said, not outstanding purchases by any means, but I just thought I'd share.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #488 on: December 9, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Hell...they're still some nice additions to an ambitious project Brian.  Congrats!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 9, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Hell...they're still some nice additions to an ambitious project Brian.  Congrats!

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with them.  I used to try to get a couple of figures every other month or so, but with the increase in modern releases per year recently, I've had to put this on the backburner for awhile.  I'm trying to get back into a bit, so I'm just starting up again.  I've been watching Star Wars/ANH figures primarily, and it really seems like the Leia and R2 from that line can get a little pricier sometimes.  Also forgot to mention that I got a SW Luke Skywalker as well, but I'll eventually have to replace that one as its missing the tip from the saber.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 9, 2008, 10:11 PM »
I've been slowly doing the same thing.  I've been buying weapons for my childhood figures, adding figures I didn't have as a kid, and replacing a couple of the really beat up ones.  I've got a Hoth Rebel Soldier and Luke Hoth in the mail as we speak, after which I'll just have the POTF figures to complete my loose collection. Of course, they're much more expensive, so a little harder to commit the money to.  All in due time I guess.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 11, 2008, 12:57 PM »
I received these beauty's in the mail today.   ;D

Polish bootleg TIE Pilot, AT-AT Driver & Boba Fett still attached to the sprue trees.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 11, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Funny, I'm working on a complete carded collection now :-X  Well, sort of. 

But good stuff Brian, excellent progress.  The only request I have is that in the vintage section you not refer to Star Wars as A New Hope, it has no place here.   ;)

I've made some recent acquisitions as well, but I'm waiting for them to be in hand before unveiling them. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 11, 2008, 03:35 PM »
But good stuff Brian, excellent progress.  The only request I have is that in the vintage section you not refer to Star Wars as A New Hope, it has no place here.   ;)

I agree fully, that's why I just put it in parentheses after the proper title :P.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 12, 2008, 03:15 AM »
I won a couple auctions on eBay tonight that may have opened a large can of worms - 2 carded figures.  I've always wanted a carded set, and going with a Canadian theme will make them a little more unique.  I also have an Endor Leia from when I was a kid and bought a B-Wing Fighter earlier this year, so that makes 4 down, 73 to go.   ;)

Funny, I'm working on a complete carded collection now :-X  Well, sort of. 

I've made some recent acquisitions as well, but I'm waiting for them to be in hand before unveiling them. 

I'm looking forward to the unveiling.  Are you still working on the Trilogos?