Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 129778 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #765 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Bitchen, Rob - now get ready to suffer in the void.  ;)

Forgot I never posted pics of my Yakface - these aren't the absolute best pics, but they show the condition well. It's a great figure.

It's still weird to see him in my cabinet - that figure always seemed so unattainable for so many years.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 12, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Picked up a carded POTF Warok and a carded POTF A-Wing Pilot at a comic book show on Saturday.  Paid a little more then I would have liked to for them, but I am very happy to add them to my vintage carded collection. :) 8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25 AM »
That's awesome...I can't even find comics I want at comic conventions anymore, much less vintage figs.

What was the "ballpark" price of these items if you don't mind sharing?

I nabbed a replacement Death Squad Commander over the weekend on eBay but otherwise it's been pretty slow going for my vintage collecting lately.
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 13, 2009, 08:21 AM »
That's awesome...I can't even find comics I want at comic conventions anymore, much less vintage figs.

What was the "ballpark" price of these items if you don't mind sharing?

I nabbed a replacement Death Squad Commander over the weekend on eBay but otherwise it's been pretty slow going for my vintage collecting lately.

$100 for the A-Wing Pilot and $150 for Warok. :'(  I did some checking on the prices online and that is about what they sell for and they are in very nice condition. :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 13, 2009, 03:17 PM »

Forgot I never posted pics of my Yakface - these aren't the absolute best pics, but they show the condition well. It's a great figure.

It's still weird to see him in my cabinet - that figure always seemed so unattainable for so many years.

That IS an excellent Yakface Carpeteria3000! No paint rubs, do I see that right? Very very nice.

I've got my Yakface back for some time now, with some minor paint rubs on his hands. You see, I sold my own (from my childhood) to a sci-fi store in Florida in the late 80s for $10 or so. Stupidest thing I've ever done and I'm real happy with my current one.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #770 on: October 13, 2009, 07:25 PM »
No rubs at all - it's solid, and it was bought from an overseas ebay for a touch over $100. I'm happy with it, for sure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Really working the Vintage angle lately with no new CW stuff coming out...

Picked up the Bespin Guard and IG-88 variants over the weekend. Man, it is hard to eyeball that stuff on eBay with any degree of certainty. I swear it took me 15 minutes just to figure out if I had the "long mustache" or "short mustache" version. And don't even get me started on those IG-88 eye stalks...

"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 21, 2009, 09:20 PM »
I got my IG-88 variant today and man, I am pleased with this one. A "true" variant, I can now see the subtle differences in the head sculpt as well as the awesome metallic finish. Much cooler than the dull gray I had growing up.

I also got a very nice Death Squad Commander, which is the next to last "replacement" fig I need. (Original Luke is last)

Still waiting on the Bespin guard to show up...along with a nice minty gray-hair Ben I needed.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 23, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Got the Bespin Long Mustache Guard yesterday in the mail...not quite as obvious a variant as I had hoped. Ah well, he was fairly cheap and off the List now.

Picked up Short Mouth Biker Scout last night on eBay. I don't see too many of these, and most look like foreign knock-offs. (Maybe that variation was only part of a foreign production run? Not sure...) Pretty happy about this one though.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Initiate
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #774 on: October 24, 2009, 03:47 AM »
Picked up Short Mouth Biker Scout last night on eBay. I don't see too many of these, and most look like foreign knock-offs. (Maybe that variation was only part of a foreign production run? Not sure...) Pretty happy about this one though.
[/quote]

the short mouth Biker Scout is a Mexican Kenner figure. Came in a Kenner card with a dull dark card back. most times with  pencil tip sized hole behind the figure on the card.
He's no good to me open

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 24, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Thanks dude, that's exactly what I had suspected...Lili Ledy all the way.

I would have preferred to restrict my collection to domestic variants but this is a pretty noteworthy one so probably deserving of its place in my stash.

Online JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Thanks dude, that's exactly what I had suspected...Lili Ledy all the way.

I would have preferred to restrict my collection to domestic variants but this is a pretty noteworthy one so probably deserving of its place in my stash.

Nice grab on this!  While it is foreign, it's a pretty cool variation and definitely stands out next to the regular one.  It's easily one of my favorites from the vintage line.  I liked it enough to snag one loose and one carded.   ;)
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #777 on: October 24, 2009, 10:40 PM »
I've been meaning to post the last few days that my vintage loose figure collection is finally complete.  I snagged Yakface last week, complete with coin for a very reasonable price.  He's in perfect shape.  The pictures from my camera don't really do him justice, so I'm going to try and take some more tomorrow in better light:

A terrible picture of my collection:

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 24, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Some nice acquisitions posted here, keep it up gang.  8)

I have the Lili Ledy Scout Trooper & he is sweet.  ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #779 on: October 25, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Some better pics of Yak as promised: