Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410324 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #825 on: November 30, 2009, 11:30 PM »
Great pieces Dale! 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 4, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Snagged the variant silver microphone for Sy Snootles this morning...a most welcome addition. Now I need to hunt down the corresponding variant pieces for Droopy. List is getting nice and small now, I love it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 7, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Ok, one more down...I hunted down the variant Droopy w/silver mic stand and black clarinet today. That leaves me with 9 basic figs and 10 variants to complete the collection. (although 6 of those variants ain't happening anytime soon short of a financial windfall)

I'm doing a comprehensive review now of Gus' variant list posted elsewhere in this forum, but so far I feel pretty good with the group I settled on to begin with. Not sure I will be adding much, if any, to the Master List.

I'm all psyched for knocking out the Droids next though!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #828 on: December 7, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Just got a ESB carded Boba fett in C-8 condition with the printed Revenge offer. the only thing is that the seller put down all flaws but one. i am OK with the rest of the flaws but she failed to put down that the figure has frost all over it and now i am thinking of returning it for the reason of her not being up front about it.I payed a little over $300.00 shipped.I know they go for more and i will never get a cheaper one but that just pisses me off when they hide thing like that. should i return it ?.

First, nice pickup for a great price.

Second, I wouldn't return it.  I believe the remedy for the frost situation is to sit the figure in the sunlight for a few minutes.  Sunlight for a short period of time.
Thanks for the info. I'll try that.
He's no good to me open

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 8, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Got my vintage Hoth Ice Planet playset in the mail yesterday...the cardboard backdrop was all I really needed and it looks great. Very pleased with this one.

It still seems messed up to me that I can pick up all these playsets and vehicles cheaper than the remaining figures I need.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 12, 2009, 11:12 PM »
I got my vintage open belly Tauntaun in the mail yesterday, with the original box as a bonus. It's a nice piece, the rubber on the belly is in good shape with minimal yellowing. One of the legs is a bit loose but I can live with that.

I also took another stab at the Blue Apron Ugnaught variant. Let's hope the one that shows up actually resembles the color in the auction photo this time. (fingers crossed!)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 13, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Snagged the Chewbacca Green Crossbow variant this afternoon for a decent price. Pretty psyched about this one...I am about done with my variants, outside of the Super Six I can never afford. Still have to grab Blue Snags and Brown Hair Farmboy Luke, but those are easily found, if not affordable.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 14, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Snagged the Chewbacca Green Crossbow variant this afternoon for a decent price. Pretty psyched about this one...I am about done with my variants, outside of the Super Six I can never afford. Still have to grab Blue Snags and Brown Hair Farmboy Luke, but those are easily found, if not affordable.

What are your super six?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 15, 2009, 02:20 PM »
What are your super six?

The 3 Double Telescoping figures, Rocket Firing Boba Fett Prototype, Vinyl Cape Jawa and Orange Hair Luke.

I can see ending up with 2 or 3 of those maybe, tops. If I'm lucky. Boba is pretty much a pipe dream.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #834 on: December 15, 2009, 10:01 PM »
The vinyl cape Jawa is my #1 ambition out of those - he will happen for me, I know it.  Just have to be paitent...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #835 on: December 17, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Lets see my super 6  ;D

1. Vlix (its only a matter of time - I'm just that sick)
2. Uzay Blue Stars (I have had my oppertunity but the money is Vlix money)
3. 63rd POTF coin (i know its not a figure but i really want it)
4. Lili Ledy Jawa (probably the most likely one i will get)
5. Uzay Head Man (never happening)
6. Luke Orange hair, Telescoping Ben & Vader, and rocket Fett all fit in this spot. I want but won't regret never having them

Oh and Droids and Ewoks prototypes don't count because that I know will never ever happen, if that was the case Gaff would have been my number 6.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 17, 2009, 02:27 PM »
What an awesome list! I can go along with any of those, although not so much the foreign boots. I do think the Head Man is sweet though.

Yeah, Vlix will definitely be on my list too. I just won't let myself think about Droids and Ewoks until I have gotten to a dead end with the other vintage stuff. (Sometime later in 2010 I am estimating)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2009, 11:03 PM »
I won a sweet eBay auction for some vintage Ackbar variants...4 to be exact. This was not a variant on my Master List, but the final price was decent and they seem like worthy additions to the collection.

Offline pghtorchwood

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 21, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I picked up a vintage Imperial Shuttle for $40. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 24, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Aw yeah, I got my Blue Apron Ugnaught in the mail yesterday and it was actually the one I needed! (have had mixed success trying to score the right variant in the past)

Looking like a quiet end to the year, not much else out there right now, vintage or otherwise.