Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409125 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1005 on: September 23, 2010, 01:12 PM »
It is complete, and other than the label on the remote, is no different that regular.

Thanks guys!  I am over the moon with it.  I don't think it was ever played with either.  It's in excellent condition.  i got it for an outstanding price, less than I've seen regular Sandcralwers go for.

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 23, 2010, 01:30 PM »
Very nice score!  Not much activity here recently amongst us vintage fans- we must all be broke! 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 23, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Well at the moment I'm not broke but I have a discrete space for my collection which is unfortunately quite diverse (not compared to Dale's but otherwise...) and I'm trying to make some hard decisions.  It'll take me at least a year to cull out what I'm not keeping.  So I just haven't seen any point in gathering up more stuff at the moment.  As Dale mentions, the GDE stuff is awesome and I'd love to add some of that but I'm really not adding anything of note these days at all. 

Not sure if folks go into my collection thread so just for lack of activity here I'll post the vintage pictures out there to here as well:

But that's just an aside.  I'm really digging Darby's sandcrawler. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1008 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Really digging your collection.   :)

I should take some pics of mine and post them.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 23, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Very nice score!  Not much activity here recently amongst us vintage fans- we must all be broke! 

It's funny, in my case I am down to the last few items so I'm getting a bit choosier, just filling in some bits and pieces, looking for good deals, etc.

Just tonight I picked up some good miscellaneous swag - the vintage Slave 1 ramp (missing from mine) and the 2 Ewok village spit posts (that set is almost complete now too). Also scored another Star Destoyer playset on the cheap because the first one I got had bad stickers. That was all less than $35 total, so not too bad.

I think all I really have left to pick up is 2 replacement trees for my Ewok village, most of the Death Star playset, the seat and ladder for the Ewok wagon, and the AT-AT.

Oh and a vinyl cape jawa, the various DT figures, and orange hair Luke.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 1, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Oh and a vinyl cape jawa, the various DT figures, and orange hair Luke.  ;D

Well, I came close on vinyl cape Jawa last night. Final bid price was $305...should have hung in there. My max bid was about $30 less, although who knows what it would have taken to actually beat out the top bid.

One day.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 2, 2010, 12:57 AM »
Today was a great day:

Lady Gorneesh came from an ebay auction that ended without bids, so I picked her up under the asking price.

Same goes for Sise Fromm there.  Auction ended with no bids, emailed the seller and voila.  Basically got him for going rate for a loose figure and shipped free.  Very happy to have him and the droids are now finished. 

That Kez Iban in there came via Bob/stormie on the board here, totally free of charge to help out my collection.  Thanks kind sir. 

But the best part is this little guy...

Yep, as best I can tell, he's completely authentic:

-cape is snug on arms and around back
-smooth on inside, textured on outside; sound and appearance are correct
-cape is flexible and older obviously than new material
-bottom of cape is 4 mm from bottom of feet, exactly how long it's supposed to be

Price was pretty good, IMHO.  Not sure what was the better deal for my vinty collection, this, or the $65 Yakface.

So I finished off my Droids figures today and also wrapped up the basic vintage set to completion.  Lots of variations left to get, but the important one is out of the way 8)

You probably don't want to know what I paid for that VCJ.   :-X

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 2, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Scored the vintage Death Star playset today for about $40, mostly complete. I still have a few remnants from the one I owned as a kid, so I should be able to compile a solid set between the two.

Just a few odds and ends for the Ewok village and Ewok wagon to pick up, and the vintage AT-At, and I am all finished.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 4, 2010, 03:51 PM »
... and I am all finished.  ;D

Uh-huh, sure, I believe that.  So when ya gonna start on the carded collection?  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 5, 2010, 09:51 AM »
... and I am all finished.  ;D

Uh-huh, sure, I believe that.  So when ya gonna start on the carded collection?  ;)

Too cost prohibitive, sadly. I do still have the Droids and Ewoks lines to complete though.  ;D

Yesterday I scored some more replacement parts for the Ewok village. That one is about done now too.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 17, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Got my Death Star playset in the mail yesterday, even better condition than I had hoped for...nothing broken at all, except a small piece off the cannon, which I have an extra of anyway.

Looks like all I am missing is that pesky rope.

Getting closer!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 2, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Picked up the elusive Death Star rope via eBay this afternoon. Think I'm all squared away on that playset now. I've actually got the thing assembled right now, crawling with TCW figures: Embo and Shaak Ti versus the Undead Geonosian, etc. Looks wicked.

Got my sights set on the Vintage AT-AT now...last piece I need to complete my collection. (Aside from a few miscellaneous parts which will come in time)

Aw yeah!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 3, 2010, 03:34 PM »
I've actually got the thing assembled right now, crawling with TCW figures: Embo and Shaak Ti versus the Undead Geonosian, etc. Looks wicked.

Utterly blasphemous.  Big boo.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1018 on: December 3, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I agree.  Modern figures (especially of TCW variety) is downright blasphemous!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1019 on: December 9, 2010, 07:21 PM »
I don't post in vinty much because I don't buy much since the modern line's become so expansive and expensive in the last 5 years, but I did pick up vintage at the last Pittsburgh Steel City Con Toy & Collectible Show.

A guy I know who's gone to the show since it first started (I think I was a teenager?), and who always has one of the primo spots near the show's entrance, was selling vintage loose figures in sharp shape for $5 each and Buy-5-Get-1-Free...  So I figured I'd try to upgrade some vintage I needed to improve in my loose set, and I picked up:

-1 Obi-Wan Kenobi
-1 Endor Rebel
-1 Gam Guard
-1 4-LOM
-1 No Teeth Lando
-1 Very white Hoth Luke (this was a nice improvement to my sample)

I was pretty pleased though, as these were all mint, complete.  Obi cost me a little more however, so my total was $30, not $25, but still I was happy with the purchase.  Not as many variations as I would've liked, as the selection was slim, but I got some good improvements to figures in my collection I'm not quite pleased with, and these were all mint.  Some had limbs that were still sealed like they were fresh off the card.

They had a Death Star in the box, missing some parts but only the cardboard and rope, and the box wasn't bad looking, for $35.  I didn't bite, and I regret that now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77