Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 408996 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1140 on: April 3, 2012, 09:05 AM »
Thanks Dale!

I have another pic to post with all my loose vintage figs, LMK if I need to do anything different to get that one up too. It's not terribly impressive but it's taken me over a year to even get this far, so baby steps.  :)

So yeah, I had posted about DT Luke recently but the VC Jawa is the new crown jewel of my collection, and by far the most expensive item of the lot.

I picked up both on eBay. DT Luke was sort of an impulse deal...I bid just over the latest bid with a few minutes to go and ended up getting it. I'm fine with him...a little paint loss here and there but no obvious defects, has good tight limbs and the saber is in pretty decent shape.

I had actually bid on a different VC Jawa about 10 days ago that I just missed out on, so I was kind of bummed. I have been watching these for awhile now and the prices do not seem to dip much. I actually found a listing for one at night that had just been posted, was a BIN auction which normally I avoid like the plague but sometimes you can work those to your advantage. I spent some time that evening researching the seller and the item itself so I could verify 100% the authenticity, at least as best I could. Everything checked out, the seller had perfect feedback and had a number of high dollar SW items up for sale, so I went ahead and bit.

I got it for at least $100 less than I have seen any other loose ones go for on eBay the past couple of months, at least any ones from reputable sellers that did not seem fishy in any way. So even though it was a LOT of dough to drop at once I don't feel like I got raped or anything, and after receiving it I was able to confirm that it was in fact the real deal. (Went to far as to actually scratch the cape with my finger and compared it to the WAV file on SWCA to verify)

So I'm really happy with these recent puchases, along with my carded DROIDS C-3PO and A-Wing Pilot. I JUST missed on picking up a carded DROIDS Fett a couple weeks back, so this helped soothe the pain.

Not many gaps now, outside of stuff like DT Ben and Vader, and Vlix of course. Picking up the VC Jawa has sort of re-ignited my vintage interest again though, so I think I'm going to get back into the variant thing again for awhile. This week I picked up a couple of new ones, the Imperial Commander (Long neck + smooth jacket) and that white droid with the circle on his one hip. (Sorry, at work and can never remember his name)

I swear, I could keep going and going with just the vintage variants...what a slippery slope!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 7, 2012, 02:47 AM »
Couple items I picked up at our local toy show last weekend.

Canadian FX-7, really glad to find this & add it to my FX-7 focus!  8)

Canadian 12" Boba Fett. Wowsers!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 7, 2012, 02:54 AM »
Great finds Dale!  Glad to hear the Edmonton Toy Show was a success for you.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1143 on: April 7, 2012, 03:15 PM »
Y'all have been finding some impressive items.  Thanks for sharing!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 14, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Not toy related but pretty cool, just got this in the mail today from the Prop Store of London.   8)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1145 on: April 15, 2012, 02:41 AM »
Very cool!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1146 on: April 15, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Wampa fur = awesome  ;D Very cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06 AM »
When it says original Wampa fur, is it the 80 version or the SE version (like the picture)?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 16, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Well, I just bit the bullet on a huge vintage carded purchase.  I picked up EV-9D9 and Barada on POTF cards, as well as a crisp, unpunched ROTJ Emperor all for $250.  In my insanity, I asked the guy if he had anything else to get rid of and he offered up 49 additional ROTJ carded figures for $1500.   :o  I really don't have that kind of money to blow all at once, but with little planned for Hasbro or Kubrick, my spending is way down this year.  I just couldn't pass this up, especially given that they're mostly still in really great shape, including the Fett, which I never thought I would own. 

I'm mostly missing figures from the first 31, so this is a nice way to tackle many of those for a little less $$$.  I originally intended to get figures with the movie they first appeared in, but idea's been shelved for a while now.  Here's the list of what's on the way.  I'll post a few pictures at a time when they start rolling in.

2-1b
r5-d4
princess leia organa  in white gown
b wing pilot
han solo hoth battle gear
imperial tie fighter pilot
rebel soldier hoth battle gear
jawa
power droid
han solo bespin outfit
prune face
bib fortuna
r2-d2
gamorean guard
klaatu
lando calrissian skiff gaurd disguise
han solo in trench coat
chewbacca
teebo
snaggletooth
cheif chirpa
luke skywalker
at-at driver
princess leia organa boushh disguise
lobot
darth vader
princess leia organa hoth outfit
ben kenobi
luke skywalker hoth battle gear
cloud car pilot
fx-7
lando calrissian
rancor keeper
imperial stormtrooper hoth battle gear
stormtrooper
han solo
ugnaught
princess leia organa in combat poncho
admiral ackbar
tuskan raider sand people
boba fett
biker scout
paploo
princess leia organa bespin gown
wicket w warrick
rebel commando
c3po
greedo

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 16, 2012, 01:30 PM »
WOW!!!! Nice! If you end up with any doubles of things you already had let me know. I'd love to add something "new" to my collection again.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47 PM »
WOW!!!! Nice! If you end up with any doubles of things you already had let me know. I'd love to add something "new" to my collection again.

I will definitely have some doubles - might have them ready by the meeting next Wed if you're planning to go.  I already had a lot of Jabba's goons, but figure I can sell off my extras to recoup some of my cost.  I'll be sure to let you know once I have a chance to go through them.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 16, 2012, 04:30 PM »
That's a nice haul, Justin. I would just love to see them when they got in! I might snag an extra figure depending on who you have.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14 PM »
I'll be sure to post them to the group.  I'm still pretty nervous about the purchase, so will be eagerly awaiting them myself!!!

*EDIT*  Got them today.  Holy Crap.  There really isn't anything that compares to popping open a box of 50 old school vintage.  I'm like a kid a Christmas.

For anyone interested, I am going to host a month of vintage showcasing the collection.  You can check it out over in this thread:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22347.0
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:28 PM by JediJman »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 7, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Nothing too exciting but:

Droids carded Kea Moll

ROTJ carded Wicket

ESB carded with resealed bubble Cloud Car Pilot

I have figure envy posting this after JediJman's recent haul though.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 9, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Are there any reputable web sites other than Brians Toys that sell carded Kenner stuff?