Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409092 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1170 on: June 5, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Not very exciting, but I took an original ESB card, original Bossk and gun and resealed it with a current Vintage Collection bubble. Not super pretty, but gets the job done for a fraction of the cost.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 25, 2012, 03:05 AM »
Not very exciting, but I took an original ESB card, original Bossk and gun and resealed it with a current Vintage Collection bubble. Not super pretty, but gets the job done for a fraction of the cost.

Cool idea.  Do you have a picture to share?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 25, 2012, 10:40 AM »

Cool idea.  Do you have a picture to share?

I can work on that. I also now have, Snowtrooper, ATAT Driver, Yoda, Luke, Biker Scout, Lumat, Ackbar, Ugnaught. Working on more.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Finally locked down one of my "Grail" items tonight...a carded DROIDS Boba Fett.

This is no pageant-winning card...it's got about every kind of conceivable damage you could possibly imagine...bends, rips, warped bubble, etc. But the figure and coin are totally intact and unharmed, and the bubble is still completely affixed, so there's that.

I'm not terribly picky about card condition, especially for old stuff like this, so it's not really a big deal to me. I guess I could have held out and hoped to score one for less than a thousand bucks at some point, but that seems increasingly unlikely. This one was much more in my comfort zone, price-wise. (Still not cheap though)

Anyway, my DROIDS carded collection is now officially complete, many hundreds of dollars later.  ;D

Hmm, there's always still Vlix, I guess.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1174 on: June 28, 2012, 10:54 PM »
Congrats! That's awesome, it is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 10, 2012, 03:43 AM »
I've finally completed my loose collection!  The last figure I needed was a pop-up saber R2-D2, but it took me a while because it was so hard to find one without a reproduction saber.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Congrats Jesse, that one looks to be in very nice shape indeed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 10, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Looks fantastic.  Nice score and congrats on finishing off the loose line!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 10, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Sweet R2, Congrats on the completion of the loose line Jesse. With that done, any idea what you will be collecting next?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 11, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Great find there. We need to start a Brotherhood of Loose Vintage Figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 11, 2012, 08:32 PM »
This is fun to finally say.

Received my loose Yak Face and tri logo card back today.

Excellent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:24 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 12, 2012, 10:59 AM »
This is fun to finally say.

Received my loose Yak Face and tri logo card back today.

Excellent.

Congrats Nick!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 17, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Upon receiving my seen it's better days pop up saber R2 today I now have one version of all 96 original basic vintage figures attached to an original vintage card back in one way or another. 2/3 are factory sealed and the other 1/3 are sealed by me with some sort of newer bubble.

I'm talking one version of and not all the variations. So for example I have a ROTJ Vader and not a 12 back, ESB etc. etc.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 22, 2012, 09:28 AM »
I just picked up off of eBay the INT-4, MLC-3 and MTV-7 mini rigs.

I had them all as a kid - but when I grabbed as much of my Vintage stuff out of my parents' house as I could find, the only mini-rigs I came away with were the AST-5, CAP-2, Radar Laser Cannon, Desert Sail Skiff and PDT-8.

I never had an Endor Forest Ranger - so I bought that off eBay a while ago, and the ISP-6 was always a favorite of mine so I grabbed one of those off eBay a while ago as well.

So now I just need the Ewok Catapult and Vehicle Maintenance Energizer to have the rest of the smaller vehicles/accessories that I want.

I'd love to get the One-Man Sand Skimmer, Security Scout and Imperial Sniper mini-rigs from the Power of the Jedi line, but I know those can be very pricey.

Edit: I also just grabbed a 100% complete, display-only (never-played with) condition Ewok Village playset. With all of the Ewoks coming, and the fact that I'm sure the Ewok Village playset would NEVER be re-released by Hasbro, I felt confident picking one up off eBay to give my Endor shelf something else besides the Saga Collection Endor AT-AT...

I'm going to be going for one more thing today to add to it - hoping I get it, it's something I never got as a kid so picking up this additional Ewok accessory would be awesome!  ;D

Edit #2: Woohoo! Just won an auction for the Ewok Battle Wagon - I know some people think it's cheesy, but I have always thought it was rather neat, glad to finally have this in my collection too...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:05 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1184 on: August 1, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Never seen a displayed Battle wagon so It would be cool if you had all of that displayed. After Jar jar, Ewoks rock.
He's no good to me open