Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409099 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1395 on: November 20, 2013, 04:57 PM »
With the addition of a Han in Carbonite Block from Slave 1 set and three legged R2 from Droid Factory set and using my definition of original figure versus variation of a figure I believe I now have all the vintage figures.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 20, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Woohoo!  Congratulations Nick!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 20, 2013, 08:57 PM »
I just realized other than a few pieces the "extras" as far as I was concerned with my R2 are pretty much a full set of the Droid Factory. Nice.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 24, 2013, 12:05 AM »
This probably means nothing to most. You either collect loose so packaging means nothing or you collect IN the packaging, but anyway:

Recently added cardbacks of:
Droids: R2D2, C3PO, Tig Fromm, A Wing Pilot, Kez Iban, Jann Tosh, Uncle Gundy, Thall Joben.
Ewoks: Wicket, Logray, Dulok Scout

Other than the Kez Iban and Dulok Scout which the paper is missing where the bubble was removed, the rest had the bubble cut off so the part glued on is still there, thus the artwork is all still there.

Really excited about the R2 and 3PO seeing as how I will certainly never have them actually carded.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:10 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1399 on: November 24, 2013, 11:33 AM »
That's pretty cool. I have a small growing collection of cardbacks. I always get some at Quake in chicago for a buck or so, and always pick some up at shows too for cheap. You always find really interesting variations and it's a nice way of collecting carded without doing it.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 24, 2013, 01:08 PM »
it's a nice way of collecting carded without doing it.

So glad someone else out there thinks like me!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1401 on: December 10, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Had to share my latest acquisition - a MIB Jawa Bop Bag. This was the last of my major Jawa pieces and one that vexed me for years. I actually never imagined I would have a vinyl cape Jawa years before this guy, but he's very, very uncommon:

Forgot how heavy these bags were, all rolled up in that little box - a real treat to find and put up on the Jawa shelf.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 10, 2013, 09:17 PM »
That's wicked cool. I want to see a picture of the Jawa shelf!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 10, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Dude, that is so awesome.  I didn't even know that existed.  Cool addition.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1404 on: December 10, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Not great pic of jawa shelf atop vintage swag.

Different view with the regal jawa and tomy jawa:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:56 PM by Darby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53 PM »
That's really cool. I love the bop bag. I use to have a Darth Vader one myself. Your jawa collection is complete! Now you need to write a children's book about jawas and how they helped Santa save Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:54 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 12, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Almost finished with my vintage collection.  Picked up these guys last week...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 12, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Wow! That was a great deal at $3.49 each.  That seller didn't know what they had.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:16 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 12, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Nice Justin! I love those three. They were some of the first I splurged on back in the day when I could throw my money at whatever.

Just bought a custom made carded Uzay Tie Pilot (Savas Piloto) for about $20 on ebay. Fig and cardback look just like the real thing and I couldn't pass up the chance to pretend I had a carded Uzay fig.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 12, 2013, 10:39 PM »
Wow! That was a great deal at $3.49 each.  That seller didn't know what they had.

Well, plus tax.   ;)  Actually, I couldn't believe it when the package arrived.  He used one of those ultra small fixed price USPS shipping boxes that looks like it wouldn't fit a single carded figure.  He put two face to face and the other at an angle just to squeeze them in, with no support or packing material at all.  I was shocked when the package came and figured he hadn't sent all three, then opened it in horror.   Amazingly, they don't look any worse for wear vs. the pictures I saw, but how cheap/lazy can you get?

Nice Justin! I love those three. They were some of the first I splurged on back in the day when I could throw my money at whatever.

Just bought a custom made carded Uzay Tie Pilot (Savas Piloto) for about $20 on ebay. Fig and cardback look just like the real thing and I couldn't pass up the chance to pretend I had a carded Uzay fig.

Thanks!  I never had these as a kid, so never really sought them out in the past.  Picked up a Luke Endor and Weequay this week as well, so now I just need Pop-Up Saber R2 and *gulp* Yakface.  Nice score on the Uzay TIE Pilot.  Is the figure different than the US or just the packaging?