Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409074 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1455 on: March 16, 2014, 10:46 AM »
I got a nice lot of stuff off craigslist for $90 shipped the other day. Great deal. All of it was upgrades except for the Ewok Village, which I;d show if photobucket didn't pass out in the middle of this post... it isn't complete, but came with the catapult:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Nice haul!  Craigslist shipped?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1457 on: March 17, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Shipped.  :) Out of the way to go get.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 17, 2014, 05:03 PM »
I just shipped my pants.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1459 on: March 23, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Was in Chicago over the weekend and along with the usual stops at Quake and now Ka-Pow, I stopped by Forever Young also. I hadn't been there before and wasn't sure if it still was, knowing she was selling the place. Turns out she is still there and I had a great haul. Got all this for just over $200:

A lot of great fun stuff, but I think the Spanish PVC Droids 3-PO was by far the coolest find. If I remember correctly this was Comic Figuras? Not sure. I think there was an R2 also but she didn't have him. Also loved the complete set of ROTJ candy dispensers with the candy still inside! I loved these as a kid.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1460 on: March 25, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Got a long sought figure finally off ebay the other day:

Fair price, and he came with the non-Droids coin. I still have the Droids cartoon coin from the 3-PO I had as a kid (sadly did not survive many moves and puberty) so this was a nice addition. Together at last:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 25, 2014, 11:42 PM »
I love that pair from the Droids line.  Nice score Darby!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 26, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Recently purchased and received today a loose Rebel Transport. I've always wanted one but just never have picked it up even though they aren't that pricey. I believe it is complete with all decals with the exception it only came with four backpacks and two gas masks (one of each would have been good enough for me). Even got the instructions that had been gnawed on by some sort of rodent.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 29, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Received a lot of four "1988 Star Wars Action Figures" that I recently bought for $10 on ebay today.
POTF2 Biggs-my son can have that
POTF2 8D8-he can have that too
vintage long mouth Biker Scout-add him to my vintage army builders
and the reason I bought the lot, a vintage short mouth Biker Scout. If I have read up correctly it is the Lili Ledy version too.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 29, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Received a lot of four "1988 Star Wars Action Figures" that I recently bought for $10 on ebay today.
POTF2 Biggs-my son can have that
POTF2 8D8-he can have that too
vintage long mouth Biker Scout-add him to my vintage army builders
and the reason I bought the lot, a vintage short mouth Biker Scout. If I have read up correctly it is the Lili Ledy version too.

Nice score Nick!  $10 alone for the short mouth scout is a terrific deal!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 31, 2014, 02:18 PM »
Not something I would usually splurge on, but had some money from selling some cards on ebay:

Bought a loose vintage 12 inch Lili Ledy Darth Vader. No saber or foil chest decal, but all other "clothes" with him and in nice shape.

Love this thing. Not because it is great looking, but it's just so funny looking. Looks like they took a vintage basic figure Vader head and enlarged it and then put it on a Ken Doll body that was painted black. and then given black clothes to wear with a cape.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1466 on: April 1, 2014, 01:01 AM »
Not really new acquisitions for me, but I am doing a little work to some vintage playsets.  I replaced the foam on my vintage Dagobah playset with some repro foam off of ebay and I also purchased some repro foam for my Death Star Trash compactor.  I am also going to see if I can replace the old broken turret.

I'll post some pictures when I'm done.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1467 on: April 2, 2014, 02:34 PM »
Posted a "Want to buy" ad on Craigs list and a guy called me about a Land speeder in SW first Kenner box and never been played with. Also came with inserts and catalog, and to boot I found a sealed Emperor while diging in his toys bins. Total $40.00. He also wanted to sell me his complete vintage SW traiding cards series for $50.00. what do you guys think I should do call him back on the cards, he would also throw in the Wonder bread cards too.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 2, 2014, 04:47 PM »
I'm not a big card guy as those would just sit in a box or binder, but great score on the Landspeeder with box.  Great addition to your vintage collection!  I had a guy offer up a complete set of the original colored border cards about a year ago, but I didn't even entertain a price on them. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1469 on: April 2, 2014, 07:15 PM »
Not sure on the cards either but good deal on the Landspeeder. Looking at ebay $50 seems fair if they're good shape.