Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 408986 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1530 on: May 15, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Because I have no self control:

Made a mistake not finishing off my 12 backs a few years ago when prices were cheap. Now i"m paying for it. Still I'm committed to trying to get the last remaining ones I need - just four now: Obi-Wan, DS Commander, Sand People and Vader - under $500 each. We'll see. But off to a great start with a great deal on a really good Chewie. He's got a dent on the top of the bubble but he's all right with me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 16, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Very nice addition Darby!  Did you get him for the TRU sticker price or did you have to pay more?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1532 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Sadly I paid a little over sticker price...  :)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39 AM »

He had to pay tax and shipping too obviously Justin.

But seriously that is cool. I will never have a 12 back and it's neat to see people who do. So pretty.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 16, 2014, 09:32 AM »

He had to pay tax and shipping too obviously Justin.

But seriously that is cool. I will never have a 12 back and it's neat to see people who do. So pretty.

Never say never...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 16, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Maybe someday I'll buy a 12back Luke or R2-D2 in honor of my first two Star Wars figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1536 on: May 16, 2014, 05:23 PM »
I own a lot of things now I never expected to, so yeah, never say never. A set of 12 backs has always been a goal of mine. I really should have finished them off a few years ago but my focus has always been loose and on Jawas, so I've passed up some 12 backs time and again in favor of some pretty great Jawa related pieces.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 18, 2014, 12:41 AM »
A fun addition for me, the Takara wind-up R2.  It's a beater, missing the front sticker but the walking feature still works!   click the pic to see him in action:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:46 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Sweet.  Think about this guy once in a while, but have never pulled the trigger.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 19, 2014, 05:24 AM »
I think I got pretty lucky, $25 plus shipping.  He's definitely showing his age, but I'm stoked to have him.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 19, 2014, 03:49 PM »
(I believe) complete remote control R2D2. He is a little dirty, but comes with R2, the remote, the antenna, the instructions, a couple tabs I think went around his legs saying "electronic do not drop", both styrofoam inserts to hold R2 and keep the box's shape and an, I'd say, good to very good condition box.

Grand total after bid, shipping, (unfortunately) tax was $18.18. I thought it was a home run. The fact only one other person bid maybe says it isn't. Fun to get something with a box AND inserts though.

Oh and seller had it listed as "untested". I probably will leave it untested.

And now I type this more for myself than any other reason, my vintage funds need to replenish so unless I can find a reasonable priced Sise Fromm or the item is less than $10, I WILL NOT BE HAVING ANY LATEST VINTAGE ACQUISITIONS FOR A WHILE!!!! Self control, self control, self control, self control....................
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:54 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52 PM »
I think I got pretty lucky, $25 plus shipping.  He's definitely showing his age, but I'm stoked to have him.

Nice! I'd have jumped at that price.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 29, 2014, 04:04 PM »
And now I type this more for myself than any other reason, my vintage funds need to replenish so unless I can find a reasonable priced Sise Fromm or the item is less than $10, I WILL NOT BE HAVING ANY LATEST VINTAGE ACQUISITIONS FOR A WHILE!!!! Self control, self control, self control, self control....................

A guy I know, goes by the name of GrandMoffRick, picked up a 12" (15") IG88. No accessories and no right hand so price was low.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:57 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 29, 2014, 05:49 PM »
No hand!?  I wonder if you could find another on the cheap and mix parts.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 6, 2014, 03:35 PM »
Sise Fromm, no robe arrived today. Got him for pretty much right what I wanted to pay too.

I now have every vintage Kenner Star Wars figure (at least one version of each anyway, don't have all variations).

About 70% are carded and thus complete. Of the 30% loose some are not complete. As simple as a weapon or as expensive as my Droids C3PO having no limbs (yes I know it's a stretch to say I have that figure then).

Now for the long process of figuring out what accessories I am missing and finding them on the cheap. That'll have to wait though. Finally wallet you get a rest.

Fun day, but kinda sad too.........
« Last Edit: June 6, 2014, 03:46 PM by GrandMoffNick »