Author Topic: When will the ROTS clearances start?  (Read 58095 times)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: When will the ROTS clearances start?
« Reply #15 on: November 4, 2005, 04:45 AM »
well, toys are almost never in clearance in france.   :( >:(

mostly, because stores aren't allowed to loose money when they sell something (they can only do so during the two "sales" (soldes in French) periods in january and july.
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: November 4, 2005, 05:25 AM »
I hope they clearance stuff like that.  We have RT's I'd like to stock up on and the last of the Wookiee Flyers would go with me too for a downed one with some dead Wookiees strewn about it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 4, 2005, 02:39 PM »
well, toys are almost never in clearance in france.   :( >:(

mostly, because stores aren't allowed to loose money when they sell something (they can only do so during the two "sales" (soldes in French) periods in january and july.

I think you need a collecting buddy in the states to hook you up.  I'll be happy to try and help you if you like.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 4, 2005, 04:12 PM »
I'm waiting for the "Duel" Unleashed to go on clearence.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 9, 2005, 09:50 AM »
I'm waiting for the "Duel" Unleashed to go on clearence.

I think Target clearenced them out already.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 9, 2005, 01:21 PM »
I don't think you'll see much of a clearance on figures.  Maybe Force Battlers, Attactix, and some vehicles.

I'm holding out for Obi-Wan's starfighter and I'd like to score a Mustafar playset for less than $15.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 9, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Wookie copter, barc speeder and obi-wan w/boga already at 10.48 at my local Targets, bring them on...
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 02:28 AM »
I don't think you'll see much of a clearance on figures.  Maybe Force Battlers, Attactix, and some vehicles.

I'm holding out for Obi-Wan's starfighter and I'd like to score a Mustafar playset for less than $15.

I dunno about that right now ruiner...  I'd have agreed maybe a month ago, but man in just the past two weeks (around the DVD launch) I'm seeing TONS of ****.  And this time it's not flying off shelves nor does it  have an immediate reason to do so (IE: The movie causing a massive influx of interest like happened to all the 4/2 figures). 

The DVD's come and gone...  People are buying, but the rate they're buying at is diminished, and when figures like Clones aren't even flying out the door I think there's diminished interest enough that many things have the ability to pegwarm...  Namely the surprises that didn't pegwarm from the 4/2 blitz.

Chewie's, spinning Obi-Wan's, Vaders...  And the oddball background people will definitely sit if shipped heavily...  Yoda's not moving (either version), the Deluxe are definitely backing up (ones that were really hard to find for a while too like Vader w/table, and the Crab Droid).

I think there's potential clogging going on here right now...  Of course, the way this year's gone and things, I could go to the same stores next week and I really shouldn't be surprised to see all the Bly's and Grees gone that I saw tonight...  There's a TON though.

Certain clones still have the "hoard" or "scalper" appeal though and that's frustrating...  501st and 41st paint decoes are still impossible to find...  The final 5 figs in general are just not making it out there in my area.

Weird stuff this year...  Really I can't think of anything similar in all 10 years of the modern line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 01:03 PM »
A Target by me had the 15$ ships for $10.48. They had also clearanced out the unleashed figures. My local Wal-Mart had that interactive Yoda on clearance. That's all I've seen so far.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Seems like anything above the first 56 still are hot around here, except for silver Nemoidians and the black Wookiees.  Everything else is gone within a day still.  I counted over 10 each of Bly and Gree at a Walmart the other day, went back two days later and they were all gone.

What seems to be sitting now are figures like Vader and Yoda (and the regular Nemoidian), but they've shipped the hell out of them lately too.

I think that when the Christmas shopping hits full stride, this stuff is gonna fly again off the pegs.

The main reason I think a lot of it is sitting right now is because the people the buy it for themselvels already have all of it.  The kids who get them as gifts still are hoping to get Vader, Obi Wan, R2D2, etc. for Christmas.

And, now that I want some more gray Clone pilots, I don't see them anywhere.   ::)

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Clearances have begun in Canuckia - TRU is having a 1/2 price sale starting this weekend on all basic figures.  (Sadly enough, that's still $4.97 up here)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 03:39 PM »
We had a local TRU that pulled ALL of the 3 3/4 figures, keeping the vechiles, the unleashed, and stuff like that. Really weird.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 02:32 PM »
One of my local targets is clearancing out the regular battle packs for $17.48.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 07:04 PM »
i feel your pain with those gray pilots, i've come up with some custom ideas and now i can't find any.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Try Kohls for those Gray Clone Pilots. Thats all my local one has.
I remember my dream now.