Author Topic: When will the ROTS clearances start?  (Read 58088 times)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: When will the ROTS clearances start?
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I found the first clearanced regular figures I've seen (since regular figures are rather rare these days at Target) - Utapaun warriors for around $3.68.   And I'm talking an army of warriors. 20 or so? 25?  Man, what's up with that?

Also the deluxe packs were $6.98 or so. Some clone 3 packs in there. I didn't pick up anything.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2005, 02:54 PM »
I was hoping I might be able to nab one of the Target TIEs on clearance, but they have all been bought up already (at full price), hopefully more will be put out on the floor.  I stopped off at Wal-Mart this morning looking for any of the 2006 stuff, and they had the remaining ROTS figures they had (a few pegs worth) on clearance for $4 each.  The M and M figures were also clearanced, but I'm not sure of the price.  I was tempted to pick up a few of the ROTS figs, since they had Vader, R2, Clones, etc., but I'm saving for next year at this point.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Four dollar figure clearance at our Wallys as well.

Mostly the pegwarmers....
Nemoidian Warriors (how can you call them warriors when they get sliced and diced with four seconds of screentime?)
Long-tongued political yesmen (might pick up for a jedi custom)
Chopper bots (worst ROTS fig of the year)
Alien mining camp workers.

I did find a cream-color Menna though, so not all bad.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2005, 11:50 PM »
not even pegwarmers around here to put ON clearance
-Dhivael

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2005, 10:46 AM »
One Target by me had nearly everything on clearance. I was thinking about picking up four nemoidians at $3.50 each, but I bought a TIE fighter for $28 instead. Another Target had a few Saga 2 figures, as well as a TIE fighter, 6 Mon
Mothmas, two or three Stass Allies, and a few other ships along with other stuff, and the only things on clearance were cans of silly string for the battle droid silly string rifle.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Guess I'll make my Target rounds this weekend. 

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2005, 03:03 PM »
My closest Target finally clearanced the remaining ROTS figures, which are all frogs, at $2.48 and they're still sitting. I'm checking daily on the plastic figure cases which have had their second markdown so far and still aren't moving. I'll nab some if they drop below $3.00 a set.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2005, 06:20 PM »
Basic figures at my Target were $2.38. I bought 4 Nemoidians. Now you can laugh at me as much as you want.  :P

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Not much in my area to report on clearances. Target has tons of the "collectors cases" for $6.98, I get a feeling with this debacle we won't be seeing them try this again any time soon. Which is ironic, because I've seen many people ask for such things from Hasbro and then it gets no support? I did pick up a Deluxe Stass Allie for $4.98, but the pickings otherwise were slim. The battle packs at $13 which is $12.99 more than what their worth...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Much the same way everyone wants vehicles till they see the outrageous ass stretching prices Hasbro and/or the retailer decide to charge.  B-Wing comes to mind, which I saw hit several stages of clearance due to the $40 pricetag...  Hell, even ARC-170's didn't sell and that was a new sculpt. :)  I had a tougher time tracking the Tri-Fighter, AT-RT, and Wookiee Copter's down.

But we all want that $80 AT-TE right?  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Much the same way everyone wants vehicles till they see the outrageous ass stretching prices Hasbro and/or the retailer decide to charge.  B-Wing comes to mind, which I saw hit several stages of clearance due to the $40 pricetag...  Hell, even ARC-170's didn't sell and that was a new sculpt. :)  I had a tougher time tracking the Tri-Fighter, AT-RT, and Wookiee Copter's down.

But we all want that $80 AT-TE right?  ;D

Weren't the collector cases priced similar to Star Cases? 5/$10? I may be out of the loop on that, but that's what I thought the deal was there with pricing.

ARC-170's didn't sell by you? Impressive, they were hard to find around me for months on end, same goes for the other vehicles you mentioned. The only ones to sit were the Jedi starfighters and Grievous' wheelbike. But they must all be gone now thanks to the Xmas splurging.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I'm surprised you guys are finding ANY figures on clearance. Both Targets around me have nothing but those stupid cases, and those are "on sale" for $8.99. I have NO idea where all of the Nemoidians, Mons, and Palpatines went.

And Target got in a bunch of Tri-Fighters and Jedi Starfighters for some reason, I guess old stock from the back. Why can't these be put on sale?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2005, 12:32 AM »
I was hoping to nab a number of figs on clearance, but they've all disappeared.  Sigh.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2005, 01:24 AM »
Found a Lava Anakin for 3 bucks and some change. Thats the only figure besides Nemodians that Ive found on clearance.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Yeah Jason, the ARCs sat and sat here from day one...  Not a big seller.  I thought it was that way for most people by what I'd read around the net over the year.  Gunships were impossible to find of course but the ARC was everywhere.  If you couldn't nab it at Target or WM it was guaranteed at TRU.  I saw some there just the last time I was there (before X-Mas).

Now the AT-RT, that was a vehicle that sold phenomenally well.  I mean, I saw it but it never lasted long...  I got 2, and now wish I'd bought a 2nd Wookiee Copter.  Great ships.

As far as the cases, from what I know of what my local buds that collect carded have said, the Target cases were WAY overpriced.  They get cases in bulk and split them up though (I've gotten my cases for a lot of my Silver figs from them) and it comes out to like $1 a case or less I think...  Real cheap though.  If I saw the Target ones real cheap I'd maybe get a set just cuz I need some right now.

The B-Wing I saw as cheap as $20 before it FINALLY dried up around here.  Some Targets had those stacked to the ceilings.  Like others though I'm sure distribution was hit or miss.  I know some people think the Y-Wing was a shelfwarmer but I never saw it and Target was brand spankign new around Pittsburgh.  Just never know if it's gonna be rare or not I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77