Author Topic: 2004/2005 NHL Offseason  (Read 71293 times)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
Re: NHL '03-'04
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 12:33 PM »
Yeah, those pics were awesome. I would have loved to have gone to that!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 05:17 PM »
That would have been great...and man if my wife thinks she is cold at a Hockey Game now, imagine that!!

OF course if we tried that here, it would be water polo....

By the way, when does Dallas get the All Star game?  I thought it was either this year or next since we got the new Arena.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 10:14 PM »
Not this year.  Minnesota has it this year.  Is it sold out yet Scott (Jim)?  I'm still trying to work it out so I can get there, but hard finding somebody from here to go.  Got a buddy that's a prof at UofM so I may just try to convince him.  Unless Matt messes it up with Vegas plans.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 4, 2003, 03:25 PM »
For those who have not seen this:

MegaStars Game Worn Jersey - Wayne Gretzky

:o

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 12:45 PM »
Not this year.  Minnesota has it this year.  Is it sold out yet Scott (Jim)?  I'm still trying to work it out so I can get there, but hard finding somebody from here to go.  Got a buddy that's a prof at UofM so I may just try to convince him.  Unless Matt messes it up with Vegas plans.
The game and skills competition have been sold out forever.  I think there are still tickets for the Practice sessions

BTW Brent...saw a ton of NHL 6 everywhere yesterday...no variants and no Jets Sellane

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 09:30 PM »
Thanks for looking.  I'm not desperate for anything, I have what I need save the 3rd Jersey Patrick Roy and I am not holding my breath for that one.  

Not likely I'll be down for the allstar game either.  Pity, but finances just won't allow.  Probably moving to a newer house next year and going to Hawaii next December, so really not that much more expendable cash beyond what I already waste on toys ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Ugh, the Wild are bad news this year.  Gaborik's contract hold out really hurt the chemistry on the team.  They cannot score goals, its really sad to watch.  They have tied 16-17 times and around 5 of those are due to letting in goals in the last minute of play.  They need Offense, they have tons of young talent which will help in a few years, we got spoiled here last year :P

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2004, 12:00 AM »
Ugh, the Wild are bad news this year.  Gaborik's contract hold out really hurt the chemistry on the team.  They cannot score goals, its really sad to watch.  They have tied 16-17 times and around 5 of those are due to letting in goals in the last minute of play.  They need Offense, they have tons of young talent which will help in a few years, we got spoiled here last year :P

How 'bout them Predators this year huh!? I've been to 9 games this year already, including the Wild a couple of Mondays ago, which is already more than I went to all of last year. Fingers are crossed that we get into the playoffs this season and decide to open up the wallets even a little bit to lure someone over. In the meantime I'll proudly sport my Jamie Allison jersey, which I believe other than his own personal jersey is the only one in existence!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2004, 11:40 AM »
Just saw on the news last night the Wild are 0-0-15 in Overtime this year, a NHL record for most straight OT ties, they have also blown 15 games going into the 3rd period leading, last year they were 30-0-1 in the same situation

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2004, 10:04 AM »
Make that 16 games >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Edmonton 5-2 over the Chicago Blackhawks.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Stick a fork in the Minnesota Wild, they are done for the year.  They spoiled us last year

So what are the chances there will be a 04-05 season?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Stick a fork in the Minnesota Wild, they are done for the year.  They spoiled us last year

So what are the chances there will be a 04-05 season?

Yep, Brunette is about to be yanked in my pool.  

But to answer your question:

Zip, zero, nada, zilch, no stinking way.....

The players have no interest in a new CBA with a salary cap, so it will be long and ugly.  

The owners may or may not be telling the truth about the number of teams losing money.  One thing is certain though.  They can write off their losses due to the lockout and don't have to pay the players.  If the money losing is true, the lockout probably leaves them further ahead financially, or in a no lose situation.  

No offense intended to the players, but they are a bunch of highly talented and greedy, spoiled little children.  Listening to the player reps has to be the most annoying thing in the world as they talk about deserving and entitled to.  Um.  No.  Sorry, you're not.  Like all sports you're grossly overpaid, often for a distinct lack of effort.  

Couple all of that with Bettman's mismanagement of the league (yes, the US has all the money, but none -relatively speaking - of the interest).  I have no disagreement with places like the northern states having hockey or Texas for that matter.  But San Jose, two teams in LA, Carolina, two if Florida, Nashville?  Give me a break.  

Do note this all comes with a major heaping of sour grapes.  Being from Winnipeg where we averaged a meagre 12,500 fans per game (by the way that's butts in the seats, not tickets given away :-*) it's really annoying to tune into what should be a really good game in Carolina or LA and see 60%+ of the seats sitting empty on a Saturday night.   >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2004, 11:59 AM »
Do note this all comes with a major heaping of sour grapes.  Being from Winnipeg where we averaged a meagre 12,500 fans per game (by the way that's butts in the seats, not tickets given away :-*) it's really annoying to tune into what should be a really good game in Carolina or LA and see 60%+ of the seats sitting empty on a Saturday night.   >:(

It is kinda sad to think that 12,500 fans in Winnipeg wasn't enough to make money, but 6400 in Tampa is?  Huh?  The dollar isn't THAT strong.

Unless some serious negotiations start in June the only Hockey I'll have next fall will be the World Cup of Hockey matches... and College Hockey... and High School Hockey... hmmm.  Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Jeff

ps
Better luck next year boys.  
Wild bright spots for 03-04=
Daigle's return to the NHL and Rolie's All-Star gig!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 12:00 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2004, 12:04 PM »
That's right Jeff, lets go Gophers!  And Elks (Girls are in SemiFinals right now and Boys are favorites in their section)! :-*  Where did you go to high school?