Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

(1/5) > >>

Jesse James:
Yup, it's been announced (yesterday or the day before).

It's up at www.lucasarts.com

Also, one of the gamer mags has the first screenshots.  The game will include at least SOME kind of multiplayer, and it will be a Gamecube exclusive just as Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was/is.

Visually it looks stunning in the few screens pictured so far, but I'll wait till I play it to critique gameplay.  There's actually 3rd person shooter levels judging by the screens (Even slicing open an AT-AT and blowing it up with a grenade).  I'm not sure how I'll like those mixed in with the flight gaming.

I hope the game has a decent story, more atmospheric missions, and that the game is as BIG as Rogue Leader (Or bigger) in flight combat, and that the 3rd person stuff is just a side thing between missions sometimes.

Rogue Leader didn't have much of a story though, and was too "Space" based...  2 aspects I missed from the original Rogue Squadron.

Should be cool though I do believe, so I'm looking forward to this immensely.

dustrho:
Wish this was coming out to PS2.  I can't say anything else about it but that.

Mikey D:

--- Quote from: dustrho on May  6, 2003, 12:25 AM ---Wish this was coming out to PS2.  I can't say anything else about it but that.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, but with rumors of a GC price drop, I might have to pick one up.  This game would be at the top of my buy list (along with RSII)

dustrho:

--- Quote from: Mikey D on May  6, 2003, 02:24 PM ---Agreed, but with rumors of a GC price drop, I might have to pick one up.
--- End quote ---

The Gamecube is going down in price again???  When is that going to happen, and how much is it going to be then?

Scott:
I've been thinking of picking up a GC since Zelda and Metroid came out...now I might have to

http://www.gamers.com/game/1340454/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version