Author Topic: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike  (Read 10417 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
« on: April 24, 2003, 01:09 AM »
Yup, it's been announced (yesterday or the day before).

It's up at www.lucasarts.com

Also, one of the gamer mags has the first screenshots.  The game will include at least SOME kind of multiplayer, and it will be a Gamecube exclusive just as Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was/is.

Visually it looks stunning in the few screens pictured so far, but I'll wait till I play it to critique gameplay.  There's actually 3rd person shooter levels judging by the screens (Even slicing open an AT-AT and blowing it up with a grenade).  I'm not sure how I'll like those mixed in with the flight gaming.

I hope the game has a decent story, more atmospheric missions, and that the game is as BIG as Rogue Leader (Or bigger) in flight combat, and that the 3rd person stuff is just a side thing between missions sometimes.

Rogue Leader didn't have much of a story though, and was too "Space" based...  2 aspects I missed from the original Rogue Squadron.

Should be cool though I do believe, so I'm looking forward to this immensely.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2003, 12:25 AM »
Wish this was coming out to PS2.  I can't say anything else about it but that.
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2003, 02:24 PM »
Wish this was coming out to PS2.  I can't say anything else about it but that.

Agreed, but with rumors of a GC price drop, I might have to pick one up.  This game would be at the top of my buy list (along with RSII)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2003, 10:08 AM »
Agreed, but with rumors of a GC price drop, I might have to pick one up.

The Gamecube is going down in price again???  When is that going to happen, and how much is it going to be then?
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2003, 04:46 PM »
I've been thinking of picking up a GC since Zelda and Metroid came out...now I might have to

http://www.gamers.com/game/1340454/

« Last Edit: May 9, 2003, 04:48 PM by OCB »

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2003, 06:19 PM »
I may have to pick up a GC now as well. I've been thinking about it ever since the new Zelda came out but this game might be the one to actually push me to buy it.

I too have heard of the rumored price drop of the 3 big systems but have no idea what they'll drop to or when. Just sometime possibly in the coming months is all I've heard.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2003, 02:26 PM »
I've heard rumors that the price drop announcement could come at the upcoming E3 convention.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 09:11 PM »
I posted this in the E3 thread but...

Dude at TRU told me the PS2 went down $30 today, expect XBox to follow at $30 and Gamecube to drop around $20.  That makes most of those GC bundles at $130 total...too good to pass up!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: August 4, 2003, 09:56 AM »
Thanks to reader Matt for the tip on this one...

http://cube.ign.com/articles/431/431711p1.html

1982 Star Wars Arcade game!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: August 4, 2003, 04:49 PM »
I wonder WHO you have to preorder with to get the bonus disc?  I'm not able to figure that out, or if it's just with Lucasarts themselves?

That's good news though...  A nice lil extra that actually is WORTH something. :)  Kinda like all the bonus material that came with Bounty Hunter, but for those who want to pre-order early.

Between that now preoder that's a MUST, and F-Zero's newest installment coming out soon, I'm gonna be uber-broke from the gaming budget. :)  Happily of course, especially with the reviews both games are getting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 7, 2003, 08:57 PM »
Ok guys help me out, I have a PS2 and it is used more as an emergency DVD player than a Game Console,...........

Is a GameCube worth it so just so I can play Rogue Squadon?  I mean I assume they have the EA Sports games too right?  I really don't know the difference in the 3 major consoles, but know that with RS III and a price drop coming, I could easily be swayed.

PM

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: August 7, 2003, 09:30 PM »
Is a GameCube worth it so just so I can play Rogue Squadon?  I mean I assume they have the EA Sports games too right?  I really don't know the difference in the 3 major consoles, but know that with RS III and a price drop coming, I could easily be swayed.

I've been thinking about getting a Gamecube as well... primarily just so I can get my hands on the Rogue Squadron III game.  But, there are also some great games that are out for X-Box.  Quite a dilemma, but if I had to choose between the two consoles I would get the Gamecube.

BTW... I already have a PS/2.
dustrho

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2003, 08:27 AM »
Ok the gamecube bundle is $130 at my local TRU (oddly they didn't have ANY Figures)  is that the best price around?

And is Rogue Squadron II available already, I know we have to wait for III.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2003, 09:50 PM »
Guys, the GC is EASILY worth the $.

More exclusive games you won't see ported to PC was my main reason for buying it, and it's paid off.

My library is small as I don't alot a ton of $ from my budget to gaming, but I've got Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness, Splinter Cell, and Bounty Hunter.

All 4 are TOP games if you ask me...  

I'm looking to pre-order RS3: Rebel Strike as well, and F-Zero which are both top exclusive games.

I highly recommend it, and if you already own a DVD player it's that much easier to go the Gamecube route.  I'll get KOTOR, and Jedi Academy for PC where they'll run smoother and where Jedi Academy will have custom levels by editors for it anyway so no loss to me there.

There's a TON of other games I've played that I enjoyed a lot as well, but have yet to buy...  Resident Evil series, and Metroid Prime being a few of them.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2003, 09:16 PM »
If yoru pre-order this game at most places you get a demo disc that includes the original Star Wars shooter game from the 80's. :)

I now own all three systems; GameCube, PS2, and as of today an X-Box.
I do not like my PS2. Not many games for the system that I truely like, they have all been better on the GameCube. I do like the Star Wars games for the PS2 system. I still play Bombad Racer alot with my friends. Get some drinks and play, it is fun.

Nintendo GameCube... It is Nintendo so yeah I bought it. I like this system. Rouge Squadron games is a good reason to buy this system.

X-Box...Today I became an X-Box owner. Mainly the Knights Of The Old Repbulic sold my to the system.

I am a console gamer.

ANyways, I am looking foward to RS3.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com