Author Topic: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2003, 12:27 AM »
Hey guys,

Check out Rebelscum for some coverage they have up right now of new screenies from Rebel Strike.  Some nice, though dark shots, and good information on upcoming levels that hadn't been mentioned before.

A couple of them sound particularly "military" in nature and like good non-trilogy based levels that should make the game feel unique.

I was hoping they'd have something to keep it from being too much of a "Play the trilogy" type of a game.  Those are often over-done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2003, 04:07 PM »
Just a note...  Rebelstrike has gone gold, meaning it's being pressed to disc and shipped out and stuff.  Before long we'll have our game in-hand it appears.

I noticed early reviews aren't glowing for it...  The walking combat is apparantly heavily flawed?

Should be interesting...  I personally wasn't looking forward to that aspect of the game anyway, though I did enjoy the Hoth level I played as the Demo so if it's like that it isn't as heavily flawed as the early reviews claim.

Keep your eyes pealed folks...  Should hit shelves soon.  I'll be happy just to play multi-player with it, and get into the new flying levels.  The rest is just extra stuff to me. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2003, 01:03 PM »
I've really been looking forward to this game as well.  I don't really buy a whole lot of video games anymore, but this is one I definitely want to pick up.  I saw the reviews aren't exactly glowing either, although not necessarily bad either from what I have read.  I thought it came out today (or this week for sure), has anyone picked it up yet?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2003, 06:33 PM »
I got mine today from Toys'R'Us.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/507121/103-9923112-1588650

This offer is good in store as well.  They will exchange unopened games with receipt within 45 days.  So when Mario Kart Double Dash and LOTR Return of the King arrive in early November I will get those too.

I will post a mini review soon...

-Fish-  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2003, 06:41 PM »
I nabbed this Thursday and I've been having a blast so far...

The walking levels aren't great, but they're not terrible either...  not nearly a "deal breaker" for the game to make it a flop IMO.

The level design's surprisngly unique and different...  A better mix of space and atmospheric engagements I'd say.  

Hopefully I'll have a full review up for all to read on the main page after I've gotten a little further into the game.  I'm having fun so far though, if not getting a little frustrated at the complexity of some of the missions.  (Good frustrated though...  It's a challenge, and a welcome one)

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 1, 2003, 06:21 PM »
It took me forever to complete Wedge's last mission with the Tie Hunter. I finally got the gold medals in Luke's last two missions yesterday. ;D

I think the game's great. Well worth it. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2003, 11:07 PM »
How did I ever miss this thread?

Anyway, I've had RS3 for about a month now and I still can't put it down. It's about as addicting to me as KOTOR was. The on foot missions are okay, but if you could change the camera angles, I'm sure I would like them better. Anyways, it's a great game and I suggest that everyone with a Gamecube buy it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline genraljake

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • im a big star wars collector with no friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 6, 2004, 09:09 AM »
i completed this game i got no bronze metals  i got 3 platium then rest are silver and gold my favourite level is  sarlak pit one