Author Topic: reference pic 4 grunts?  (Read 6047 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
reference pic 4 grunts?
« on: December 9, 2005, 12:44 PM »
Hey gang, does anyone have a reference pic for the Utahpah (SP?) grunts?
I've seen all the front shots of these guys, but I need sides and back shots to finish the stripes.  Do the upper arm stripes go all the way around the bicep, or does it stop under the arm?  how far up the back of the leg does the stripe extend to?
N E ONE??

thanks
« Last Edit: December 9, 2005, 05:22 PM by Talon_Karrde »
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: reference pic 4 grunts?
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Does this help?

:P

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Hey CHEWIE.  eh, kinda.  I really need a full side and full back view(HA! Thought I was goin to say "Back-Side; didnt U?).  I had forgotten about the Utapah clone coming out in '06.  Oh well, I'll just through mine on the shelf until Hasbro releases theirs.  thanks for the pic chewie; u da man!

;D
« Last Edit: December 9, 2005, 01:47 PM by Talon_Karrde »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2005, 03:23 PM »
have you ever used the slow motion on the dvd player?  this was not meant to sound like a smart ass, it's just that i wanted to take a closer look at all the background battle action to see what you kind of miss when in regular viewing.  and these utapah clones have lots of little accessories on them.  for instance if you look at the one clone right before he makes a run to jump on top of the crab droid and blast him on the top of the head you can see he has an extra one of those little cylinder deals, that are on the back of there belt, attached to his back armor right above the one on his belt.  also when the are rounding up the utapoians?? and cody asks if they've found kenobi's body or whatever look at the clones in the background one looks like he's got some sort of radio deal on his back while others look as if they have extra "ammo packs" or whatever the heck they are on there backs too.  but if all you're looking for is the paint, i believe it's the visual dictionary for rots they have a clone in there with cody grunts markings but they are in a kinda avacado green.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2005, 04:49 PM »
thanks JediPurge, I'll try that.  I've only done pauses on the dvd, but I will try your idea.  thanks

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 01:00 AM »
Sorry it took so long for me to post these, I had to wait until I got home.  I used PowerDVD's Snapshot function to get these:

Cody's Grunts

The last two just show small details like where the upper/inner thigh, inner calf, and upper arm paint lines end.  What's interesting are the other accessories that the grunt in pic 1 and 2 has on his back.  Also, in all the snapshots I've taken, I've seen numerous clones with the same helmet/armor/accessories as "Commander Fox," sometimes a few of them in one scene.  In pic 3 there are 2 of them.  This leads me to believe he's not a Commander, Lieutenant, or of any specific rank, but rather a different type of clone.  Maybe a medic?

B

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 11:52 AM »
those are some great pics, you can really see alot of detail! "commander fox" may still be a commander, commanders "thire" and "neyo" where the same armor as thier troops. i don't think he's a medic, because he calls for a medic in one scene when a regular armored colne is shot and cody hed him in charge of searching for kenobi's body, so he may be at least a LT. again great pics!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 09:02 AM »
Thanks for the pics bjardkerr.  Great quality!!!

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 11:09 AM »
SWEET!!!!!!!! Yes thanks Much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I'm going to suggest the armor isn't specific for medics, due to the fact that most of the "Foxes" are sporting heavy blasters (see pic 3).

In our world, at least, battlefield medics usually run around with holstered sidearms, at most - simply because it isn't easy to tend to injured troopers while hauling around a huge blaster.

I haven't heard this suggestion before, so I'll pitch it out there - maybe the "Foxes" are translators?

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I'm going to suggest the armor isn't specific for medics, due to the fact that most of the "Foxes" are sporting heavy blasters (see pic 3).

In our world, at least, battlefield medics usually run around with holstered sidearms, at most - simply because it isn't easy to tend to injured troopers while hauling around a huge blaster.

I haven't heard this suggestion before, so I'll pitch it out there - maybe the "Foxes" are translators?

Translators?  Like Language Translators?  Since there are more than one of these guys floating around, I would say Srgt's.  Unless they are Demolistions..............

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 04:55 PM »
I'm confused... I thought the final answer on the Beehive helmet clones was that they were airborn? Paratroopers, if you will? An elite and hard-as-nails subset of Cody's boys?

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 05:22 PM »
ya it makes complete sense that they be airborne troops as thats what their helmet respirator is for. High altitude drops.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 05:35 PM »