Author Topic: Best/Worst of the TSC line so far  (Read 5793 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Best/Worst of the TSC line so far
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Best: Sun Fac

Worst: Snowtrooper
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 3, 2006, 12:21 AM »
I'd say best is the AT-AT driver.
Really not sure about the worst yet.

Offline Admiral_Litthem

• Youngling
  • I'm not a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 3, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Best: 1. Cody
         2. AT-AT Driver
         3. Utapau Clone
         4. Firespeeder Pilot
         5. Bib Fortuna
         6. Sun Fac

Worst: Barada

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 3, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Best Bib Fortuna?  I accept Cody because he looks cool but Fortuna?  Come on that figure is pure crap.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 3, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Bib Fortuna doesn't look so bad; well, okay, the character is far from a favorite and he's pretty ugly, but the figure looks to be a pretty good representation of him. About the only thing I really see wrong with him that could've been done better is the "Arrrgh!" headsculpt, but that doesn't really ruin a charachter like this. Actually, if I found one cheap I'd pick it up; I just haven't cared enough to pay $6-$7 to have a buddy for my Jabba.

And it's a heck of a lot better than the days of the screaming headsculpt on main charachters like Mace Windu and Padme Amidala ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: April 4, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Best...  Sun Fac, AT-AT Driver, Utapau Clone

Worst...  Articulation, Price, Availability

Let's face it, this year's offerings would rival 2005 in quality if the figures were better articulated, the price were comparable to 2005 instead of $1 or $2 more, and you could FIND STUFF.

Articulation's probably my biggest complaint this year though...  1983's level of articulation on a figure's legs in 2006 is just really insulting as a consumer.  The Scorch figure is a great case-in point.  He's pretty perfect to me except those damn legs.  Browse scorch customs in the customizing area and you see, I've got some people backing that opinion for certain.

Carkoon Han is a mediocre figure...  Give him knee joints though, and you have a figure ready for the Battle at the Pit of Carkoon, one of the best action sequences of the classic trilogy...  Knee joints are warranted.

My opinion extends to Veers and Derlin...  Both I consider as possible army builders, and I think articulation would've made them certainly less dull as toys on the pegs.  My gf's son opened Derlin and straight away complained how he wasn't as much fun as the AT-AT Driver his brother got...  All because they "don't move" the same.

Hasbro's gotta drop the lame already and set the bar a LITTLE higher, and leave it there.  The price increase was tough to choke down alone, tacking on a quality drop as I see it didn't help the situation at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 03:11 PM »
An updated list...

Best:
-General Veers. Great sculpt, mounds of accesories, and more Imperials are always good.
-Lushros Dofine. I'm a sucker for Neimoidians, and this one has a fantastic sculpt, tons of accesories, and it's an army builder!
-Power Droid. I love more obscure droids, and I love 2-packs.
-Foul Moudama. Nice to see EU figures in the lineup, and a cool alien one to boot.

Worst:
-Bib Fortuna. A little boring, and a little short on accesories. Would packing in Wol Cabasahite hurt?
-Availability/Case Assortments. Finding TSC figures in stores is usually hit-or-miss, and the case assortments have not been too great either. Why did they have to pack Vader in EVERY. SINGLE. CASE. ASSORTMENT. IN. THE. ENTIRE. TSC. LINE????!!!!!!??? Even the kids are probably sick of him! They should pack "hot" figures like Scorch, Cody, and the Utapau Clone AT LEAST 2x per case.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 09:41 PM »
I'm an avid fan of the U troop.

as far as worst, I'd say...Derlin, just because he is a moron that wastes peg space when the stores COULD be putting out more U troops. >:(
Yo is what yo is.