Author Topic: Christmas and ROTS  (Read 9617 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas and ROTS
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 11:47 AM »
It is here. The Nemodians at one Target are down from 24 to 6 . . . .

Shelves are worse here then ever.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Our local Wal-Mart has apparently restocked, with some figures other than Neimodian Warriors and Mas Ameddas, which they've had for quite some time.  I saw a few wookiees, Vaders, and a variety of clones...and it was nice to see that those are there for parents that are shopping for their kids.  I know I've seen a number of frustrated parents over the past few weeks, not being able to find anything "cool" for their kids.  That might be a reason that the Force Battlers seem to be flying off the pegs pretty good here now too, lack of basic figure product.  Target is pretty slim.  They've got most of their pegs crammed with clearanced cases and Lava figures, and then 6-8 pegs of basic figures, with about 10 or so Polis Massans and 1 Tarkin.  I've been seeing quite a few 500th Vaders lately again too.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 02:36 PM »
All shelves are totally cleaned out except for Darth Vader, Aayla, Plo, and Mas Amedda (en masse).
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I have not found anything since the CW three packs.  It's probably been three weeks since I found anything of substance in the 3 3/4 figure line.

Somebody (parents and grandparents?) are buying SW this year.....

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 02:23 AM »
A friend told me this theory and it makes sense to me kinda of. His theory is the reason many parts of the country is not receiving any further product right now is because Hasbro did not plan for the success they have! In other words, by now the ROTS line has stopped being produced as they switch to the Saga production, and scale back somewhat. Thus, were done! The line is over with! Kapoosh! Thoughts on that theory?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Makes sense - TSC should be in stores any day now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Seems a reasonable theory.  I had the (mis)fortune of being in Florida last week and it was barren, though the usual suspects were still warming the pegs.  

Up north where we bypassed the last 12 figures of ROTS, we've already seen the first batch of Saga come and go.  There's still ROTS figures to be had locally, but it's only Bail/Mon/Padme/Aayla hanging about.  

The general conclusion I'd agree with - sales have been better than expected.  I'm simply amazed at the number of lightsabers that have been sold as well.  It's been stunning.  I was at a TRU one evening as they were restocking and people were grabbing them almost as fast as the poor woman could put them out.  

Vader banks and voice changers have sold well, though not spectacularly so.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 03:45 PM »
One WM is nearly barren -- while the other has tons of Twins and not much else.  Two weeks ago they had a center aisle display chock full of Gree's, clones, twins, Tarkins, etc.  TRU is just pitiful -- about a dozen Neimoidians -- though they did just put out Sith, Clone and Anakin evolution sets.  They also had two huge bins of lightsabers.  Target has most of their stuff on clearance.  Saw for the first time today a set of about 6-8 (I think) Pez dispensers in a collector's set -- hadn't seen that around anywhere before.  The 500th Vaders seem to be everywhere again.  Funny -- I have yet to see a Padme anywhere all year ???
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 03:47 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 09:29 AM »
I've been in several stores over the past few days (Targets, Wal*Marts, Toys'R'Us's, etc.) and one thing that has baffled me is that there is not a single carded figure to be found anywhere. And I don't mean the pegs were just empty - at most of the places I went, there weren't even any pegs. There were other SW items in the section - lightsabers, unleashed, galactic heroes - but no figures. Outside of 1 Target that had about a dozen Mon Mothma's on two pegs. That was it.

>:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 10:58 AM »
I've got 1 WM that has 35+ figs as of last nite, also have one that has 20+(although not much of a variety, mostly frogs). The other 2 WM's- one has NO figs the other had 5 :o

Both my Targets=empty
TRU has 7 frogs ::)
Kmart has tons of older figs- no wants to pay their prices-geez no wonder they struggle so.

Interestingly I HAVE seen alot of sabers selling(you can tell it's a movie year)

Come onnnn SAGA!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 12:57 PM »
My Super Target is down to three pegs allocated to SW.  I wonder if the peg count will increase with the new planogram set?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 06:27 PM »
I've managed to stay far away from a Walmart, Target, or Toys R Us for a good two weeks. It's been pretty relaxing. :P

I have missed out on a few figures though, so there definately is a trade off. It's far too busy for me to even think about walking into those stores...I'm much more in tune with the guys that stay up all night to get to Walmart at 7am, but classes start up at 7, so I'm missing out altogether.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Going out the day after christmas, most of my Targets were devoid of any 3 3/4" SW product. I did pick up a Plo Koon fighter on clearance, but it was the last one. WM was pretty barron as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 12:38 PM »
I stopped by a Wal Mart yesterday, and the only basic figs they had were Mon Mothma and Luminara. They seriously downsized the SW section as well, it's about a 3rd of what it was a few weeks ago. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Surprisingly, two Walmarts in my area restocked big time on Thursday - totally packed pegs, with a great selection of figures including Tactical Ops Clones.  Went back by one of them yesterday and just a lone #41 Clone was left.  They must have sold over 100 figures in a 2 day period.

:P