Author Topic: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!  (Read 85988 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones speculation
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Using the 30 figure estimate, I think your break-down looks pretty good/accurate Brent.  I'm not sure what kind of legs this line will have, it will be interesting to see.  I'm really excited for this line, and have been hoping for this for some time, but part of me hopes it doesn't get too crazy.  For me, its so difficult to just keep up with the Hasbro Star Wars stuff alone, so I don't necessarily need another line that has a ton of stuff every year.  Not that we don't want to see it though.  I would think this line would have more of a collector base even than Star Wars, and I can't necessarily see a whole lot of kid interest beyond right around the movie release.  Who knows though.  I don't know, aside from "random soldier guy" how long this line could continue on each year (beyond the first year+ at least).  Anyways, aside from that, I am really looking forward to it.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I think that Hasbro knows that there is a high interest by collectors, but will only take the chance in a movie year, so we'll get hit with 30 or so figs next year, and not much beyond that.  Maybe a few vehicles and possibly some Deluxe figures. ( I just hope we don't get 15 figures from the new film, and 15 from the original 3...)

But after 12-18 months, I think it will be tapped.  I'm very glad that it's happening, but I think that a collection with and end in site would be enjoyable.

However, if these go over prettty well, I could see some EE types coming in and making some exclusives the folowing year.

Oh, and his name was Short Round..as in the ROUND of ammunition was SHORT (missing shots)...The name comes from a an old Sam Fuller film called Steel Helmet.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:49 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2007, 10:50 PM »
if these go over prettty well, I could see some EE types coming in and making some exclusives the folowing year.

I'm pretty sure you can already start expecting a number of exclusives starting right away for Target, TRU, & Wal-Mart to go along with the movie release.    Hasbro made it happen for TFers, Spiderman3 , RotS, etc.  I have no doubts that it will happen for IJ4 too...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 08:45 AM »
So 30 figures: (based on my wish list)

ROTLA

1. Indy w/ gun, pouch, whip, and Gold Idle
2. Indy in German uniform
3. Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion
4. Belloq in Ceremonial Gown
5. German Mechanic w/ wrench
6. Sallah w/ torch
7. Toht
8. Cairo Swordsman w/ sword
9. Belloq w/ map

TOD

10. Indy w/ Knife no jacket
11. Willie Scott in gold/red dress w/ diamond & antedote
12. Mola Rom w/ removable head gear
13. Short Round w/ removable cap
14. Giant Thugee

TLC

15. Indy w/ removable hat & grail
16. Henry Jones w/ removable hat & grail diary
17. Young Indiana w/ cross and dog
18. German soldier w/ gun
19. German General w/ baton
20. Dr. Shnieder w/ false grail
21. Knight w/ armor & sword
22. Casim

That leaves 8 figures for the new movie.

There are a few others i would like: Lao, Indy in Tux, Marcus, Donalvan with grail tablet. I am sure there are more but i am drawing a blank right now.

If they do playsets and a riders assortment that gives a little more room.

Beast assortment:
1. Sallah w/ red hat with Camel
2. Indy w/ white horse
3. Henry w/ bandana with brown horse
4. Battle pack with Indy, Willie, Short Round, and Elephant

Playsets:
28. Well of Souls w/ snakes, ark, & Cermonial Indy
29. Streets of Cairo w/ Arab Spy & monkey
30. Underground Venice tomb w/ coffins, skeletons, second marking(shield), & rats
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 09:37 AM »
But after 12-18 months, I think it will be tapped.  I'm very glad that it's happening, but I think that a collection with and end in site would be enjoyable.

I have to agree with that.  I'm really excited for this line, but I'd be just fine if it was limited to a year or so worth of product - especially if the figures are very well done (along the lines of VTSC or this year's TAC figures).  Like I've said before, I used to just hope for some sort of SWShop exclusive "ultimate" Indy as an offshoot of the Star Wars line, so the fact that we're getting our own Indy line is just gravy to me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2007, 11:56 AM »
I like your list Dan, I just think they're going to weight it more heavily towards the new movie than 8 figures.  Not sure how many will be in a "wave" but I'd guess 5-6 and probably at least two waves based on the new movie.  I've not been reading much about the spoilers, so not entirely sure who all is a potential figure.

I also agree with the assessment that this line probably won't have great legs.  Probably the 12-24 month time frame before we start seeing some dwindling and we're all struggling to get the last five figures which only came out in Saskatoon and Denver.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2007, 05:27 PM »
So 30 figures: (based on my wish list)

ROTLA

1. Indy w/ gun, pouch, whip, and Gold Idle
2. Indy in German uniform
3. Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion
4. Belloq in Ceremonial Gown
5. German Mechanic w/ wrench
6. Sallah w/ torch
7. Toht
8. Cairo Swordsman w/ sword
9. Belloq w/ map

We already know what seven of the figures are, and they're all from Raiders:

1. Indy Jacket SA
2. Indy Shirt Whipping Action
3. Marion Cairo
4. Belloq Ceremony
5. Cairo Swordsman
6. Sallah Robes
7. Monkey Man

For Temple of Doom, I pretty much agree with the five you guys have picked:

Indy Shirt (with one sleeve missing) and sword
Mola Ram
Willie Scott (not sure which outfit - Nightclub dress is probably the most interesting visually, but would stink as an action figure)
Giant Thuggee
Short Round (maybe with the Maharaja packed in for better value)

Last Crusade's a bit tougher:

Junior
Senior
Elsa

That's fifteen already, and you gotta figure that the new movie will get at least around ten or so.  Going off that, here's five more from the trilogy that I think we might see:

Marcus Brody
Toht
Bald Mechanic
River Phoenix
Grail Knight
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2007, 06:21 PM »
As for the Raiders lineup, besides the 7 shown, they need to at the very least get us Indy in German outfit, Toht, regular duds Belloq, German Mechanic (bald dude) and the German Commander (dont know his name... the third guy standing at the ceremony altar when the Ark is opened, who then melts!)
I think the 5 you mentioned from the Temple of Doom are guarantees!  However, I was thinking Short Round and Willie would be packed together.  Also, maybe a standard thugee guard as well.  That would about wrap up TOD, except if they were really nice and gave us the tux indy with nuerhache urn and Lao che with diamond!
As for Last Crusade,  I think we can count on Henry Sr.  I believe he was mentioned in one of the past hasbro Q&A's with other figures and they said all figures mentioned including Henry Sr were strong candidates and would likely be included.  I would guess LC containing:
Henry Sr.
Young Indy with cross
Donovan with false grail
German General (not sure what his name is, the one indy fought on the tank)
Generic German soldier
Grail Knight

Hopefully they will give us Brody, Elsa, Indy with tie and Casim before the line ends!  So that is a total of 29 figures covering the three classic films. So add that to an estimated 15 figures for the new movie (max!) and that would bring the total line count to 44...
I dont think that is much considering we are getting 30 alone in 2008.  I would be ok with the line ending as long as we got the characters mentioned above.

BRING ON THE INDY LINE!!!!!  ;D

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Here's what I see:
Raiders-
The already Known 7

Temple-
Indy w/ Sword, No Jacket
Short Round
Willie (Club Obi-Wan Dress)
Mola Ram
Thugee
Lao Che

Crusade-
Indy w/ Grail
Henry Jones Sr.
Elsa (German Outfit)
Donovan
Brody
Indy Nazi Disguise
Knight

Playsets:
Marion's Bar w/ Toht & Marion
Ark Revealing w/ Nazi Trooper & Nazi Disguise Indy

Beasts:
Arabian Horse w/ Indy
Camel w/ Sallah (Hat)
Elephant w/ Willie

Vehicles:
Tank w/ Nazi Soldier & Nazi General (The main one)
Motorcycle Pack (2-Seat & 1 Seat) w/ Nazi soldier
Ark Truck w/ Nazi Driver

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2007, 09:11 AM »
I remember as a kid always wanting an Indiana Jones action figure (Endor Han was my sub), but I have to admit I wasn't real familiar with the toy line until later on.  I've thought about picking some up several times, but never pulled the trigger - and now things look ridiculously expensive.  Seeing Jeff's playset pics above, I really hope we see some of those for the line next year - heck, even if they use the same molds it would be pretty cool.  It looks/sounds like it was a nice line overall though - I would have loved that as a kid, but I don't remember ever seeing it really around here.  Of course, our shopping options were somewhat limited I guess.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Seeing Jeff's playset pics above, I really hope we see some of those for the line next year - heck, even if they use the same molds it would be pretty cool.

Doesn't sound like any of the old stuff is available:

. . .IF so, let me attempt to be the first by asking whether or not the "vintage" playsets will get an update (Well of the Souls, Streets of Cairo, Map Room) as well as vehicles (German army truck w/ Ark crate). The flying wing with shredible German Mechanic would also be a cool new addition.

Finally, IF the playsets and vehicles get an update, will they utilize the molds from the vintage toys like many of the current Star Wars vehicles or would they be all new sculpts?
(YF, 08/17/07)

. . .The answer to playsets is about the same as you might expect from Star Wars - It's a been a struggle so we are adopting a wait and see attitude on them and seeing where our figure/vehicle demand nets out first before going too far in the playset direction. The cargo truck is a definite probability for 3-3/4", but the wing is tough because it really is a big one. One thing that is known is that NONE of the original Indy tools exist anymore, so we will not be going back to the vintage tools.

I'm curious what they're gonna do about the Ark (assuming they're doing one, of course).

It could be released as an accessory with another figure, but it's big enough that it could probably be released by itself, on it's own card (that may be a little out there for Hasbro, though).  Sounds like the truck may be on the way--perhaps the Ark crate could be packed in along with that?  Could be a good way to get people to buy an otherwise fairly-boring vehicle.  And there's always the possibility that they could do a new Well of Souls, and they'd have to include the Ark with that.

Guess we'll just have to wait until Toy Fair to find out, unless there's a big leak beforehand (which would be nice).
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
wav1
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2007, 06:36 PM »
It looks like Hasbro's going with the "each figure includes an artifact" approach (if the initial ROTLA figures are any indication), so the Ark itself might be a good opportunity for Hasbro to do the oft-requested "build a figure" concept in the Indy line.  Pack in the bottom with one figure, a slab of "sand" with another, the lid with another, the poles with two others, and there you go.

I have to admit, though, that I'd rather it be a mailaway piece that would come in an outer box with an inner "wood crate."  Top men would be sending that out of course. :)

As for my wishlist, as long as I get an SA Indy, Henry Senior, Sallah, Marcus Brody, and Mola Ram, I'll be happy.  I'll probably buy the rest of the figures, too, but those are my top 5 I really want.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
IJ speculation
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2007, 05:55 PM »
It looks like Hasbro's going with the "each figure includes an artifact" approach (if the initial ROTLA figures are any indication), so the Ark itself might be a good opportunity for Hasbro to do the oft-requested "build a figure" concept in the Indy line.  Pack in the bottom with one figure, a slab of "sand" with another, the lid with another, the poles with two others, and there you go.

Weren't the build-a-figures, when complete, like huge, though?  The Ark is small enough to be released on it's own, or as an accessory with another figure.  If Hasbro can include the moisture vaporator/Kybuck/torture rack/etc. with a basic figure, surely they could do the Ark that way, too, if they wanted.

If the Ark on a single card seems like kind of a strange idea, they could do what they're doing with it in the Adventure Heroes line:

An Ark, with a translucent Angel of Death that plugs into the base?  That would be something.

And, to use some Hasbro-speak, the Ark isn't as compelling if it's all broken-up into different pieces like that.

Interesting idea, though.

So i dug out all my Indy stuff and was very surprised with what i found. Closer to a complete collection than i thought.

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
IJ speculation
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2007, 03:31 PM »

Translucent spirits of death in the regular line would be simply awesome.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
IJ speculation
« Reply #89 on: November 9, 2007, 06:33 PM »
From today's Q&A:

3. You mentioned in a previous Q&A session that there will be 30 figures in the Indy line next year. Are Indy figures in 2009 a certainty or is it more of a "wait and see" type of thing and see how 2008 goes first? We're just curious if this is going to be a toy line with legs under it like Star Wars has been, or if it will be much more subdued in character choices/variety.

**We are actively planning and producing for a multi-year run. IJ is something we are committed to and hopefully fans are excited about it as we are.

It sounds like Hasbro is wanting to do everything possible to milk this thing for a few years.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2007, 06:34 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender