Author Topic: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!  (Read 85986 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
IJ speculation
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2007, 03:46 PM »
I have a feeling that'll be it for Raiders next year.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
IJ speculation
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2007, 06:34 PM »
Ok knowing the big H like we do...or at least studying recent history with them...

If they have 30 figures planned next year (and want it to run Multi-year)....that means they are going to hold back some "Holy Grail" pardon the pun type figures so that collectors/kids will stay invested in the line for longer than first year's 30 figures...

But we also know they like major characters in every wave...since there is only 1 major character...how many versions of Indy can there be?

Then again, with the movie coming out next year...how many of next years 30 are going to be Movie year figs?  I'd wager 22....since we've seen the 8 Raiders figs..

I'm just so giddy I can't think straight....

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
IJ speculation
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52 PM »
How many Indianas?...Let's Take a guess.

1. Traditional Jacket Look. (Done)

2. Without Jacket, Open Shirt (Done)

3. Very Beat Up, Sleeve Ripped Off-Temple of Doom

4. Tuxedo-Temple Of Doom

5. Traditional Jacket Look with Tie-Last Crusade

6. Nazi Uniform-Raiders

7. Map Room -Raiders

8. University Dress Clothes Raiders/Last Crusade

9. Boy Scout Indey-Last Crusade

10. Venice Street Clothes -Last Crusade

The Big Question is if they'll get into Young Indy...

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
IJ speculation
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2007, 09:38 PM »
That is a really good question...How could the Indy Hats NOT be removable?

So they can re-release it again in 2009, as an artificial way of extending the line?  "Now with removable hat!"

And wasn't one of these Indy's suppossed to have an...ugh I hate to say it..ACTION FEATURE?

The non-jacket (Streets of Cairo) figure is said to have a whipping action-feature.

The wife and daugther are going out of town next weekend to visit the in-laws...I am going to catalog every different possiblity for Indy figs (wardrobe wise)...YES I have no life.  Bringing it up will only be rubbing it in or "Score boarding"...

Believe it or not, I actually started a list like this several months ago, but, halfway into Temple of Doom, I started hating myself for it and gave up.  I did save it, though.  Here's what I got:

I mentioned earlier that there's not really very many costume changes for the main characters in the Indy series, but when I was going through those screencaps yesterday, I noticed how many different outfits (or variations) Indy appears in.

Raiders:

"Typical Indy" - Hat, jacket, shirt, pants, etc.
"Dr. Jones" - Three-piece suit, spectacles
"Indy After Dark" - Robe, wife-beater
"Traveling Abroad Indy" - Suit and tie (and hat)
"Hangin' with Sallah Indy" - Shirt (buttoned halfway up, sleeves rolled up), pants, no hat
"Goin' Shopping Indy" - Same as above, but with hat, bag, and whip
"Date-Eatin' Indy" - Jacket, shirt, pants, no hat, no bag, sometimes spectacles.  Variation, maybe?
"Visiting the Map Room Indy" - Indy in Arab disguise
"Well of Souls Indy" - same as Typical Indy, but with gloves!
"Honey, It's Not the Years, It's the Mileage Indy" - Barechested Indy, with bandage wrap and removable hat
"Stolen Nazi Uniform Too Small Indy" - Self-explanatory, but also with wet hair action feature
"Stolen Nazi Uniform Just Right Indy" - Also self-explanatory, but with removable hat and bazooka!
"Tied Up to Light Pole with Marion to Watch Belloq Discover the Secrets of the Ark Indy" - Indy, still in Nazi Uniform, but without suspenders and utility belt.  Perhaps those could be removable from Stolen Nazi Uniform Just Right Indy.
"Meeting with Porkins Indy" - Indy in suit and tie, with hat.  May or may not be different from Travelin' Abroad Indy.

Temple of Doom:

"Way Cooler Than James Bond Ever Was Indy" - Indy in white tuxedo jacket, with black pants and vest
"Dinner with the Maharaja Indy" - Indy in (tweed?) jacket, bowtie, and spectacles
"No Time for Love, Dr. Jones Indy" - Indy in shirt and pants (very similar to Hangin' with Sallah Indy)
"Under the Trance of Kali Mal Indy" - Barechested Indy, with forehead markings and removable weird strap/bag thing

So, yeah.  For a character who has such a well-known, iconic look to him, there sure are a lot of minor variations and other outfits he wore.  Hasbro could keep this line going for several years, just on Indy variations alone.

I'm just so giddy I can't think straight....

Are you as giddy as a schoolboy?

:-\
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
IJ speculation
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2007, 01:06 AM »
No...

"as a little girrrrrllll"

I like the lists...  I was doing one, sort of, for every possible figure in general I could think of, and quickly quit that as well.  One, I'd want them no matter how obscure, and two, it was making my head hurt differentiating the thuggee's, the Germans (blonde truck driver, original truck driver, goggles down gunner, small mechanic, large mechanic, etc.).

I was thinking the German Soldier looked like his hat's removable...  I thought the "Ultimate" basic Indy was to have a removable hat too, by something Hasbro said at SDCC, but I probably am wrong.

I'm really pumped at the thought of vehicles more than anything...  A BMW bike in desert tan and grey would be simply awesome.  The German staff cars from Raiders, and the truck, would be ideal for us 1:18 army guys...  The flying wing, while I believe a completely made up design, would also be very cool I think.  And I too would dig the boat guy (grail protector in Fez) with the boat...  Very cool.  I'm already foreseeing "French Resistance" customs made out of these Indy figures in my other social circle of nerds. :)

Cool stuff.

And Paul, maybe I'll make little cloth leggings for my Germans?  They do have the right pouches you pointed out, and that's a step ahead of even 21st's DAK (though, to be fair, their DAK with the MG does have a clip bag, just nowhere to put it).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2007, 06:24 PM »
From CTR:

For 2008, fans of Indiana Jones can expect Hasbro to have their backs. At the current time, we can tell you that they have broken down virtually on the product lines in this franchise into two waves. The first waves will, where applicable, focus on the debut film Raiders Of The Lost Ark and the second waves will be based on the characters from the upcoming film, The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. After that time we’ll see products based on the other Indy stories as well.

Expect to see the first two waves of the following in February at Toy Fair:

3 3/4” Basic Figure Assortment
Series 1: ROTLA
Series 2: TKOTCS

3 ¾” Deluxe Figure Assortment

3 ¾” Vehicle Assortment

Adventure Set

Adventure Heroes Assortment

12” Action figure Assortment

Titanium Series

Beyond that, collectors can expect to see Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs, Die Cast Playsets, and of course, no modern day Hasbro collection is complete without our starchy friend, Taders Of The Lost Ark.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs I think we can do without.

Taders Of The Lost Ark...  :D

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Figures - 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2007, 09:21 PM »
From "COOL TOY REVIEW---HASBRO 411"

For 2008, fans of Indiana Jones can expect Hasbro to have their backs. At the current time, we can tell you that they have broken down virtually on the product lines in this franchise into two waves. The first waves will, where applicable, focus on the debut film Raiders Of The Lost Ark and the second waves will be based on the characters from the upcoming film, The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. After that time we’ll see products based on the other Indy stories as well.

3 ¾” Vehicle Assortment

Adventure Set

Titanium Series

Beyond that, collectors can expect to see Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs, Die Cast Playsets, and of course, no modern day Hasbro collection is complete without our starchy friend, Taders Of The Lost Ark.

---Die Cast Playsets?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:22 PM by speedermike »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Figures - 2008 Wave 1
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2007, 10:33 PM »
From "COOL TOY REVIEW---HASBRO 411"

3 ¾” Vehicle Assortment

Adventure Set

Titanium Series

---Die Cast Playsets?

Thanks for the update.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Maybe they're holding TOD & LC for 2009.  :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Maybe they're holding TOD & LC for 2009.  :-\

Yeah that makes me sad as well. I actually would hae preferred if they waited to do Raiders and start with Temple or Last Crusade.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2007, 08:07 PM »
I think that TOD and Crusade will hit in the fall.  I think that Hasbro wants to hit hard and fast with this collection.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2007, 11:07 AM »
They said it will go on for a couple years... Might as well wait for TOD & LC until 2009. So there's actually stuff to buy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: IJ speculation
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2007, 05:21 PM »
From today's Hasbro Q&A:

3. OK, Indy toys. What are we looking at for the launch? Are we talking a "street date" with a big push, including store exclusives (similar to the last few movie lines you’ve done)? If so, any idea what that date will be so we can mark it on our calendars to be sure we have the day off work?

**There will be a tight on-shelf date for the IJ product line, which will be a few weeks before the movie (the theaterical date is 5/22). We can confirm that there will *not* be any store exclusives at the movie launch for IJ... we are focusing on the mainline assortments. The complete lineup will be announced (along with the on-shelf date) at Toy Fair.

So, no worrying about running around to all the different stores having to track down store exclusives for IJ... at least not at the launch anyway.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2007, 03:23 PM »
While I doubt that there will be any Midnight-Madness type event, it would be nice to know exactly when these things hit.  Hopefully they'll be wise and make it a Saturday. I just hope that it's not like when new collections (30th AC, for example)  show up, and they sort of hit here and there.  I would really enjoy buying 10-20 figs in one shot!