Author Topic: Target "Skirmish At The Senate" Battlepack  (Read 47548 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Skirmish At The Senate" Battlepack
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Love the ET in the pics, Ook!  That actually looks really cool aside from the force lightning graphics.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Man, I had 3 of those E.Ts and I traded off all but 1. I could've had a whole delagation pod.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Yeah, the in-package appeal is good on this.  Don't have one yet, but it's worth adding methinks.

:)
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Ilove these things; I'm hooked. I think I'll get 2 more. I wouldn't mind a whole display wall with pods and senators from various planets. A larger retool for the chancellor and his aids would be bitchin', too. 8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2006, 02:02 AM »
I'd like to see more too, and have wanted to since first seeing EPI for the midnight showing back in 1999.  I guess it took an action scene in the Senate to finally get something like this made at all...

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2006, 11:02 AM »
The pod and the Shocks rock this Battlepack, really nice. But why Hasbro! Why! Why do you condem me to buy repack after repack of figures I've already bought! Do I need and army of Yodas (well that might be cool) and Palpatines?!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2006, 12:23 PM »
I know, I don't need more that Yoda either... but at least the Palpatine is good custom fodder.   ;)

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Yoda can be a Jawa with some Epoxy putty. Chewie's right, Palps is fodder. The pod is fine. The clones are great. Brilliant!

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2006, 09:29 PM »
The pod and the Shocks rock this Battlepack, really nice. But why Hasbro! Why! Why do you condem me to buy repack after repack of figures I've already bought! Do I need and army of Yodas (well that might be cool) and Palpatines?!

Well, I never bought a Palpatine figure until I bought this battle pack and getting rid of extra Yoda figures isn't a problem when you have three sons. ;)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2006, 05:33 AM »
Ilove these things; I'm hooked. I think I'll get 2 more. I wouldn't mind a whole display wall with pods and senators from various planets. A larger retool for the chancellor and his aids would be bitchin', too. 8)

Got 2 more today. Man, I would love to have a senate rotunda display with species from all over the galaxy represented! :D It's just too bad they barely fit 2 of most figures. With the Wookiees' big ol' feet, you can forget squeezing in Yarua and say a Wookiee guard. Can't even get Mas Amedda in with Palpatine. They're pretty neat, though. And I love the #41 shock troopers. ;D

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I got 2 yesterday. The SA Shocktroopers are fantastic, though it seems like the paint bands on the arms are sloppy.

Definitely going to be ditching the senate pods , Yodas, and Palpatines.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2006, 03:05 PM »
I got this set today, and I love it. The best part has to be the Senate pods. They can kind of double as Clone patrol craft, since they have two seats and room for two guys standing. The Yoda and Palpatine are meh. But it does give me an extra set so I can re-enact the Senate dule and have my Basic versions of them in neutral poses on my shelf. The shock troopers are just fantastic.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2006, 10:08 PM »
I picked one up today, and I am pretty impressed. Considering single figures are costing us $7.00 each, 4 for 20.00 (2 of which are great clones) plus a senate pod is a great value. That's not something we get to say a lot this year (cough SWSHOP $15.00 basic figs cough).

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2006, 01:43 AM »
So, I took the prongs off one of those small doll stands and propped a pod on it with Saga Chancellor Palpatine in it, floating above the other senate characters on my shelf. Now I'm tryng to decide what I could use to attach a couple to the rails my shelves are attached to.

Any ideas?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I was able to get a few sets of these... wow!  Very nice job Hasbro.  Although I don't like the Palpatine/Yoda repacks this is a good value for $20.00 I think.