Author Topic: Target "Skirmish At The Senate" Battlepack  (Read 47545 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target "Skirmish At The Senate" Battlepack
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2005, 01:15 AM »
I'm looking forward to the set just for the shocktroopers really since those were ones we didn't get in any abundance.  A local fellow is going to maybe be buying multiple sets for the pods alone really so he's talking about selling shocks to help eat up some of the cost of the sets he wants.  I'm all for that if they're #41's.  Gladly build an army of those up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 04:23 AM »
This really sucks, because I said I wasn't going to have anything to do with this if it didn't include a new Senate Duel Palpy.  But it does have the Senate Pod, which I've wanted like everyone since '99... and two Shocktroopers... ugh...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Now that I look at the picture again, I've decided that this is too good to be true, and therefore the final product will, in fact, include two AT-TE Gunner molds with the helmets glued down.

I'm not listening, LA, LA, LA, LA........
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 09:10 PM »
This really sucks, because I said I wasn't going to have anything to do with this if it didn't include a new Senate Duel Palpy.  But it does have the Senate Pod, which I've wanted like everyone since '99... and two Shocktroopers... ugh...

Come on Spuffy - once you see it, it will be well worth shelling out 20 bucks for a set.  Maybe a few sets.   ;)

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Yeah...  :)

I'll definitely get one, since I'm going to make my own Emperor custom with a Bust Up (provided I can find one -- anyone want to help?).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Ah, I was able to purchase a couple from Red5sixx on ebay - I can see if he has any more.   I'm not too fond of the ROTS version of him... but it's not bad.  You might want to fill in the "hole" under hit right hand (the action feature) with sculpy. 

Here's the one that I made with the Bust Up hood and head, but want to try another version.  If you want to open a thread in the customizing section, I'd love to start chatting customs with you.   ;)

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2005, 04:20 AM »
That looks really cool.  Hopefully I can get a Bust Up and do some operating on my own version.   :)

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how are you guys determining the Shocks to be the SA version? I can't make out the difference between the two molds with that photo they provided. It would be nice if they were but I'm not keeping my hopes up about that one.

A few pages back, I blew up the photo...

Take a looky at this blow-up...

In the blow-up pic, you can see what looks like the "nubs" of the antenna above the Shocktroopers heads.  Also, on the #6 the belt is sculpted on, but on the #41 sculpt, the belt is a separate piece - you can see in the picture that these clones have the larger separate piece belt indicating they may be #41.

Granted, things can change (insert Hasbro disclaimer here) but for now, the signs all point to #41 Clones...

I'm sorry, but I really don't think these are SA Shocks. I think what you think are nubs are just highlights from the background. Also if you look at the Shock on the left, look at his waist, there is no noticeable separation or shadow were the SA waist articulation would be. Take a look at any SA trooper loose or MOC, you can definitely tell it's SA because of the waist articulation separation from the torso. The waist of the Shocks pictured don't look articulated at all. They actually look fused like the #6 Clone Trooper.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 02:18 PM by Kill_Solo »

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2005, 12:35 AM »
If it's the #6 shocktrooper then this set should prove to be a little easier to find... ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2005, 01:17 AM »
I dunno, #6 Shocks weren't easy to find on basic cards around here...  However I've blown the photo up and the nubs definitely aren't a packaging distortion, however I can't say what they are...  They look like the antenna's to me but even if it is the #41 it doesn't mean that's what we'll wind up getting either so it's neither here nor there at this point.

I don't think it's always easy to tell an articulation point either by photographs.  For my money, I can see a vague line/difference at the torso but nothing significant to conclusively prove to me it's either sculpt.  The SA Clone's torso joint is fairly "tight" on the figure though and I don't notice the separation of the pieces on any figure really unless the picture is just at the right angle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2005, 12:22 PM »
I'm going to have to dissagree Kill_Solo. I can definately see the antenea and the shoulder joints are a dead give away that these are not the #6 clone. The fact that the paint on the left shoulder plate doesn't cover the plate all the way shows that it is not the swappable plate.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2005, 10:13 PM »
YES the Shocks will be the SA mold!!!  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2005, 10:44 PM »
or at least we can hope...  Keep in mind the Tact. Ops debacle.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2005, 10:59 AM »
or at least we can hope...  Keep in mind the Tact. Ops debacle.

Always, but I tend to give Hasbro the benifit of the doubt that that was just a one time error. Then again, we were shown a different carded Sandtrooper sample. :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2005, 12:43 PM »
We were also shown a wrong sample on the Gray Clone Evo set... Hasbro showed the AOTC Clone with an AT-TE Gunner body, so who knows what we'll end up getting.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks