Author Topic: 2005 Gentle Giant Holiday gift..........  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
2005 Gentle Giant Holiday gift..........
« on: December 16, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Ah man! Another Gentle Giant Christmas gift......only 200 made.

This was posted by GalacticHunter.com HERE

Being a new sculpt I'll bet this might even go higher than the Silver?Gold Sandtrooper

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Gentle Giant Holiday gift..........
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 10:50 AM »
My guess is that we'll probably see some form of this bust made available to the public (minus the Santa hat, lights and present of course). I've gotta admit though, I'm liking it. Wouldn't spend the money it'll take to get the holiday one though :-\. Let's see how long it take to hit ebay...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 10:40 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 11:09 PM »
I'm ******* sick of GG doing crap like this. I got over the Silver Sandtrooper last year, since I had the chance to get a regular Sandtrooper, but to make an entirely new product of a character not seen before is really ****** up on their part.

Just goes to show that the people who buy all their crap (like me) don't mean **** to them apparently.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 04:25 AM »
Kinda cool looking, but of course as everyone stated last year, GG runs the risk of losing some of their "completist" bust collectors with stuff like this.  Like Dave said, folks sort of got over the Sandtrooper since it was a repaint, but this one's all-new (so far), so this could get kinda dicey for GG's fans not being able to get their hands on this one.  I'm sure GG will come back with their usual retort of "this bust isn't available to the public, so need to worry about not getting one and not having a complete collection", since this one just doesn't count because we said so.  Yeah, OK.  ::)

But Ray might be onto something there, and if GG's smart, they'll get this thing back out in some type of regular release sans Holiday swag.  We'll see...

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:42 AM »
I woul dbe very suprised if after putting all the work that is required to make a bust (sculpting, prototype developing, tooling and running the machines) that they would only do all that for 200 busts from which they are not making any money.

If I was a betting man, I would say that we will see a Salicious Crumb "mini-bust" (what else can we call it?) in 2006

Remember, Gentle Giant has not annoucned all of the busts we are going to see in 2006...only a few of them so far.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 11:47 AM »
I'm also thinking that we will evenutally see him in 2006 minus the Christmas decor on it.  I wonder if it would be a regular release or con exculsive release.   Hopefully they don't do this every year through since alot of people will be getting upset.  (If anyone is quitting collecting the bust because of this and selling your collections I'm interested in some of your stuff) ;)