Author Topic: Tusken Raider army building  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Tusken Raider army building
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:43 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, but since the Tuskens had their biggest role in AOTC it seemed to fit here.

I've been accumulating Tuskens for several years, first to recreate the hordes in the 1999 Outlander comic and then for the AOTC sequences.

So far I have:

2x POTF2 Tusken
1x POTF2 Tusken figure from the Deluxe Bantha (sans bantha unfortunately)
1x POTJ Tusken Sniper
4x Saga Female with Child
2x Saga Tusken with Massiff on chain leash
1x Saga Camp Ambush (though I'd buy more if I could find them)
3x OTC Tusken Raider

Also:

1x Galactic Heroes Tusken, who could sort of fit with the 3 3/4" as a dwarf or a child or something if you squint.

I also have one Action Fleet Tusken (from the Bantha Battle Pack) and maybe one Micro Machines Tusken from some other set. But I haven't brought out my MM/AF stuff in ages, so I'm not entirely sure anymore.

Basically I've got at least one each of all the readily available ones in the modern 3 3/4" line. I still don't have the bantha, but nowadays it's too expensive anyway (like $60-70). The only reason I have the rider is that I found it loose at CIII.

I'm hoping they come out with more Tusken figures in the future. Possibilities:

--SA version in hypothetical VOTC 2006 (count me in for a half-dozen or so!)
--a Troops Builder set of 3 or 4 Tuskens with different weapons and robe colors.
--EU figures of Sharad Hett and A'Sharad Hett (from the comics).
--Hell, how about a Battle Pack with a hut, campfire, a couple of raiders, and Anakin?

If they repack any of the Tuskens again it should be the 2003 Saga Camp Ambush, because the POTJ has already been rehashed twice. They could change the robe coloring to another shade, or give him a slightly different weapon, just for variety. Much like the variant colors, armor/clothes, and weapons with the ROTS Wookiees.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:54 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Tusken Raider army building
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 04:56 AM »
I'd like to have a couple more of the Camp Ambush Tuskens. I'd also like to buy a Bantha, but it's not important.

I have enough of the other Tusken figures. I have POTF2 Tuskens, one Tusken female, one Sniper, one Camp Ambush, and one w/ Massiff. Never did find the OTC version, but I'm sure I would have left it carded since I'm not overly fond of the sniper sculpt.

Hey, Hasbro, how about a rereleased Bantha, since rehashing is all the rage these days?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 02:17 PM »
I've been known to use the POTF2 Dewback and Ronto as stand-ins. Tatooine's a big planet, who's to say there isn't some tribe somewhere that can't find banthas so they use other critters? The Illustrated SW Universe does say they will ride other servicable desert beasts in a pinch. ;D

And yeah, I think the Bantha would be a great rerelease.

Never did find the OTC version, but I'm sure I would have left it carded since I'm not overly fond of the sniper sculpt.

Well, the OTC TR does have fairly significant differences in the paint.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 06:17 PM »
I wanted the Tusken and Jawas, but those two (and Leia #9 and the Snowtrooper) never showed here. They're the only OTC figures I lack.

I think a Bantha rehash would be an excellent idea. Of course, I think reissuing most of the beasts is a good idea. I'd like to get an Eopie and a Rancor that can actually stand on its legs instead of leaning on its knuckles.  :) Though Hasbro would just put out the SE Jabba and Han set again and a few months later say that beasts don't sell.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 01:48 AM »
I'd be all for a VOTC styled Tusken myself...  Super articulation, good ratty softgoods robes (the softgoods skirt on the Bantha Tusken looks really nice), some good weaponry and removable bandoleirs...  Could be great.

I dig the Tuskens a lot, but their figures have been sorta dull over the years.  It's funny how exciting the repaint of the POTJ Sniper figure turned out to be in OTC.  Good paintjob for sure...  I have a nice army of all the different sculpts, and evne the POTF2 ones still sorta fit in.  I'd still take a SA Tusken Raider though for that all-purpose Sandperson.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 02:02 PM »
I wanted the Tusken and Jawas, but those two (and Leia #9 and the Snowtrooper) never showed here. They're the only OTC figures I lack.

I think a Bantha rehash would be an excellent idea. Of course, I think reissuing most of the beasts is a good idea. I'd like to get an Eopie and a Rancor that can actually stand on its legs instead of leaning on its knuckles. :) Though Hasbro would just put out the SE Jabba and Han set again and a few months later say that beasts don't sell.

Guess I wasn't the only one who couldn't find those around here!

I actually had to break down and buy them off of ebay since I wanted the complete OTC set carded.

Best use of rehashes to date....until next year's Saga collection!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Looking back i am so happy with the Bantha and that they finally made one. I love it, one of my favorite creatures. I also love that they made the female Tusken and child.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Recently I picked up a loose Mastadge from the original Stargate movie toys. It serves as a decent stand-in until I get my hands on a Bantha--and in fact, with the Tusken rider that came with the Bantha, it actually looks pretty cool in its own right.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 08:22 PM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline Mr.el lucco

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 06:50 PM »
I only have one tusken raider the female version. The armry i have might have to be the cis and sith i have alot of those.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 10:05 PM »
I only have one tusken raider the female version. The armry i have might have to be the cis and sith i have alot of those.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8230.0  :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 05:23 PM »
i'm happy i've just bought a vintage complete sandpeople (mine was 25 year old and little bit hmm)
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Errex

• Youngling
  • Gra'tua Cuun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 06:44 PM »
Yeah, sandpeople are cool.

My "army" is more of a raiding party, with a sniper, the one with the massif, one from the POTJ line, a rider with bantha, and a couple of the POTF ones.

No female with child, but I'm still looking on the aftermarket.