Multimedia > TV-9D9

How do YOU Watch the STAR WARS Saga At Home?

(1/4) > >>

DARKLORD:
Hi Gang!

Like some of you, I built my "Home Theater" almost exclusively with viewings of the STAR WARS Saga in mind!!

I recently finished construction on it (just in time for the DVD release of  EPISODE III.

My wife and I live in an apartment in Brooklyn, NY,  and our funds are limited, so a full-blown dedicated "screening room" was not an option for us.  Instead we designed and converted our living room into a theater space and put in as much slick detail as we could.

This room still awaits wall to wall carpeting.

The Theater wall features, semi-circular "stage",   lit "cubby" spaces (awaiting carpeting), 119"-Wide archway opening, and "King Blue" velvet drapes and trim. 

All lighting in the room is linked to electronic dimmers.

A full 5.1 THX sound system is installed in the room:  A Denon AV Reciever sends sounds to two B&W CDM 7NT Series tower speakers (one on either side of the TV).

A third (smaller) 7NT is installed above the TV (as the center channel). 

The left and right surround speakers are B&W  CDM "In-Walls" (concealed behind two framed pictures on the back wall behind the couch). 

The sub-woofer is the small Sunfire "Super Junior"  9" cube.  It's tucked in a corner under one of the end tables.

The TV is a 70" Hitachi LCD.

Unfortunately, this TV being all Black does NOT photograph very well at all.  I tried everything.  But the more light I threw on it, the more glossy reflections I got on its flat surface.  You can even see the reflection of my table lamp in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

For this reason, I had to use photoshop to lighten the outer cabinet details of the TV so they would be visible.  But this photo VERY closely approximates what the Theater looks like in person.

Naturally, I chose a nice STAR WARS image to have on the screen when I took the picture.

How about YOU?  Let's see how you all watch the STAR WARS Saga at home!!!

Regards,

Roberto DARKLORD Williams

Angry Ewok:
You have a really nice theatre there! I like the curtains on the sides, its a real nice touch.

I'm curious, though... Where do you two sit?

Reid:
42' Plasma Screen.
DVD and VHS Player.

That's about it.

DARKLORD:

--- Quote from: Angry Ewok on December 19, 2005, 03:01 PM ---You have a really nice theatre there! I like the curtains on the sides, its a real nice touch.

I'm curious, though... Where do you two sit?
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment Angry Ewok!!

To answer your question:

Our seating area is directly across from the theater.  We have a sofa (pictured here) and single chair (visible on the right)  The seating is good for about four people total. 

If one sits on the couch, the theater's viewing area (TV) is directly ahead. This seating area is about 16 feet away from the theater.

There's a glass coffee table, and two end tables. The Sub woofer is tucked underneath the end table visible in the background. 

The in-wall rear surround speakers are concealed behind  the two framed pictures on the back wall. 

findswoman:
Wow, Roberto, your home theater setup is truly impressive! (And your living room's mighty fine looking, too.)  I see from this that you're the sort who makes the absolute most of everything you make and do, not just customizing.  Very cool indeed.  8)

Alas, the Findshusband and I have nothing that can compare.  Just a small, old TV (smaller than the monitor of our iMac, I think) on a shelf across from a futon couch in our dinky Oakland, CA apartment.  But the Star Wars trilogy is still the Star Wars trilogy!

HunterOfThePegs, why don't you show us a photo of your setup, too?  Plasma TV sounds very very neat indeed...  how different are they from regular LCD TVs?

... the Findswoman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version