Author Topic: Peg/Shelf Space  (Read 6178 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Peg/Shelf Space
« on: December 20, 2005, 02:31 PM »
With what I am seeing so far in the SAGA 2006 figures, we are in for a treat. They look outstanding. 

My biggest concern though is the amount of space that retailers will dedicate to their Star Wars sections.

Predictions?  Anyone seen any 2006 planograms?

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Peg/Shelf Space
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:53 PM »
A TRU I was in had 16 pegs for TSC.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 06:56 PM »
Well since SW are still selling well I don't think it should be much of a problem at the beginning of this year.  Once the pegwarmers start warming up though then I can see the stores downsizing the pegs.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 09:43 PM »
I'd say about 16, what Jesse said. That was about what it was for Saga 02-04, 8 pegs going up and down for two rows. Plus all the shelf/vehicle space.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 10:54 PM »
The TRU I work at has considerable condensed their 3 3/4" section  :'(  ???
Hopefully that's just because we are low on figures at the moment and they are trying to cram as much other SW stuff to sell for Christmas.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 10:49 AM »
I think the space will be half of what it is now, with only a quarter of the space for basic figures used since Choppers and Transformers will be taking up space.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 11:02 AM »
While one of my local Wm's still hasn't changed their ROTS pegs(why should they there still full of figs at 50 pegs), the other three are down to just 10 pegs at 2 stores and 12 at the other store :(. I don't like my chances for short-packed figs in this collection >:(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 01:06 PM »
I think 2006 will be a return to ordering a few cases online for me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 05:30 PM »
I was amazed how easy the OTC stuff was to find, especially the "new" stuff such as the Dagobah  or Cantina waves.  I'm sure there will be slim pickins, but I can't imagne that Hasbro would allow SW to poop out right now.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I don't think the stuff will be too hard to find, at least not the first few waves.  Good thoughts guys.  But vehicles... hmmm?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 12:41 AM »
While one of my local Wm's still hasn't changed their ROTS pegs(why should they there still full of figs at 50 pegs), the other three are down to just 10 pegs at 2 stores and 12 at the other store :(. I don't like my chances for short-packed figs in this collection >:(

Ironic how a non-movie year goes RIGHT back to the same old song and dance as in the past despite riding an incredible high of Star Wars love through the holiday season.  A very dumb**** move on retail's part IMO... 

I haven't noticed much change at retail yet...  Stuff's just dead/empty right now and I'm anxious for the holidays to pass and see some new stuff...  Hell there's some old stuff from '05 I'd still like to see but which I now know I won't be seeing for quite a while.

Saga06 should try mixing some ROTS figures in on the new cardbacks ala OTC mixing in old Saga stuff...  Would be a wise move if you ask me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 07:18 AM »
I would say that between 8 to 16 pegs is what we'll see. What may be concerrning is that it seems in most case assortments (as seen over on EE), the more popular figures are 1 per case, while other figures (wave 3 as an example has 2 C3P0, 2 Poggle the Lesser, 2 Sun Lac and 2 Yoda's while the popular figures are only 1 per case) which are the least popular are only 1 per case. I have to admit that the Hoth wave based on EE seems to have more of the popular figures at the 2 level (2x General Veers with Removable Armor and blaster (Saga #7), 2x Major Bren Derlin (Saga #8), 2x AT-AT Driver with blaster (Saga #9), 1x R2-D2 with Rebel travel accessories (Saga #10), 2x Snowtrooper with blaster (Saga #11), 1x General Rieekan with blaster (Saga #12), 1x Darth Vader with lightsaber (Saga #13), 1x Power Droid with Assistant Droid and scanning accessories (Saga #14)), but I do not understand the wave 3 case ratio's. So, I do see the potetional in some areas of the more popular figures becoming hard to find because of the amount of pegs and peg warmers that will be on the shelves. I do not believe that the popularity of the wave will continue (with the casual kids/parents) much beyond late spring/early summer when the new summer block busters with their promotional materials hit retail. Don't take me wrong, product will move, but we all know that some product will peg warm and that if there are enough peg warmers, that can slow up at some stores/areas, the arrival of new product as the warehouse ships only the inital allocation, then never reorders it in.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 1, 2006, 11:12 PM »
It looks like WalMart and Target both have 8 pegs each for Saga figures.  Obviously, both represent HUGE downscales from what they had in EIII, which was to be expected I guess.  It won't be long before the Saga repacks are jamming the few pegs that the stores have, while the new figures are gone.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 2, 2006, 11:04 AM »

Ironic how a non-movie year goes RIGHT back to the same old song and dance as in the past despite riding an incredible high of Star Wars love through the holiday season.  A very dumb**** move on retail's part IMO... 

What a breath of fresh air to hear someone blame the right party, and not Hasbro, for this.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 2, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I agree, as far as I know Hasbro's Star Wars line was announced recently as the #1 selling toy line.  Why the section is being scaled down to single digit pegs really doesn't make sense to me.  If you're not going to have a lot of the #1 selling line on your shelf, what do you want to put there?
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.