Author Topic: Imperial Troopers  (Read 7542 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Imperial Troopers
« on: October 24, 2005, 10:37 AM »
I caught this little bit from Adam Pawlus' Q&A this morning...

Actually, they made him too-- he's the Death Star Trooper from 1998, which was repackaged and sold again in 2002 as part of a gift set. Aside from the ridiculous gun from 1998, it's a pretty good figure and one Hasbro is likely to revisit since they're going to be doing some new sculpts of old troopers... or so I've maybe heard somewhere.

(Emphasis mine)

So what do you think this means? Are we likely to see some trooper evolution sets this year? Are we finally going to get the SA rebel and imperial troops we've been hoping for?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:37 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Troopers?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:59 PM »
It would make sense to have a nice articulted Death Star Trooper.  I would love to see him come in the film accurate black outfit, and gray repaint down the road as a nod to Kenner.

While were talking about troops.  Hasbro should re-release the #41 Clone with its current helmet, and include an E2 Clone Helmet also.  That way we could choose which one we wanted.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 01:08 PM »
The Deathstar wave has a rumored figure called Chief Bast. Perhaps that is the designation for the trooper shown on the vintage packaging?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 01:51 PM »
The Deathstar wave has a rumored figure called Chief Bast. Perhaps that is the designation for the trooper shown on the vintage packaging?

Chief Bast is Tarkin's aide - he's an imp officer, not a "bucket head" trooper.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 01:59 PM »
I'm excited about having a Chief Bast for the sideburns alone!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:47 PM »
I'm excited about having a Chief Bast for the sideburns alone!

The POTJ Imp. Officer has some pretty big mutton chops...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 05:12 PM »
It would be nice to finally get a new DST, however I totally expect Hasbro to do it in a  rehash sort of way. The SAGA Ozzel/ROTS Tarkin/TSC Veers mold(s) are pretty close to the design for a Death Star Trooper, so all they would have to do is remove the rank badges/cylinders, add a new generic head and helmet, and do a repaint and you have yourself a TSC DST. One with super-articulation would be nice, but if we're to get a new one, this is how I see it happening.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Imperial Officers
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Was thinking about how EE sometimes has 4-5 packs of figures, and thought this might be a neat idea.

How about an Imperial Officer 4-5 pack at EE? Using a great sculpt like Veers, Anyone up for that? With 5 different heads and two different variations - one set all gray uniforms and another set all black uniforms -

- Admiral Piett
- Admiral Motti
- Captain Needa
- General Tagge
- Chief Bast

Thoughts?  I'd be all over this.

:P

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Officers
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 01:09 PM »
For sure! I'd get a few. I always felt that the Imperial Officers were never given enough attention from Hasbro. Which is weird when you consider they culd use basically the same body sculpt over and over.

The selections you picked for your list are good as well. For HAsbro to produce something like this should be a no-brainer.

I even think it would be a good idea to release the Imperial conference table in sections like Hasbro did with the Jedi Counsel. 3 figs per pack including a Cushing Tarkin.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 01:12 PM by Darth Tedious »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 01:47 PM »
I'd much rather any army builders go to a retailer like Wal-Mart or Target... EE is too high for my army-building tastes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 02:58 PM »
I would too Brad, but usually that stuff is hard to find.  At least when EE gets it, you know you can order it.  I like the idea of having a variation - one set gray, one black.  Adds to the army building possibility.

I do think the table would be a great addition like Tedious said - actually I think in this instance it might be best to have it all as one table... but then again, different Imperial heads w/ sections of the table would probably go over really well.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 12:38 PM »
I'd be over most figures really. And, I'd love to entertain thoughts like this, but due to how the exclusives system works, the odds on getting something like this are very remote. Great to hope for, but dissapointing when reality kicks in.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 06:21 PM »
I'm all for it if at the right price...  EE's proven to me that anything they carry "for army builders" isn't really for us...  It's for collectors in overpriced sets, and EE's just hoping army builders get sucked into paying their premium prices for these sets.

To this day I've yet to see any impressive picture of someone's "grand army of the republic" built up with EE Clone 4-packs...  Why?  Because I think they sold about half as well as some people want you to believe.  Hell even Brian's Toys had them on sale...  Brian's F'n Toys people! :)

I think what EE should do is offer their 4-packs at a $30 maximum prior to shipping charges.  They'd be a little more in line with what I'd pay.  Their case prices are great though, if you can afford to plunk $300+ down at one sitting of course, but their individual packs are pretty outrageously priced overall based on a per-figure cost.

Bare in mind too we're dealing with very cost-efficient items supposedly guaranteed to sell...  EE can do better for us, and if they want to "help the army builders" they can do so by offering things at a price people can army build at affordably.  The white mailer packs were ideal...  I can see paying a little more for fancier packaging, but not $10 per figure...  That **** don't fly as far as I'm concerned.  That's price gouging pure and simple.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Troopers
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Really so many Imps to do. I keep hoping they release more. And add to that list retooled/SA Piett & Tarkin
-Dhivael

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Troopers
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Yeah, it would be nice to get them all released at once.  I read on a post somewhere hown the "fabric" and color of the Imp officers don't match when you place them next to each other and since I've had mine stored for a while, I hadn't really noticed.  But if they were done in a set (or at least in a wave like the current Hasbro offerings) I would hope that Hasbro could pull of matching colors and similar sculpts for the uniform.   Obviously, some of the body types (Tarkin & Piett) don't match or are too thin for the same mold on all officers.