Author Topic: Post your Christmas hauls!  (Read 5776 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Christmas hauls!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 12:23 AM »
I got some really great stuff, but the ultimate Christmas gift ever came from my girlfriend: a trip for the 2 of us to Hockeytown, USA in April to see my Wings play the Oilers!!!   ;D ;D

Sweet!  My mother-in-law made my year when she bought me tickets to see the Bruins play.   8)

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 02:44 AM »
Hmm..

$150 Visa Gift Card
$50 SA Fuel Card
$50 Best Buy Gift Card
$50 Cash
$20 Cash
$25 Cub Foods Card
$15 Target Gift Card
Sin City 2 Disc SE DVD
11:14 DVD
Murderball DVD
New webcam
New wallet
Hood/ski mask combo deal
4 pair o' cozy socks
1 pair o' hiking socks

....and a 2001 Toy Fair exclusive transparent blue Metaluna Monster from "This Island Earth", sealed of course.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 03:49 AM »
I hope everyone had a good holiday with family/friends today and in the coming day(s)/week(s) as well.

I had a great time, with lots of amazing gifts from my mother/family and my girlfriend... 

I got Sirius Satellite Radio and it became a Sirius pain in the ass to get hooked up. :)  I live in a deep valley a ways outside the city limits so getting signal was fun.  At about 9:00 X-Mas night I was on my porch roof trying to get good signal for my home installation kit, haha.  Oh joy...  I'm glad I don't have Satelite TV is all I gotta say.  As a surprise I found out the radio I got has a replay/record feature too, that's cool.  My buddy said it's a little better than his because of that, and that it's a new feature I guess on new radios.

Anyway I got a car kit too and since I drive a convertible this is going to be interesting to figure out how I'll mount this.  I gotta ask my buddy what he does with his antenna for it because he has a Jeep...  His options are even more limited than mine, but I'm reluctant to put this on the outside if I can avoid it.  I'm hoping it can mount to the roof bracings and get good signal, or mount to the dash even.

My mother also made me a sock monkey with a fez.  It kicks as much ass as I can possibly fathom.  It has a vest too, but the Fez is really funny.  And out of sheer luck it fits my cats too, which is even funnier.

My mother also picked up the Twins set for me and another Royal Guard as well as 2 Clone Evo (grey/white) sets, and as a big surprise she got me the Vader Voice Changer...  I'd wanted one but always was hesitant to spend the $, but now I got one and it is so neat.  My oversized cranium does not fit so well though.  Fun nonetheless.

I got a number of sculpting tools and bits too for customizing.  Syringes, scalpels, dental tools...  Even a pen sized butane torch.  Lots of useful goodies for a hobby I have increasingly less time to commit towards, but hopefully I can make time.

As an early gift my mother gave me an FX Luke Jedi saber as well, and I love it... 

I got a bunch of Star wars ornaments.  My girlfriend got me the Vader head and ship set from Target, and she also gave me the Yoda Snowglobe early for X-Mas.  The snowglobe's one of the nicest collectibles out this year I think.  My mother got me the Halmark Vader that talks, and it's a really nice ornament.  This was also the first year I put up my own Star Wars tree.  Just a small artificial tree for just my SW ornaments and junk.  Figured it was time.

My girlfriend got me an, I can only fathom, expensive flatscreen monitor.  I gotta get it hooked up before i go to bed just to check it out.  She got me the "Sith Happens" T-Shirt too, and a Mr. Hanky plush.  :)

There's a lot of other stuff I'm not mentioning, I'm just so tired...

I got my gf a good bit...  A DVD player, lots of clothes, some things for at work, a fireplace grill/fence thing she'd wanted, and a jewelry set that has a piece to it I'm waiting to give to her for valentine's.  I got her boys the light/sound Dooku and Vader sabers too, and some figures I'd gotten before everything became impossible to find (thank god I bought early for them).  Fun watching the boys whack at each other with the sabers. :) 

It was a great holiday and I have to be thankful I don't have much driving to do...  Was just with family X-Mas Eve, then at the gf's late that night, then X-Mas day was home with my parents and one brother and then down to the gf's again late when she got home from her sisters, and it is a short enough drive.  It was a good couple days, and now time to start paying bills.  :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 03:55 AM »
Congrats on the flatscreen monitor!  I treated myself to one earlier this year and you're going to love it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 06:23 AM »
Well since my monitor was about dead, it's different and tough for my eyes to adjust to.  I can't get the color quite right...  Seems sorta dark, and yet when I lighten it, I can't seem to find a balance I like...

And then I went to the other site that shall not be named and man it looked like wol-cabashite.  Bright, hurt my eyes, hard to read...  If that's how it looks with a good monitor that's just one more reason NOT to go there.  I'll figure this thing out though, get it situated later...  for now, it's dreamland for me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 08:05 AM »
Sounds like you had a pretty awesome Christmas, man. I had a pretty good one, I got lots of supplies for customizing. Didn't expect, I was dreading spending like 50 bucks at Hobbytown, but now I don't. :)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 09:32 AM »
My haul was watching my two kids have an outstanding Christmas.

Same here -- it was so much fun this year watching our son's excitment over Santa knowing just what he wanted.   The baby was much more interested in the wrapping paper pile.

Sounds like everyone had a great day. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 11:45 AM »
I finally got Halo (1, 2 and the map pack!) :D

Also, a humorous note- we got our 5 (nearly 6) year old daughter a nice prop replica of Hermionie's wand. She though it was a real wand and got kind of scared of it. While a little sad, it was still cute.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 11:48 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 12:18 PM »
From my husband, I got Spud Trooper (I never even saw this in stores; he got really lucky there) and one of the little light and sound FX Boba Fett superdeformities.  He also got me Star Wars Foosball, which was marked down to $40 when we stopped at Wal-mart on Thursday, so we got it then.

In the gift exchange at work, I got a 12" Darth Vader in original "Collector Series" packaging and the DV superdeformity.

My mom and dad gave me a bunch of kitchen stuff. (Mom and I went to the outlet mall together a few weeks ago, and she basically bought everything I pointed to and said, "I'd like to have that and it's a pretty good price.")  My kitchen is in a "Gilligan's Island" theme, so a bamboo cutting board, Tiki head tablecloth weights, and set of metal picks in a holder shaped like a pineapple.  Plus, some bowls that don't match the kitchen, but they're purple, which is my favorite color. :)

Also, they are going to pay for me a Force FX lightsaber, which I see are on sale at Best Buy, so I'm heading out the door right now!

Woo-Hoo!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 12:19 PM by Taminar »
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2005, 02:24 PM »
30 GB color iPod
1 troy ounce of silver
1/10th ounce of gold bullion (Australian Gold Monkey)

Battlefront II
Resident Evil 4
Some clothes
A handful of giftcards
A boatload of money
Arms and Armor of the Samurai (an out of print book that I wanted for a long time...)
A Man Without a Country (Which was the best gift of them all because I had no idea Vonnegut had written another book)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 06:51 PM by Rob »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 06:17 PM »
New HP Computer!!

My original was custom made back in 97 and it finally crashed last week so this was a nice treat for me.  What the hell does a person do with a 200GB hard drive anyway???  I used to have 5gb and that suited me just fine.  Guess time will tell.  Also got a 24 (series) t-shirt....can't wait for the new season to start.

HP good brand or no??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 10:12 PM »
black ipod nano
and a whole bunch of gift cards  :P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2005, 10:36 PM »
$220 cash
3-piece luggage set
Serenity widescreen DVD
C-3PO cookie jar
towel set
a new black sweater, which is a beautiful sweater
bottle of riesling
Michelob Specialty Ales & Lagers sampler set
new alarm clock

Not a bad haul. I'm thinking of blowing the cash on that new reissue Galvatron plus an order at HTS.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2005, 10:43 PM »
A Man Without a Country (Which was the best gift of them all because I had no idea Vonnegut had written another book)

I love Vonnegut and I was completely surprised when I saw that in the bookstore last week.  Let me know how it is! ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 10:54 PM »
HP good brand or no??

Yes, very good.  :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks