Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175139 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Thanks for the info Jeff.  That sounds good to me.  Like we've been saying, if they continue this type of quality (of these first sets), it could be a tremendous line.  If there was indeed a second wave of Padme, Obi-Wan and 3PO, that would be a great place to start.  Padme's possibilities are nearly unlimited, I'd really like to see some Obi-Wans (AOTC and ROTS) in the style of those Anakins we see in the first series, and 3PO could be a good choice as well.  I wasn't ever overly happy with any of the Saga offerings, with the Deluxe one probably being the best of the bunch, but nothing spectacular.  Personally, I wouldn't see any problems with these selling...but maybe that's just me.  I know I'll be buying all three, and maybe a couple of the Clonetrooper/Sandtrooper ones.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2005, 05:18 PM »
With all things clone, my gripe here is the # of these that will be available...  I'm wanting multiple sets of the Clone Evolution set, which is absolutely fantastic.  I got to get a good look at the loose ones at the Hasbro booth with Jeff, and I was just floored by the quality.

The whole series is fantastic looking though...  VOTC quality all the way, detail and articulation galore, and now it's a matter of just making sure that MORE of the Clone sets are available than the others.  I'm loving the other two current sets, but that Clone/Stormie set is the epitome of perfection for figures.  Outstanding, and the pictures only TEASE with the quality these things are...  In person they just really make you wanna knock the case over and take them and run away!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2005, 05:28 PM »
which is why some Stormtroopers can't aim for ****.

LOL.

Seriously though, I think we all know which set is going to sit on the shelf and which one will be HTF....that interchangeable helmet feature kicks major ass - thanks to Jeff for pointing that out!!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2005, 05:43 PM »
For those who will collect multiples of the clone set, I recommend you book your flight early and preorder at the TRU website. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2005, 06:06 PM »
These have to be the coolest thing this year.  I already feel like a sucker for buying inferior versions on ROTS Anakin.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2005, 06:38 PM »
*ears perk up* Ooh ... pilot helmet you say?  Now I need two sets.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Ok I'm in...I want these things pretty bad.

I like the ROTS Anakin (finally a non-action featured version of a Major character)...

My only concern will be what to do with the EPII Clones and helmets (they will be available for trade)....I'm sure somebody here will want them..

But the concept and execution on these things are both above par, usually Hasbro misses on one of them.

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2005, 05:36 AM »
After seeing the pictures of these from C3, I've got to say that they look outstanding!  Are there any more of these sets beyond these three in the works right now, or even rumored?  With that kind of detail and articulation, I can only pray this line continues, since these seem to far surpass the regular carded figures, and are much more along the lines of the VOTC figures.

I'd love to see a bunch more of these, like Padme, C-3PO, Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan, etc.  Did anything more come up on them in the Q&A, or is this all we're getting?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2005, 08:22 AM »
Not sure?  I would hope a Kenobi set would be in the works though. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2005, 10:06 AM »
I'd love to see a bunch more of these, like Padme, C-3PO, Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan, etc.  Did anything more come up on them in the Q&A, or is this all we're getting?

According to Hasbro, they only have these 3 sets planned so far, but at the C3 QnA they indicated that sales of this line will determine whether or not they go back and do more. 

When we were talking to the Hasbro guys later, they said they had quite a few figures on the list already that they'd like to do if they get the chance to make more - Padme, Obi-Wan, 3PO.  Almost made it seem like if there is a next wave, it'd likely be those three.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Yeah, when I was talking to the Hasbro reps on the floor, they intimated the same thing as well.  I asked them specifically about Obi Wan and Padme and they nodded and went, "Maybe."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2005, 07:48 PM »
If they give us a C-3PO and he's got articulation in the knees then I'll be stoked. We also never got a good version of his AOTC incarnation. The EP1 version was plenty good for me, so again, enhanced articulation would be a must.

For Obi-Wan, I hope they go with all PT since we already have VOTC Old Ben. So it would be one from each movie.

For Padme they could do four sets each dedicated to her and STILL not be done.

Set 1:
Return to Naboo Purple Dress (TPM)
Lakeside Retreat Black Dress (AOTC)
Senatorial Robes (with braided hair "buns") (ROTS)

Set 2:
Appearance before the Senate (TPM)
Incognito Travel to Naboo (AOTC)
Nightgown (ROTS)

Set 3:
Handmaiden - at the end, the brown outfit (TPM)
Droid Factory/Arena (AOTC)
Confronting Anakin (ROTS)

Set 4:
Handmaiden - Robes (TPM)
Meeting with the Chancellor (AOTC)
Burial Gown (ROTS)

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't burn a slot for a Padme figure with another ANH Leia to show the "Evolution"
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Obi-Wan Kenobi is the perfect character for the Evolution assortment.  I would love to see this kind of lineup for him:

The Phantom Menace w/ softgoods cloak, Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon's lightsabers, commlink & rebreather

Revenge Of The Sith w/ softgoods cloak, Obi-Wan & Anakin's lightsabers

The Empire Strikes Back vision from Hoth.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Here's my preferences:

Padme:

Handmaiden TPM (because Hasbro has yet to do this  ::))
Senator AOTC (the first gown she wears in Palpy's office)
Galactic Mom ROTS (either the buns version or the peacock dress)

Obi Wan:

Padawan TPM (SA, soft goods, removable braid)
Knight AOTC (SA, the works)
Master ROTS (SA, the works)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2005, 01:57 AM »
I'd dig some Classic sets too...

-Han Solo...  I'd take Hoth, Bespin, and Han Endor in a set...

-Leia...  Easy enough with ANH, Hoth, and Endor...
-Luke...  Again, easy enough with ANH, Hoth, and Endor...  Run with a theme here.  One could replace either (or both) Luke/Han's early figure in with a Stormie version of them too.

-Imperial Troops...  ANH Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Scouttrooper...  I'd take that in a heartbeat!

-Rebels...  Rebel Fleet Trooper, Hoth Rebel, Endor Rebel.  I'd take that even quicker. :)

The thing I like about the Evolutions sets is the price.  To me, the $20 works out for 3 great figures in one set.  This is ideal army builder potential, and I hope that main characters are done of course, but it's every army builder's dream that these are pushed for the troops too since it really makes sense.  That Clone set is going to simply rock I do believe.  I've got 3 on pre-order, and will definitely buy many more if I find them easily enough on my hunts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77