Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175168 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #720 on: November 4, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Finally found a Sith set today, it feels good to have finally caught up on these, at least until the white Clone varient shows up. The only set I really had trouble getting was the Anakin set, since I had to get a Target employee to get it from the back. Of course, once I find it, they never show up again.

Hopefully the white varient shows up en masse.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #721 on: November 4, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I got a phone call from a friend a couple of hours ago to let me know that he had just found the gray/white Clone Evolution sets here in Indy. The guy even picked up two extra sets for me while he was there!

If this set looks half as nice in person as they do in some of the photos I've seen, I'll be quite happy.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 5, 2005, 03:10 AM »

Yeah, that guy sure does look like he stepped behind soemthing with a bad case of projectile squirts. Mine's funny ... His chest looks like someone dabbed the dirt on with a tiny cotton ball.

You know, I like the way that guy looks like he's been blasted to hell and still keeps truckin'. The helmet on mine is too clean, and check out the funny spotted chest.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 6, 2005, 02:45 PM »
I noticed the helmets for the AOTC Evo II figs are clean as a whistle. Oddly, so are the forearms and hands. ??? It's a hell of a contrast to the filthy bodies.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 7, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Anyone want a grey set for yellow?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #725 on: November 8, 2005, 07:52 PM »
I just picked up 2 of the Gray sets today, totally blown away by the fact I found them. I don't have the Yellow set with me to compare, but I think they may have overdone the paint ops a bit on this new set. The "blood" on the AOTC Clone just looks weird, has no flow to it and the staining on the Sandtrooper looks more like his armor is rusting than he went through a sandstorm. Once I get home, I'll be able to compare better, but I'm just so damn glad I found these guys and I can stop looking now...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #726 on: November 9, 2005, 01:18 AM »
So I'm playing with my new Evolutions Clones (I've yet to really take the time to compare the two sets) and I found something interesting that I don't believe I've seen mentioned. Pardon me in advance if this has been brought up, I just really didn't want to look through 50 pages of this thread for this...

The belt on the Sandtrooper is completely removable at the ammo pouch on the right side. If you pull on the pouch, the belt will come apart as there is a tab that goes into the pouch to secure it into place. I thought this was just for the Grey Clone set, since the belts for the ROTS Clone are removable, but I checked the Yellow Clone set and the Sandtrooper belt there is removable. A nice little feature, which while not doing much, does show that the halfass job they did for the Clone belts is unexcusable.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 9, 2005, 01:53 AM »
I'm very happy with the Grey clone set. For the record, I noticed that the right hand of the Sandtrooper was resculpted with a bigger grip.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #728 on: November 9, 2005, 11:09 AM »
I had a chance before bed last night to check out my Gray Clone Evo sets that arrived in the mail.  I must say I am quite pleased with these Clone Evo sets (the first version and this alternate).

I like the weathering (the red "dust" is a bit much on the clones) and I really like the sculpt.  I bought two sets, so I think I'll set these guys up on the shelf in each of the versions - 1x Ep2 Trooper & 1x Ep2 Pilot and 1x Ep 3 Gray Officer & 1x Ep3 Gray Grunt.

I really wish these sets would continue.  I'd love to see more Clones get cranked out this way... I've seen so many possible clone sets in all our various Evolutions threads:

Ep2 - Clone Captain (Red)
Ep3 - Shocktrooper
Ep4 - Sandtrooper (Black Pauldron/CLEAN - no battle damage, no mud)

Ep2 - Clone Trooper (White/Clean)
Ep3 - Galactic Marine
Ep5 - Snowtrooper

Ep2 - Clone Officer (Green)
Ep3 - BARC Trooper
Ep6 - Scout Trooper

Ep2 - Clone Officer (Blue)
Ep3 - 501st Trooper
Ep4 - Stormtrooper

The possibilities are endless...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 9, 2005, 11:16 AM »

I like the weathering (the red "dust" is a bit much on the clones) and I really like the sculpt. 

I was just posting about this. I'm leaning a little more towards this red dirt to be blood.  The Tactical Ops Trooper was the first to have this and now this set. Geonosis is the only plant remember seeing any red dirt and I may be wrong but I don't remember seeing any 501st on Geonosis...  ??? All in all though I'm really happy with the Gray Clone set as well. I will say though that I don't remember seeing the Gray Grunts in the movie. Does anyone know what scene these are in?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #730 on: November 9, 2005, 11:29 AM »
I will say though that I don't remember seeing the Gray Grunts in the movie. Does anyone know what scene these are in?

The easiest place to spot them is when Yoda is getting ready to leave for Kashyyyk.  The gray grunts are all over the place there...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #731 on: November 9, 2005, 11:37 AM »
The Gray grunts are the ones that come in the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack (with Blue Bacara) I don't recall seeing the Gray Commander though in that scene.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 10, 2005, 01:20 AM »
I had a chance before bed last night to check out my Gray Clone Evo sets that arrived in the mail.  I must say I am quite pleased with these Clone Evo sets (the first version and this alternate).

I like the weathering (the red "dust" is a bit much on the clones) and I really like the sculpt.  I bought two sets, so I think I'll set these guys up on the shelf in each of the versions - 1x Ep2 Trooper & 1x Ep2 Pilot and 1x Ep 3 Gray Officer & 1x Ep3 Gray Grunt.

I really wish these sets would continue.  I'd love to see more Clones get cranked out this way... I've seen so many possible clone sets in all our various Evolutions threads:

Ep3 - Shocktrooper

Ep3 - Galactic Marine
Ep5 - Snowtrooper

Ep3 - BARC Trooper
Ep6 - Scout Trooper

Ep3 - 501st Trooper
Ep4 - Stormtrooper

But, my money ain't. ;)

Geeze, I would go so broke if they did this. Hasbro, take a note.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 10, 2005, 01:28 AM »
Ep3 - Shocktrooper

Ep3 - Galactic Marine
Ep5 - Snowtrooper

Ep3 - BARC Trooper
Ep6 - Scout Trooper

Ep3 - 501st Trooper
Ep4 - Stormtrooper

Put me down for 2 sets of each.   ;)

Easy money, Hasbro.  Easy money.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2005, 07:45 AM »
That would be super cool but if they used a new or Super Articulated body for the Snowtrooper and Scout trooper I'd cry because I'd have so little money for food...