Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175144 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #735 on: November 10, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Great ideas Jeff, and I'd be down for all of those as well.  Definitely easy money for Hasbro.  Make a nice, SA sculpt of the Biker Scout and Snowtrooper, then modify them to a BARC trooper and Mygeeto clone, four great new trooper figures.  All great ideas.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 10, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Those sets would EASILY sell out! Someone might want to send them a link to this thread. ;D

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 12, 2005, 02:14 AM »
has anyone opened their Clone EVO v.2 yet? is your ROTS Trooper's belt loose cuz mine is for sum reason, cant really pose the dude  ::)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 12, 2005, 02:16 AM »
has anyone opened their Clone EVO v.2 yet? is your ROTS Trooper's belt loose cuz mine is for sum reason, cant really pose the dude  ::)

Yeah, they don't snap on or anything. Pretty sloppy.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 12, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Are the Clone Set version 1, Anakin to Darth Vader, and the Sith sets still shipping? I haven't been able to get these.  :'(

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 12, 2005, 10:17 PM »
I know the Clone v.1 and Sith ones are still shipping. As for the Anakin one I haven't seen it in awhile
I remember my dream now.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 12, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Alright, thanks. It's hard for me to get bigger stuff with my $5 a week allowance.  ::) And I can't drive. But hopefully I'll find them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 13, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Alright, thanks. It's hard for me to get bigger stuff with my $5 a week allowance.  ::) And I can't drive. But hopefully I'll find them.

Chrismas is coming. Time to start dropping hints. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 13, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Chrismas is coming. Time to start dropping hints. ;)

Good advice for all of us.   :D

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 13, 2005, 05:36 PM »

You know, one of the GREATEST presents is of course cash, or gift cards to Walmart and Target, maybe TRU.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 14, 2005, 08:47 AM »
Of course, after ordering a set of the Clone to Stormtrooper (version 2), I see 2 of them on the shelves at Target this weekend.  We hadn't seen any Evolutions sets around here for quite some time, but this weekend I saw a total of 4 yellow clone sets, 3 sith sets, and 2 grey clone sets....all at Target.  No Anakin to Vader ones in town though, surprisingly.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 15, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Don't feel too bad. This is how I looked at it. I drove about 30 miles a night hitting 3 Walmarts looking for these things. I spent 8 nights doing this so if you add it up, I went 240 miles. My Altima gets 28 mpg (yes, I'm anal and keep track of my mph in a small notebook).  So I spent 240 miles divided by 28 or 8.57 gallons of gas. Gas here costs $2.10 ($2.099 which I hate because it is really $2.10 in my mind) so I spent $18 dollars in gas trying to find em. That means if I add that to the cost of the set at $20 I spent $38 trying to find em.
I ordered a set through BBTS and it came to just over $29 so I'll say $30 and in my book that is well worth the cost since my time is even more valuable then the cash.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 11:07 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 15, 2005, 09:58 AM »
I was messing around with my clones last night and noticed that the Clone Gunner (and 501st) helemt, which is smaller, fits perfectly on the ROTS clone. I wonder why they resculpted and up-scaled the helmet on this one? It's one of the few, minor flaws of the set IMO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 15, 2005, 12:35 PM »
My clone evolutions from Amazon finally shipped today ::)  I'd received emails from them for delays and one had indicated they would cancel my order if I didn't respond.  Well, I didn't respond and my order was processed anyway.  So the few times I've seen them and not purchased them seems to have been a bit of karma.  Not a clue which version is coming, so we'll wait and see.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 15, 2005, 05:14 PM »
My Altima gets 28 mph (yes, I'm anal and keep track of my mph in a small notebook). 

Your Altima only goes 28 miles per hour? How do you drive on the freeway?

You really need to get that checked. No wonder it takes so long for you to drive to my house.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life