Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175118 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 05:16 PM »
(I knew I should've gone with Slave Leia like JediMAC suggested...)

Maybe you should have. >:(

Kevin ;)
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Yep!   ;)

Cool pix though Bobb.

So I guess you're looking at this as more of an "evolotion" of the character throughout the Trilogy then, huh?

I was thinking more along the lines of the "evolution" of Hasbro's figures of a particular character.  Starting with the early CRAP from '95/96, and evolving into the beautiful VOTC of today.

Your idea is much more likely though, since who the hell would want to be buying anything with that early POTF2 **** in it?!   ;)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 05:38 PM »
What I'd really like to see is a McQuarrie "concept" figure thrown in of each character somehow, too, that way you could work in some more of the iconic characters that don't change much through the OT, like:

Darth Vader (concept, ANH, unmasked)
Chewbacca (concept, ANH, ESB with dedicated sack o'Threepio)
Boba Fett (concept, toon, ESB)
Artoo (concept, ANH, ROTJ "shocked open")
Threepio (concept, AOTC, ANH)

But that's not ever going to happen...

(And doesn't it suck that there's no good ROTJ Han Solo yet? It was all I could do to use the slab.)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 05:50 PM »
All VOTC quality figures, and I think we'd all be happy.

Great pics Muftak.

And they really need to redo that General Leia.  Yuck.   ;)

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 06:29 PM »
What I'd really like to see is a McQuarrie "concept" figure thrown in of each character somehow, too, that way you could work in some more of the iconic characters that don't change much through the OT...

Stop it Bobb.  Just stop it!  'Cause now you're really teasing us with this idea!

I was originally not too excited about the Concept Stormie, or the Concept figure idea in general, but I've since changed my stance on the issue, and look forward to getting some of those more iconic initial McQuarrie character drawings incarnated into plastic.  That'd be too cool.

And ya' know what?  I think some day we eventually will...  Might take another year, or three, but I think the seed's been planted in Hasbro's mind, so when they eventually start running out of figure choices (soon), that might be a new subset of the 4" line that they could turn to.

Maybe MisterPL should go talk to them about it some more.  He's been pimping that idea for years, so I'm sure he could convince them...   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Well, first they need to make the damn McQuarrie Stormtrooper easier to get.   ;)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 09:59 PM »
This is something I thought Hasbro would have capitalized on earlier.  I thought they were going to do it when we saw the "Flashback" cards before Ep1.  The wheels were turning in their heads at that point I thought.  It does make sense to wait for all 6 films to be finished. 

I assumed they would make packs (various numbers up to 6) of certain main characters in each trilogy such as the following: 

Anakin - Boy, Ep1, Ep2, Jedi Knight, Vader
Kenobi - Padawan, Jedi Knight, Council Member, ANH
Troopers - Various types of clones and stormtrooper
C-3PO - Ep1, Ep2, Ep3, Ep4, Ep 5, Ep 6

That's just an example. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Is anyone else concerned by an assortment like the following:

commtech Han/Saga Han/OTC Han :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 10:27 PM »
You think you're funny?!   >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 10:54 PM »
You think you're funny?!   >:(

No, just realistic :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Jabba!

TPM
ANH SE Version 2
ROTJ   

With bonus "human" version.  ;D

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 12:22 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 12:58 AM »
I love a lot of the ideas so far.

I'd actually try incorporating army builders in mostly since it's a way to get 3-packs out there...  Wouldn't want to push on people buying TOO many of the same person over and over.

I'd do a separate Clone evolution 3-pack and include an ARC trooper in it (or Republic Commando even?) with an E2 and E3 Clone...  I'd also do a separate pack then of Stormtroopers showing a Stormie, Snowie, and Scoutie.  A Rebel pack with a Fleet Trooper, Hoth Soldier, and Endor Trooper...

A Gungan, Wookie, Ewok pack would be interesting I think, since people draw parallels to those 3 in the films.

Lots of potentially great sets though.  It'd be more suited to prequal characters I think, than OT characters, only because there's such drastic changes to characters in the prequals due to the extended timeline.  The Luke one though is good too...  From Farmboy to Jedi.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Yeah Jesse - I think that Trooper builders would be the way to go...

- Tan Battle Droid, Red Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid

- AOTC Clonetrooper, ROTS Clonetrooper, ANH Stormtrooper

- KOTOR Astromech, R5 Astromech, R2 Astromech

- KOTOR Protocol Droid, CZ Protocol Droid, 3PO Protocol Droid

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 10:44 AM »
A Gungan, Wookie, Ewok pack would be interesting I think, since people draw parallels to those 3 in the films.

You know - I think this would be neat. I have always thought that Lucas wanted Jar Jar to be the "Chewbacca" of the PT.

I was thinking more about this recently simply because there is an absence of Jar Jar in the ROTS toy line.

Wouldn't it have been better if Lucas had scrapped any need for Jar Jar to be comic relief for TPM and instead have him be an exiled Gungan General who was banished for loosing a battle in the past? He could still have been saved by Qui-Gonn during the invasion, still owed him a life debt, still followed him to Tatooine, but during the final battle they could of had Tarpals die and then Jar Jar take over command of the Grand Gungan Army and defeat the Battledroids. Then in the rest of the PT, he could have still been Gungan rep to the Senate and when Yoda takes the clones to rescue the Jedi, he tags along and fights in the arena. Then during the Clone Wars themselves he serves as a Lieutenant under General Kenobi and in ROTS when Obi-Wan's clones turn on him, Jar Jar dies trying to protect Obi-Wan.

I think if GL had done something like that, I don't think people would MIND Jar Jar as much as a character. Instead GL had to make him a ridiculous clown and use that clown to practically ruin the first movie in the saga.

Yes, I think about Star Wars WAY too much...  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Yeah, I wish Jar Jar hadn't been such a clown... I think the Gungan character design is great, just he acted too stupid, and I really didn't like their blue grenade/bomb puma things.  Yeeeik.

It would have been cool had Tarpals die and a serious Jar Jar character take control - but I wouldn't want his role in AOTC expanded any.