Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175164 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 05:04 PM »
I'd do a separate Clone evolution 3-pack and include an ARC trooper in it (or Republic Commando even?) with an E2 and E3 Clone...  I'd also do a separate pack then of Stormtroopers showing a Stormie, Snowie, and Scoutie.

Oh man, that is a fantastic idea, Jesse. A clone pack would get large quantities of my money ;) and I'd get at least one Stormie pack.

Muftak's McQuarrie concepts idea is excellent as well.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Now, I'm not a TPM basher at all.  I find the film totally flawed, but very, very original and visionary.  That siad, if Jar-Jar had been replaced with Cap'n Tarpels through the whole movie, I think it would have been great.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Now, I'm not a TPM basher at all.  I find the film totally flawed, but very, very original and visionary.  That siad, if Jar-Jar had been replaced with Cap'n Tarpels through the whole movie, I think it would have been great.

I'd agree with that entirely.  The Gungans didn't bother me for the most part (aside from Jar Jar and Boss Nass) and I enjoyed the battle scenes (aside from those with Jar Jar) immensely.  Even though I hate Ewoks, it reminded me of the relative primitveness of the battle in ROTJ.  I thought it was a nice analogy with both groups fighting against superior technology. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 8, 2005, 11:53 AM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=90120

Rebelscum reports $19.99 apiece at TRU.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2005, 11:54 AM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Pre-order yours now at EE!

SW Episode III Evolution Wave 1 Case:
Star Wars 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Evolution wave 1 case includes 4x individually packaged sets of Anakin to Darth Vader (Pack 1) featuring Anakin Skywalker (Episode II), Anakin Skywalker (Episode III), and Darth Vader (Vintage) (subject to change).

SW Episode III Evolution Wave 2 Case:
Star Wars 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Evolution wave 2 case includes 4x individually packaged sets of figures: 2x Anakin to Darth Vader (Pack 1) featuring Anakin Skywalker (Episode II), Anakin Skywalker (Episode III), and Darth Vader (Vintage); 2x Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2) featuring Clone Trooper (Episode II), Clone Trooper (Episode III) and Sandtrooper (subject to change).

I guess they are as good as confirmed now...  8)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2005, 12:56 AM »
2x Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2) featuring Clone Trooper (Episode II), Clone Trooper (Episode III) and Sandtrooper (subject to change).

This could be one of the single most popular items in the modern line.

Wonder if "Sandtrooper" is a misprint for Stormtrooper though?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2005, 12:59 AM »
2x Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2) featuring Clone Trooper (Episode II), Clone Trooper (Episode III) and Sandtrooper (subject to change).

This could be one of the single most popular items in the modern line.

Wonder if "Sandtrooper" is a misprint for Stormtrooper though?

I thought that too, but maybe they are talking Ep3 clones with the pauldrons:
Ep2 SA Clone Trooper
Ep3 Clone Commander / ARC
Ep4 Sandtrooper

Maybe?

Jeff

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2005, 01:08 AM »
Either way, I want to get my hands on it bad.

But since there aren't supposed to be hordes of commanders or ARCs, logically it should be the plain E3 clone -- otherwise the proportions are wrong if you buy several sets.

I'll probably bring the wrath of the collecting gurus upon myself by saying this ;), but I hope the Sandtrooper is a repack from the POTJ/POTC version. IMHO that's an all-around great figure. Plus I already have two, so this way the new ones would match. At any rate, I hope he comes with white, black, or orange pauldron instead of a repeat of gray.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 03:02 AM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2005, 05:07 AM »
Hopefully they're not repacks of any kind.  I'm looking forward to them.  And what a way to lead out, too. 

SilverZ

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2005, 05:13 AM »
At that price they'll catch hell if they did repacks, but really, there are perfect SA versions of each figure already (assuming the #50-odd ROTS Clone does the trick) so what new versions of standard infantry do we need?

It almost makes me hope it is indeed pauldron guys. I'd go for that.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2005, 01:05 AM »
If they're SA versions, one can at least look at it and say, "Well at least it isn't $10+ per figure like the EE packs".  However, beyond price itself, the simple fact it's a Target exclusive implies rarity. 

I somehow picture the Vader warming pegs and the Army Builder being an incredible bitch to find for anyone, much less something we can army build with.

At the current price it's barely palletable at $8+ a figure (I think that's about what they'd run).  Better than the EE Clone sets but not by much...  And not gonna be as easy to get a set either, if this plays out like nearly every other Target exclusive to-date.

Oh, but of course someone at some site will post how easy they were to find and thaty they're "on clearance", and that "if you don't go often then you didn't try hard enough because I saw a ton", and other such nonsense.

As I recall, more than a couple sites said that the Y-Wing and Skiff were both very easy to get and that everyone had a "fair chance" to get one "If they looked"...  That tune seemed to change some over time, but I recall many people gloating how those were flowing like water at Target stores. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2005, 01:30 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, these aren't a Target exclusive. ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2005, 01:47 AM »
I'm losing track between the evolutions set, and the rumored Storm/Clonetrooper 2-pack too.  ::)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Oh, but of course someone at some site will post how easy they were to find and thaty they're "on clearance", and that "if you don't go often then you didn't try hard enough because I saw a ton", and other such nonsense.

This has always irritated me to no end when certain individuals talk about nothing being hard to find if you just look.  You know, we can't all be independently wealthy people who have the time and money to go to 15 retailers twice a day every day, and for some other sites to imply that if we can't find something at retail, it's our fault is ridiculous. 

There also seems to be a prevailing attitude of "If I found it, it wasn't hard to find, so stop bitching" going on with some of the other sites as well, but the moment that they can't find something, it's automatically the hardest item to find since the Holy Grail and they'll make public appeals for someone to help them out with one.  The thing that makes this worse is that when they're telling everyone else how easy something was for them to find, they never make the first offer to pick one up for someone at cost, but they expect their readers to favor them just because they happen to work on a popular website.

I won't name names, but a few months back, someone wrote into a site and asked if it was possible that Hasbro might do another Unleashed reissue wave of some of the more difficult to find figures, such as Boba Fett, Yoda, or Darth Maul.  This was (I thought) a perfectly legitimate question, but the person made it sound as if it were the dumbest question ever asked and basically said that these figures were out in abundance and neither difficult nor cost-prohibitive to purchase, so such a request was unwarranted. 

End derail...

Back to the three packs though, I have a feeling that this is going to be endless rehashes.  We'll probably get Secret Ceremony Anakin, Mustafar Anakin, and VOTC Vader in the first three pack and when they eventually do an Obi-Wan three pack, they'll reissue the Naboo Obi-Wan from TPM, one of the two Obi-Wans from ROTS, and then VOTC Obi-Wan.

Even if it is rehashes, the Clone three pack could stand to be a big seller.  If they go the straight rehash, they could do a SA CW Clone, a SA ROTS Clone, and a VOTC Stormtrooper, and I would be thrilled.  They could even do the paint variants on the Clones and I wouldn't complain.  I just really hope that this doesn't turn into Saga Clone (the one that was red originally), ROTS #6 Clone, and POTF2 CT Stormtrooper.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 09:50 AM »
How about one more Evolutions set:

Sith Dudes:
Darth Maul (Ep1)
Darth Tyranus (Ep2)
Darth Sidious (Ep3)

No pictures yet, but it should be headed your way sometime in August...

Jeff