Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175167 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2005, 02:25 AM »
-Imperial Troops...  ANH Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Scouttrooper...  I'd take that in a heartbeat!

-Rebels...  Rebel Fleet Trooper, Hoth Rebel, Endor Rebel.  I'd take that even quicker. :)

Great ideas!

I still wish the clones in the current set were plain white infantry, because one can't very well army build if 1/3 are commanders (AOTC gold clone)....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 02:27 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2005, 03:07 AM »
I'm thinking ARC customs myself with those...  I'll whip up some ARC squads or other Commanders.

The Tat Stormie and E2 Clones are just gonna go into the field then as grunts. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2005, 10:49 AM »

-Imperial Troops...  ANH Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Scouttrooper...  I'd take that in a heartbeat!

-Rebels...  Rebel Fleet Trooper, Hoth Rebel, Endor Rebel.  I'd take that even quicker. :)

I'm awake now!!!!!!  Yes to all the above.  If they would just sell entire cases of the army builders instead of making them 1 per case (which is my fear, but I have no confirmation)...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 6, 2005, 12:03 PM »
So, has anyone been preordering these packs?  I saw that Amazon has them up, first with an expected date of May 1st...but once that day came, it got pushed back to May 15th, and I fully expect them to get pushed back again.  I think EE has them up as well, shipping July/August-ish?  I've considered preordering these, because it just seems like that Clone pack especially will be a bugger to get a hold of.  Anyways, are any of you preordering these, or just waiting to try your luck at retail?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 6, 2005, 12:44 PM »
I ordered online from BOTH Amazon and EE.Com...

I ordered the CASE of 2x Vader/Anakin and 2x Clones, then from Amazon I ordered 2x Clones.

I might find them at retail, and I might NOT, so I am basically hedging my bets.  Besides, I'd like to end up with several of the Tatooine Stormies eventually.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: May 6, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Several...

Several dozen for me, so I put an order into Amazon for 2 Clone sets.  I'm assuming I'll find the Anakin set...  Hoping I will anyway.

And I'm hoping to find the Clone set in abundance.  Hasbro really SHOULD be pumping these things out...  A Clone only case should be available for that matter.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 6, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Several...

I use the term loosely...if I give it a number then I have to stop once I reach it...but I plan to have more of these Stormies than I have VOTCs and Target Clones.....(Rob, don't read that part)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #142 on: May 6, 2005, 09:22 PM »
We just added a new poll to the main page, asking which character you'd like to see covered in the "Evolutions" line next.  So head on over there and chime your butts in!  ;)

As always, we'll be forwarding the results along to Hasbro for their review.  So let 'em know what you want.  Keep in mind, that these are pretty much "definitive" super-articulated figures that we're talking about here, ala the VOTC line, but even better...

SilverZ

« Reply #143 on: May 7, 2005, 12:31 AM »
I put my vote in for Obi-Wan. As far as resculpts go, he's at the top of my list for a character that is in dire need of a revamp in every PT incarnation. There's simply not a single definitive Ewan-era Obi-Wan. In fact, I think he is one of the most ****-upon sculptwise in the entire line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: May 7, 2005, 02:05 AM »
I dont' think it's hard to guess who I voted for...  The Rebel Troopers all need done this way in my eyes, and army builders are an ideal format for these 3-packs of "definitive figures" if you ask me.

That said, I didn't see a character on that list I WOULDN'T want done in this Evolutions series.  To me, this is something I hope that Hasbro continues till everything is done this way.

I'd dig another set as well, for classic Imperial troops...

-Imperial Stormtrooper (basic)
-Imperial "Hoth" Storm"Snow"Trooper
-Imperial Scouttrooper

I'd take that evolution assortment in droves.  I can only dream of what the Snowtrooper would look like too, with the softgoods.  That would kick so much ass, I can see it now.

My dream from the list is the Rebel Troopers set though...  A new Endor soldier would suit me fine, the Fleet Trooper I'd of course like to see redone that way, and the Hoth Trooper was an abysmal failure in the Saga line because Hasbro copped out on him so much.  All 3 would be an ultimate army builder assortment to me if they put as much heart into that as the Clone set that is coming up.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #145 on: May 9, 2005, 12:00 AM »
From the available choices, I voted Padme. The Rebel troopers pack would be second and C-3PO third.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 12:02 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #146 on: May 9, 2005, 12:11 AM »
I dont' think it's hard to guess who I voted for...  The Rebel Troopers all need done this way in my eyes, and army builders are an ideal format for these 3-packs of "definitive figures" if you ask me.

That said, I didn't see a character on that list I WOULDN'T want done in this Evolutions series.  To me, this is something I hope that Hasbro continues till everything is done this way.

I'd dig another set as well, for classic Imperial troops...

-Imperial Stormtrooper (basic)
-Imperial "Hoth" Storm"Snow"Trooper
-Imperial Scouttrooper

I'd take that evolution assortment in droves.  I can only dream of what the Snowtrooper would look like too, with the softgoods.  That would kick so much ass, I can see it now.

My dream from the list is the Rebel Troopers set though...  A new Endor soldier would suit me fine, the Fleet Trooper I'd of course like to see redone that way, and the Hoth Trooper was an abysmal failure in the Saga line because Hasbro copped out on him so much.  All 3 would be an ultimate army builder assortment to me if they put as much heart into that as the Clone set that is coming up.

As long as they didn't repackage the 3 repackaged imps from the OTC line (POTF2 CT stormie, Saga Snowtrooper and POTJ Biker scout) which would be the biggest ****-in-the-face from Hasbro since that piss-poor midget Hoth rebel trooper.

However, a repackage of the VOTC Stormie is just fiiiiiiine! ;)

I really hope this idea takes off. I remember having this idea a long time ago, before Episode2 came out (I forget which board) when we were talking about new ideas for the cinema scenes. I thought there'd be something like ANH Han, ESB Han and ROTJ Han. I'm glad to see this idea coming true, as it can really be a wonderful thing as we saw at C3.

Even though I voted for the troopers, I would really like to see an Obi-Wan evolutions assortment. I would also (and this is kind of off topic) really like to see a VOTC-style Qui Gon Jinn.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 12:16 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #147 on: May 9, 2005, 12:20 AM »
I'm hoping Padme but would also enjoy Obi-Wan and C-3PO

Padme:

Return to Naboo/Qui-Gon Funeral, Picnic or Fireplace and any of the unmade Episode III

Obi-Wan:

Episode I SA, Episode II SA, Episode III SA

All with high quality removable robes and all of the neat gadgets (head gear, clone armor, etc)

C-3PO:

Episode I SA, Episode II SA, Episode III SA

With ******* articulated knees...how long do we have to ask for this before they finally do it????

I'd also love...

Princess Leia

ANH...full length Soft Good robe, Hoth SA and Endor SA

Luke
Stormtrooper Disguise, Snowspeeder Pilot, Endor SA

Han
Stormtrooper Disguise, Carbon Freeze Chamber, Endor SA

The trooper ideas are great as well...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 9, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I'd be in, and broke as a joke.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2005, 01:36 PM »
The new Insider magazine has mention of a third Evolution set tentatively titled "Evolution of the Sith."

It includes Maul, Dooku and the Emperor.  Maul and Dooku look like kit bashed figures but the Emperor looks to be all new.

There's also a great picture of the clone / stormie set.

Pix are present so it must be true!