Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175551 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Does anyone else think the Vader in this 3-pack looks a bit underscaled?

Hard to tell from in the box. I'll have to wait and see when i actually get one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2005, 06:48 PM »
It could be?  I am more into this set for the AOTC and ROTS Anakin figures. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Yeah, having VOTC Vader I can't say that he was hot on my list, but having seen the figure at C3 with its removable helmet, then I'm inclined to be just as excited about that figure as well. 

I'm pretty happy with these sets from top to bottom.  They're just damn nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2005, 12:47 PM »
I was checking the Amazon listings for the two packs they've had up (date of July 1st), and noticing something interesting.  Although it is probably just an Amazon error, this wasn't part of the listing before...both the Anakin/Vader and Clone/Sandtrooper sets have a little banner next to them saying "Only Available Online".  Like I said, probably a mistake, but interesting just in case.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2005, 01:35 PM »
both the Anakin/Vader and Clone/Sandtrooper sets have a little banner next to them saying "Only Available Online".  Like I said, probably a mistake, but interesting just in case.

Definitely interesting - hopefully TRU isn't going to avoid bringing these to their brick and mortar stores.  I think that would be a big mistake - these are going to be huge sellers, but a lot of people simply aren't willing to pay for shipping.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Given how low my opinion of TRU keeps going, I wouldn't be surprised.  They seem to really just not be in touch with anything about the toy industry and it's shift towards adult collectors/appeal. 

I have a pre-order for the Clone set on Amazon (hah, we'll see if I ever get it) as a "just in case I can't find these in abundance" dealie.  I'm really hoping these ship en masse to retail though because I've probably NOT looked forward to anything this much except MAYBE the VOTC figures (their price makes them less appealing than these Evolutions sets though, obviously).

The way Hasbro's gone since last year, I've been pretty pleased with the company.  VOTC was a big hit, and the Evolutions assortment is just such a spiffy little series.  I'm hoping this continues ina  BIG way.  This is a primo means to get a lotta POTF2 stuff resculpted to fit in with the line as it stands today.  Hasbro's come a long way in a span of about 2 years.  They spun their wheels for a majority of the time but I applaud efforts like these sets.  They're really quite amazing compared to other toy lines on the market.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

SilverZ

« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2005, 04:59 PM »
That Amazon listing has some nice loose shots of the figs now (pardon if I missed them and this is old):

ROTS Anakin
AOTC Anakin
Vader

That ROTS Anakin still looks amazing. The Vader may just one-up the VOTC version since he looks like he has ball-socket elbows instead of straight-cut ones.  :) I've got a feeling I'll be needing an extra opener set.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 05:04 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I could be wrong but I thought the Vader had a removable helmet as well Jared, so I agree it's going to one-up the VOTC which is a tough job.  May have the ankles articulated as well... 

I can't wait.  These sets are just perfect looking.  Thanks for pointing that out man!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2005, 06:52 PM »
They have the 'online only' tag next to some upcoming LOTR figs, too.  Hmm...

Those loose shots, wow.  Not too big on the cloak on ROTS Anakin, but I can live with it.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2005, 02:03 PM »
The only good thing in this set is ROTS Anakin. AOTC Anakin looks like absolute SHHHHHHHHHHHHIT. Vader looks really crappy as well. >:(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2005, 02:49 PM »
AOTC Anakin is good, but his face could be better. ROTS Anakin is flawless, as is Vader, but I hope Vader's helmet is easy to keep together.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Actually, it looks like the ROTS Anikin is flawed.  Looks like he's got the golden mechanical hand.  Hopefully he comes with the blaclk leatcher glove hand too.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2005, 08:07 PM »
I am more impressed with AOTC Anakin than the other 2 although the ROTS Anakin looks good to.  I am not all that impressed with that soft goods cloak but it's better than the hooded Mustafar battle damaged Anakin.  Vader, well it's yet another Vader. 

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I am more impressed with AOTC Anakin than the other 2 . 

Are you blind? Do you see that face??

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2005, 09:51 PM »

That's what it should have looked like. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(