Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177471 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #255 on: July 7, 2005, 10:57 PM »
(hahah... well done... he's crispy).

Groan.   ::)   :P

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2005, 02:27 PM »
As mentioned before, I'd like to see evolutions sets of c-3p0 from ep1, ep2 then the finished polished gold version with removable arm/legs/ plus they need more articulation since 3p0  is rather flexible in the movies.
I'd also like an Obi-wan set, from ep1 padawan, either ep2 or 3 then old obi-wan. He could almost be a '5' version to capture padawan, ep2/3, old ben and spirit.
Then I think a Jango/Boba fett set would be cool. Have SA added, removable helmet, different backpacks.
But that's just my thoughts.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2005, 09:01 PM »
The Evolutions sets do indeed inspire many other ideas...  This Anakin set's fantastic.  I agree on the angle-cut elbows being a bit of a cop-out, but they appear to yield neutral and 2-handed saber poses so that's good...  The Vader's fantastic.

I still hold out hope for an Obi-Wan (however I want an all-prequal Obi-Wan set as oldi-wan is kinda dull) Evolutions set, a Rebel Trooper Evolutions set (Fleet Trooper, Hoth Trooper, Endor Trooper), and an Imperial Trooper set too (Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Scouttroooper).  That'd be just great...

This concept could be something really fantastic in the line though...  Lots of possibilities with it now that all 6 films are done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Man, I'm so itching to get my hands on this set.  I am very impressed with what I have seen.  Like most though, I'm a bit dissapointed with ROTS Anakin's swivel elbows(EPII Ani has them, WTF?), and AOTC Anakin's likeness which is a bit off.  Nonetheless, minor quibles as these are probably the closest to VOTC/difinitive prequel figs we will probably see.

I can wait to recreate these scenes:

AOTC Hangar Duel
Invisilbe Hand Duel (primarily Dooku being owned by Anakin on his knees with crossed sabers at his throat)  :D
Anakin leading the 501st to the Jedi Temple
Anakin reveal ROTJ

Hurry up and ship these already!!

I still hold out hope for an Obi-Wan (however I want an all-prequal Obi-Wan set as oldi-wan is kinda dull) Evolutions set

Totally agree with you there.  A all prequel Obi-Wan Evolutions pack is a no brainer, and one that should be made before any Padme set.  There is already a decent old Ben (VOTC), and spirit of Obi-Wan (OTC), so no moldy oldies.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 03:51 PM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Totally agree with you there.  A all prequel Obi-Wan Evolutions pack is a no brainer, and one that should be made before any Padme set.  There is already a decent old Ben (VOTC), and spirit of Obi-Wan (OTC), so no moldy oldies.  ;D

Ditto - there is absolutely NO NEED to have an Obi-Wan Evolutions set include an Older Obi-Wan from EPIV. The VOTC figure serves its purpose.

We need Obi-Wan from all three PT movies if for no other reason than to be able to sit them in the AOTC Yellow Speeder, AOTC Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter and ROTS Jedi Starfighter.

As far as I'm concerned the fourth and fifth Evolutions sets should be PT Obi-Wan and Padme. I don't want a Leia in the Padme set either. They can make a Leia Evolutions set that covers all three OT movies (Celebration, Hoth, Endor) if they want.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Well Amazon changed there ship dates again on this crap.  Now they say shipping the 15th.  Make up your damn minds.  Supposedly the Anakin and Clone Evolutions as well as the battle packs are slated for this date. 

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2005, 11:25 AM »
I got my first set. Anakin to Vader. It's actually much nicer than I was hoping for and the AOTC Anakin looks okay.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Where did you get it Commander Cody?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Well great...

From GH:

Evolutions Assortment Variation:

Clone Trooper (Variant Set: White Attack of the Clones Clone Trooper; ARC Trooper with grey deco; and Sandtrooper, dirty, with grey shoulder pauldron.)

Well great, as if the first set wasn't already labelled hard to find. The variants sound good though, I'm definately getting any packs I can find of them.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2005, 06:46 PM »
To me this Clone Evolutions Variant set is a no brainer - especially since you get a SA White AOTC Clone most likely a kit-based ARCTrooper based on the Clone Commander figure which IMHO is a GOOD THING and who doesn't need/want more Sandtroopers based on the VOTC Stormtrooper mold?
Peter

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2005, 08:29 PM »
I know. I don't get why everyone is pissing and moing about these Variants.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I know. I don't get why everyone is pissing and moing about these Variants.

Kevin

Because

1) - there are too many too soon
2) - no one thinks they will be able to find them.

If Hasbro announced they were shipping a case with 3x each of the 4 Clone Variants (Black Pilot #34, Red Shock #6, Green #33, Blue #41), everyone would be cheering -  BUT putting Clone Variants in cases where there are only ONE per case is what the biggest gripes are about...

I think people would be MORE receptive to Evolution Clone pack #2 if they weren't scared that the shelves will be swimming in the Anakin Evo set and Clone Evo pack #1 sets.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2005, 10:55 PM »
I don't think Clone Evo #1 will sit. :)

Anakin and the Sith one though...  If they ship too many, I could see it.  I think the Sith one's the one to be wary of the most though.

I'm all for the repaints/variants myself, but I agree with Jeff wholeheartedly that how scarce these are could be the kind of thing that kills a line.  Not single-handedly of course, but you're bordering on "Chase" ****, which we all know has not helped a lot of the major lines where that concept reared its ugly head.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2005, 11:04 PM »
I am not upset about the variants for the clonetroopers.  I would be fine with them doing all repaints of the SA clonetrooper if that were the case.  I do not like the 1 per case thing.  I just think that is stupid.  Especially for clonetroopers.  How idiotic is that?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2005, 11:07 PM »
What I find ironic and humorous about the clone variant set is that the ROTS clone has fallen over in the GH pictures. It's almost like a commentary on the SW line itself - "It's fallen, and it can't get up"
Peter