Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177251 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2005, 07:49 PM »
I got one today as well and I'm psyched.

Since no one else is bitching I will:

I'm glad Vader has ball jointed elbows, but wish his helmet stayed on a little better. My biggest issue:

[Leia]Aren't you a little short for a Vader?[/Leia]

DP, I'm a little frustrated with the helmet as well but can live with it.  I mentioned the size of Vader a while ago.  My thoughts were proven.  He should of been taller.  On a side note, did anyone find the Clone Evoulution on the shelves with the Anakin. 

Also, playing, er studying the Anakin EP3.  I love this figure. 

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2005, 08:00 PM »
The clone evolution sets were not in with the Vader I found. The stocker brought a case out from the back for me and said there were other Vaders but no other Evolution sets. The Vaders were 4 to a case, nothing else in the case.

Someone else said they found the Jedi vs. Sith and maybe the Anakin & Clones at teh Jedi Temple set at Kmart as well. Wish I would have hung around the store a little longer, or known to ask the stocker...  :P
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Can someone tell me which figures are in the clone set? Which one is the variant. Sorry I missed it, and backtracking on this thread seems more complicated than i thought it would be.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2005, 08:32 PM »
First announced version:

AOTC gold-striped commander

ROTS Felucia infantry (gold striping)

Sandtrooper with orange shoulderboard

Second version:
AOTC white clone infantry

ROTS commander type with gray shoulderboard

Sandtrooper with white shoulderboard

I guess there is supposed to be some interchangeable helmet action going on as well.

I'm not sure whether the second one is considered a variant, or if they will be available in equal numbers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 08:59 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Very cool thanks for the info.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2005, 09:06 PM »
Got the Anakin one today... woo hoo!

This set totally rocks, and I'll definitely pick up a second, and maybe even a third.

AOTC - killer face/head sculpt, ultimat articulation, interchangeable right hand... VOTC quality, if not better!

ROTS - same as the AOTC... but no scars on his face kind of surprised me

ROTJ - wonderful, could be a bit taller, but I'm 100% happy with it... love the face sculpt under the helmet

OVerall, well worth my money and better than paying $10.00 for them to be separate on VOTC type cards.  Thought about swapping the heads on the AOTC and ROTS versions for the heck of it, but they don't seem to want to pop off and I don't want to break them.

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2005, 09:34 PM »
And you all found these at K-Mart?

Yep, I paid 21.99, same as Ben.  There were two left on an endcap of SW figures, and I actually had the presence of mind to do a comparison on the aforementioned "lipstick" before I got the one I wanted.  The paint jobs on all three were very good, and as I said before, I'm very happy with this set.  Probably the happiest I've been with a SW action figure in a long time. 

No signs of any Clone Evolutions packs (I didn't think these came out until the second case assortment), and the K-Mart I went to didn't have any of the (groan) Battle Packs either.  I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation, since the Target and Wal-Marts nearby seem to have a major aversion to stocking the pegs these days, and K-Mart has by all indications been unloading the trucks nationwide at nearly the same time.  I think the Big K is the only retailer that you can say, "I found one in California" on Monday and then someone else say, "I found one in Massachusetts" three days later.  It seems to take forever for WM, TRU, or Target to get things in stock after they show up in CA.

Stop it! You're throwing my entire worldview into disarray!

Don't worry, Valin; I'm sure Hasbro will do something to completely nullify my positive experience with them.  They always do.   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2005, 01:44 AM »
Looks like I'll be buying two of the Clone Evolutions packs. I hadn't seen that second version till now.

I wish K-Mart would get some basic figures in next. I wouldn't mind paying $7 each just to have them at last. I still haven't seen the Tarkin wave here, and it's not from lack of trying.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2005, 10:26 AM »

Someone else said they found the Jedi vs. Sith and maybe the Anakin & Clones at teh Jedi Temple set at Kmart as well. Wish I would have hung around the store a little longer, or known to ask the stocker...  :P

Im the one who found the Sith Battlepack next to the Evolution.  The woman stocking said the Temple Raid set was put out along with these but were gone. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #309 on: July 16, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Looks like I'll be buying two of the Clone Evolutions packs.

Me too, we all better start saving up our money.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 16, 2005, 03:14 PM »
21.99 for 3 figures.. bleh, the price goes UP with volume?
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 16, 2005, 06:05 PM »
21.99 for 3 figures.. bleh, the price goes UP with volume?

Well, these figures are more along the lines of the VOTC figure line than the Basic Figure line.  The VOTC line sold for ~$9.99 per figure, so I'm okay with getting 3 X figures like this for $21.99.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 16, 2005, 07:40 PM »
The quality is VOTC all the way so the mark up is fine with me.  That E3 Anakin is going to look sweet surrounded with the 501 Clones.  Bring on the Clone Evolution packs.  Anyone know if there will be any variations with the Clone Evolution?  A running change in colors, etc?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 16, 2005, 07:59 PM »
There already is.  The first set is yellow Clones and a Sandtrooper with an orange pauldron.  The second set is a white AOTC Clone, a grey ARC Trooper and a Sandtrooper with a grey pauldron.

In fact, I'd like to see one more set added:  a blue AOTC Clone Trooper, blue ARC Trooper (Alpha anyone?) and a Sandtrooper with a black pauldron.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 08:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: July 17, 2005, 01:27 AM »
Rebeltrader,

Here's the Clones from SDCC...  Jared went nuts taking great pictures.  Really great quality work from Jared and Matt out there, so browse the San Diego Comic Con coverage on our front page for more shots (I love that Sandtrooper figure).

The Evolutions sets were found around Pittsburgh for $17.95 I believe, so prices may vary depending where you nab stuff.  I found the battlepacks, but no Evo's out in my area...  Looked like someone had hit the local KM before me actually so perhaps I just missed 'em.

I think $20's reasonable...  Not the best price, but not the worst either by far.  Condensing 3 figures into a relatively standardized package SHOULD come at a price decrease, and from VOTC to Evolutions we've seen that.  Lots of accessories helps these sets too, as an increase in value... 

BTW, that improved Sandtrooper heavy rifle just ain't gettin' enough love.  It's a minor detail, but man I love that thing.  Complete with the different color leather sling.  Nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77