Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177529 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2005, 11:05 AM »
What is the best way to order the clone pack right now?

If we order through Amazon, how can we guarantee we get the colored pack (gold EII clone, Bly grunt EIII clone, and orange sandie)?

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #331 on: July 21, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Love, love, love, love that Sandtrooper gun!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 21, 2005, 11:36 AM »
One complaint I do have is the absence of more "regular" blasters in the clone set.  Looks like there is only one included.

But the inclusion of the Clone Pilot helmet easily makes up for it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 21, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Got the Anakin one today... woo hoo!

This set totally rocks, and I'll definitely pick up a second, and maybe even a third.

AOTC - killer face/head sculpt, ultimat articulation, interchangeable right hand... VOTC quality, if not better!

ROTS - same as the AOTC... but no scars on his face kind of surprised me

ROTJ - wonderful, could be a bit taller, but I'm 100% happy with it... love the face sculpt under the helmet

OVerall, well worth my money and better than paying $10.00 for them to be separate on VOTC type cards.  Thought about swapping the heads on the AOTC and ROTS versions for the heck of it, but they don't seem to want to pop off and I don't want to break them.

:P

Did you buy these at K-mart?  If so, how much did they set you back? 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #334 on: July 21, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I just picked up the Anikin Evolutions set at K-Mart.  I think it was 25.00.  A little steep, but that's still cheaper than the VOTC, and the figures are just as good, if not better.

My only compliant is that Vader is not tall enough.  Other than that, the only drawback is that the E2 Anikin can't spead his legs.  I really wanted him to ride the Reek!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2005, 11:22 AM »
One complaint I do have is the absence of more "regular" blasters in the clone set.  Looks like there is only one included.

But the inclusion of the Clone Pilot helmet easily makes up for it!

I feel the same way. I would have also like to have seen a regular issue imperial blaster with the sandie.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2005, 03:41 AM »
Clone rifles, and one E-11 for the Sandtrooper, would've been nice.  That stupid Clone carbine keeps popping up though.  The Clone evolutions set would've been a nice time to maybe have slipped extra Clone rifles in though to arm those SA's and EE 4-packs with though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2005, 04:01 AM »
The pack in DC-15 rifle seems to be a all new sculpt.  It's alot thinner/longer and more in scale to the "movie" version in relation to the fig, compared to the Saga/ROTS DC-15.  Also, the blaster, and rifle have more of "weathered" wash, which looks alot nicer IMO.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2005, 04:11 AM »
Ya know, I noticed that too DSM, and I just picked up the Vis. Dictionary tonight for E3 and man that gun Hasbro has been using isn't too swift.  I'm ok with it, it's miles superior to POTF2 styled sculpts, but that Evolutions DC-15 looks to be a 100% resculpt of that gun and a HELL of a lot better/accurate than what we've had.

I almost wish I didn't know that, haha.  It'll bug me now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2005, 05:38 AM »
I LOVE these Evolutions sets, and I wish Hasbro would be going forward with them, with the ones we all want (Obi Wan, Padme...).  But I guess if they can slip these quality figures into the Saga assortments, then that will be okay. 

I'm going to pop the Clone pilot helmet on a spare AT TE Tank Gunner for sure, and maybe a #41 Clone if it fits right. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Do you guys think Hasbro will go ahead with the Gunner body for the E2 clone in the varient set? If so, what do you think about it?

I'd personally be disappointed. The ony real good thing about the gunner body is the ball jointed hips. If they added ball joints for the elbows, that would at least be an improvement.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Do you guys think Hasbro will go ahead with the Gunner body for the E2 clone in the varient set? If so, what do you think about it?

IMPO, I think (hope to the toy gods) that the tank gunner was just a mock up.  It looks put together very last minute, they way they just set it up for display at SDCC.  All they did was slap a Ep.II helmet from the Saga speeder bike Clone.  Also to consider is that they would have to retool the packaging to accomodate the gunners arms, as they do not go to his sides they way the Evo Troopers are packed.

I'd personally be disappointed. The ony real good thing about the gunner body is the ball jointed hips. If they added ball joints for the elbows, that would at least be an improvement.

I would be pretty bummed too. Considering that these Evo Troopers sets are looking spectacular.  My only gripe is that it appears that the Clones do not have any waist articulation, and the Sandtrooper waist looks iffy as well.

Also, I can't wait to see how the heads underneath look.  If memory serves me right from ReHashbro's Slideshow at SDCC, it appears the AOTC Commander has a all new Temuera Morrison face, and Bly Trooper has the Gunner  face.  So it's all good! :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 01:16 PM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2005, 08:56 PM »
Isn't it funny Muftak how luke got darker through the classic trilogy as it went on ..LOL I mean think about it
He was a baby=really white

then he was a young buck(NH)=white with yellow and brown

then he was grey(ESB)= getting darker

finally he was ..Black?= like a sith

shoot he was even choking Gam. guards like vader

A 4 pack..! wow! Why did lucas change the jedi apparrel so that they were all wearing light or warm brown robes? even obi-won had a dark robe in (NH)?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2005, 02:39 AM »
Anton, I think the TE Tank Gunner's what we're getting at this point...  So late in the game, the items displayed looked like production stuff to me, but they could surprise us.

I too am a bit disappointed at the TE Gunner being included, should that be the case, as he's not the best sculpt overall.  The legs are his only benefit while the rest of the figure's a bit unposeable.  I look at the sets more for the Sandtrooper at this point, and the Clones are just gravy.  I'd have rather gotten a SA Clone with a removable helmet than the TE Gunner, I agree...  I think we're getting TE Gunners though unfortunately.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2005, 07:30 PM »
I got my first Evolutions set today.  The Anakin to Vader.  Good Lord I love this piece!  It's probably one of the few times I did not mind paying $20 for just 3 figures.  I can't wait for the Trooper sets!