Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177048 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Isn't it funny Muftak how luke got darker through the classic trilogy as it went on ..LOL I mean think about it
He was a baby=really white

then he was a young buck(NH)=white with yellow and brown

then he was grey(ESB)= getting darker

finally he was ..Black?= like a sith

shoot he was even choking Gam. guards like vader

A 4 pack..! wow! Why did lucas change the jedi apparrel so that they were all wearing light or warm brown robes? even obi-won had a dark robe in (NH)?

Great observation and excellent evolutions pack idea! It would be perfect. The Jedi Luke could come with interchangeable hand, cloak and vest for Tatooine scenes and poncho and Helmet for endor scenes. It could rock!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2005, 02:36 PM »
FYI, the Anakin set showed up at a newly opened Target around here last week. So they should be shipping to the rest of the Targets pretty soon...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2005, 01:47 AM »
I was able to grab my two sets by using the DPCI# tonight. The Target guy brought out a case which had 4 Anakins, no Clones.

I really, really like the AOTC Anakin. Its strange, but I think the facial likeness grows on me the more I look at it. From some angles its just off, but at others it is dead on. The articulation is great and the soft goods work well. It's my favorite Anakin.

ROTS Anakin I don't like so much. The cut elbows hamper what really needed to be the most poseable of the Anakins, and for some reason his robes taper out to some really giant bellbottomed cuffs at the wrists. I don't know why they look like giant cannons when the arms on the AOTC version are perfect. It's strange how they mixed and matched articulation and didn't standardize them across all three figures. Still, he's the best of the ROTS Anakins I think. Its not a clearly superior figure like the AOTC one, though.

Like others have mentioned, and I agree, Vader is a little short. Also, he can't really kneel down since his, well I guess its a codpiece, is sculpted to his pelvis, and it prevents movement of the legs. He can sort of squat. It's not a showstopper but a tad limiting.

Overall, I'm still very happy with the set. Just not floored like I was when we first saw them at C3. The packaging really feels special and the the accessories are perfect. I can't wait to see how the final Clone pack turns out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2005, 02:15 AM »
I gotta get off my ass and do some toy runs here.  I've been slacking with the slow-down/stop we have had around my area.  All I've been hitting has been K-Mart, and they're dead now too.

I NEED this set!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2005, 04:46 PM »
**** yeah, thanks for the DCPI numbers, Jeff!

I was able to get an Anakin set from the back with the help of the nicest Target employee I've ever encountered. Make sure to have the DCPI number handy if you go.

Opening the set after I post this, will edit with thoughts later.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2005, 07:35 PM »
thanks for the DCPI numbers, Jeff!

I give up...I can't find those numbers in this thread (at least 6 pages back).  Can you list them again please.
Beth

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2005, 08:51 PM »
It was on the second page. ;)

Anyone know the Target DCPI #s?

Star Wars Figure Evolution Set:
087-06-1357

:)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2005, 07:25 AM »
Thank you!!!! ;D
Beth

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 27, 2005, 09:29 AM »
The numbers may do you no good - many price scanners at Target stores are now unable to process keyed-in DPCI numbers.

Apparently this has been a new change in policy at Target to across the boards, disable this function.

Also, you may be hard-pressed to find an employee who is willing to key in the number.

What would be the best thing is if someone could scan in the barcode from the package and post it here.

I have it at home and could do it tonight if everyone is interested. You print that out and then scan that in the price scanner and you can get around the key pad lock-out. You know - I think I'll do that tonight for the following:

Target Cups
500th Vader
Battle Packs
Evolutions Sets
Collection 1
Collection 2
Deluxe
Unleashed

Can anyone think of any other lines they would want to check regularly?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Galactic Hunter now has a new preview up for the Clone to Sandtrooper evolution set.  Lots of purty pictures too.  This set looks really nice, can't wait to pick it up (or a couple).  Hopefully there will be plenty shipped, so everyone can find what they want.

SilverZ

« Reply #355 on: July 27, 2005, 12:04 PM »
For the most part those look pretty good, I think. Strange how with this set it looks as though the AOTC figure recieved the most love.

I wish the figures had the SA torso ballsocket -- that would have made all of the figures ultimate versions. They're all just so, so close.

What's with the sandtrooper's mud smears? It looks like he's been in a German ****** video.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 27, 2005, 12:20 PM »
What's with the sandtrooper's mud smears? It looks like he's been in a German ****** video.

So that's who that was with Mrs. Cartman!  :o

In all seriousness, I'm beyond pleased with the fact that they didn't cut a big corner and stick a TM head on the AOTC Clone Commander.  Seeing Bodie Taylor's head made me really happy that they were paying attention to the little details like that. :)

Now, I just hope I can actually find these when they come out. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2005, 12:27 PM »
And I think I see Cartman's mom!

Anyway, I'm glad to see 3 new sculpts...  especially with the worries over the AT-TE Gunner being snuck into the set.  I find it odd that, so close to production, a mock-up still found its way as the main display piece.

Anyway, noticeably more detail on the Clone Commander compared to his red counterpart.

I love the Sandtrooper...

But the weird thing is, I'm sorta disappointed in the guns.  I like the Sandtrooper's BFG so far, but there's no E-11 as has been mentioned and that kinda bites.  The Clone rifles both look to be new sculpts as well, and while I think the Carbine's overall ok, the rifle looks a bit too small (though noticeably more detailed).  I'm still liking the basic figure rifle more since it's not bad and looks substantially sturdier...  Plus I think it's at least the right scale.

Great set, and I hope Hasbro's smart enough to put a LOT of this set out or people are really gonna pull their hair out trying to find it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #358 on: July 27, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Me too. I have a feeling this is going to be an item to watch Target like a hawk for using the DPCI# (if we are so kindly allowed to now).

I have 3 sets preordered on Amazon, but considering how poor their track record has been lately with other preorders (Evo Anakin and 500th Vader) I'm not going to count on them coming through. It may be time to order the all-Clone case from EE.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:29 PM by Tydirium »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2005, 03:21 PM »
I can't believe how fantastic these figures look.  I'm glad Jesse thought the one gun was a little to small since it was the only thing that struck me odd when I looked at the pictures before continuing on with reading the posts. 

I have to add that I called the Marquette Target with the code and the toy manager was more than happy to let me know the toys reset was next week and that even though they were NOT on the truck for inventory set next week, he said to call again and ask for him and he will hold one of each for me since I live an hour away.  I really appreciate those numbers since it helps me out so much.  I also have a pre-order in at Amazon but like everyone else....who knows!!
Beth