Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177916 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Jared, if you do the solid case of Clones from EE, you wouldn't consider hooking an East Coast dullard up with one of the sets would you?   ;D

The relative scarcity of the Anakin/Vader set right now is starting to worry me though.  If the only stores that have gotten the Anakin set in decent numbers are K-Mart and (more recently) Target, I'm afraid that when Wal-Mart or TRU gets their shipments in, it'll also be the all-Anakin cases.  Which means that Target will get the first of the second shipments with the Clones.  K-Mart won't actually get any more since they don't seem to get anything past the first wave of anything, and with Target's new "collector friendly" approach with the DPCI scanners, we'll be lucky to see them there either.

Amazon right now, if you'll pardon the bluntness, is worthless as far as preordering goes.  If their handling of the Unleashed and 500th Vader is any indication, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people when Amazon sends out those "Our supplier has informed us that the following items have been discontinued" cancellation emails on the Evolutions Clones.

And the thing is that HasbroToyShop could be filling this void right now with a LOT of things, but they can't seem to get anything in stock at all, much less popular things.  What a complete failure that has turned out to be.   ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Not if that case shows up as 2 original decos/2 repaint decos!  ;)

Funny thing, HasbroToyShop.com. They've been so ineffective at partipating in the e-tail market that they have already been forgotten about entirely. No one even remembers that they exist to bother getting upset that their offerings on the site are pathetic.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Funny thing, HasbroToyShop.com. They've been so ineffective at partipating in the e-tail market that they have already been forgotten about entirely. No one even remembers that they exist to bother getting upset that their offerings on the site are pathetic.  8)

Accurate statement there, I'd say.  It's been so long since I checked, I'd figured they'd just closed up shop.  Guess not.  Yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2005, 04:54 AM »
How much you paid each for your Evo's Jared? Mine were 19.95 ea @ Wal Mart. And...Be careful I'm German.( from page 24)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Galactic Hunter now has a preview up of the (final?) Evolutions set featuring the Sith.  This one seems to be the least talked about at this point, but the figures look pretty nice here as well.  ROTS Dooku was pretty good on his own, but it will be nice to get a SA-style version of Maul and Palpatine.  Pics at the linky above.  I really wish Hasbro would decide to continue this assortment.

SilverZ

« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2005, 03:28 PM »
How much you paid each for your Evo's Jared? Mine were 19.95 ea @ Wal Mart. And...Be careful I'm German.( from page 24)

They were $19.98 at Target, Slothus. Kmart seems to be the rip-off, as usual, at $21.99.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2005, 03:37 PM »
As good as it is, the Sith set looks very disappointing, compared to the others.  Maul's cloak looks laughable on him (I was looking forward to that the most), his saber is way too short, and Palpatine doesn't really look like Palpatine.  I may actually skip this one. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I kind of thought the same way Spuffy, after looking at the pics.  While I do like the set, and think it is pretty nice, I'm a little bit let down as well.  Not really because the figures are bad, but because they just aren't "worlds" better than before.  The Maul is probably the best we've seen, but still not quite perfect.  The Dooku doesn't seem a whole lot different/better than the ROTS one, but the Palpatine is something new and different.  I'll probably still pick up the set, because I do like the figures overall, but it just isn't as wow as the Anakin to Vader and Clone to Stormtrooper sets seemed to be...at least to me.  Still, glad to see another set coming, hopefully they'll consider continuing this line...there are a number of possibilities.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Well, that Palpy is going to look great being held up by EW Vader, with his face all screwy and his sith lightning flashing out, and soft goods of course. I love the Maul, and I only bought one ROTS Dooku, but I need another for the war room scene. This one will do nicely. Count (no pun intended) me in for this set!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline cataclizm1

• Youngling
  • Star Wars, Transformers, Comic books forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2005, 08:01 PM »
I've yet to see the Anakin evolution set anywhere. I doubt the clone set will be easier to find so I ordered that on Amazon a few weeks ago. Will probably do the same with the Sith set.  :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2005, 08:45 PM »
I'll be getting the Sith set, but only for the Palpatine really.  Will probably get two sets to open.

Maul's cloak makes him look obese.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2005, 09:04 PM »
I think Maul's cloak was sculpted with Colman in mind! :o

;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I used the DCPI at  Target today and it was IN stock but the stockers said it was on the top shelf and "palatized" and could not be put on the floor.  Instead of forcing the point, I just said "Okay" and left....later I realized I should have asked when they were going to be done with Inventory so I could go back, but I didn't, at least they are in town.

Oh and on the current bend...This will be the Only Maul I have, can't wait.

I'm also looking at going broke on Clone Packs with the 2 paint jobs.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 09:51 PM by pmundheim »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 28, 2005, 10:16 PM »
After all this talk about Maul's Weight Watchers cloak, I had to see for myself, and it was worse than I imagined.  Yikes!  And they say black makes you look thinner.  :D

Well, at least I now know the first thing I'm doing when I get this set: I'm slapping the soft goods cloak from the Episode I Sith accessory set on this Maul to see how it looks.  It never fit the Episode I version(s) particularly well, but maybe this time it will work a little better.  I hope.

Am I wrong for thinking the Emperor looks incredible?  After seeing the Sith and Clone sets in the GH preview photos, I'm really disappointed that this line isn't continuing.  If they can bring this kind of quality to the basic action figure line overall, I would be a happy panda.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 28, 2005, 10:29 PM »
Wow that is supposed to be Palpatine???