Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175574 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #480 on: September 7, 2005, 01:34 PM »
I havn't seen anything official but I'm thinking we'll see it post september 15th  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 7, 2005, 03:11 PM »
From yesterday, but Hasbro updates with information the Clone to Storm/Sandtrooper Evolutions set.  When I saw the headline of "Evolution Continues..." I was really hoping it was beyond the 3 sets (plus variant) that we already knew about ;).

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #482 on: September 7, 2005, 03:50 PM »
I havn't seen anything official but I'm thinking we'll see it post september 15th  ;)

What happens on September 15?
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 7, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Nothing..LOL-that's just when I think it will show up or right around there-hey it's good to have hope! ;D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #484 on: September 8, 2005, 06:34 PM »
I got some clone Evo sets this morning.  All excited about it I opened them up when I got off work and was shocked at what I found.  Both sets had the EPII clone with a ****ed up arm.

Both arms are left arms on both figures.  So the elbow in the right hand is on the front instead of the back.  So basically they can hold a gun and point it backwards at the same time.

All I have to say is what the **** Hasbro???

I'm going to keep them until I find two others and then replace them, I am so pist off.

Is this s common error or was I the only one to get stock with the crap case.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 8, 2005, 06:37 PM »

Both arms are left arms on both figures.  So the elbow in the right hand is on the front instead of the back.  So basically they can hold a gun and point it backwards at the same time.

And you're sure someone didn't get into those sets and do that, then return them?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 8, 2005, 07:27 PM »
That is possible but then that person would have 2 AOTC clones with 2 right arms each.

That is equally bad.

:-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #487 on: September 9, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Lando,

I have 1 Anakin set so I'm looking for multiple Clone sets (obviously), at least 2 Sith sets, and 1 more Anakin set.  Yeah, got my work cut out for me.

Hasbro made great sets with these, and I even like the packaging enough that I'm not tossing it for certain.  It's great.  Then they don't seemingly get them to retail in any quantity at all.  Unbelievable.  I can't imagine they would not push these at least as hard as the VOTC were, but so far they seem just like a real bitch to track down.  I'm workin' on it though out here but retail's dead once again.  WM's are empty and only Target's seemingly stocking much right now.  Go figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 9, 2005, 10:47 AM »
I had to order my Clone sets from dnstoys.com, but they're not in yet.

Gatillo, man that sucks about your Clones.  I am very sorry to hear that.   :(

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 9, 2005, 01:18 PM »
I take a small level of comfort in that these are pilot clones and it I put them in gunships then the arm thing does not matter.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #490 on: September 9, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Lando,

I have 1 Anakin set so I'm looking for multiple Clone sets (obviously), at least 2 Sith sets, and 1 more Anakin set.  Yeah, got my work cut out for me.

Hasbro made great sets with these, and I even like the packaging enough that I'm not tossing it for certain.  It's great.  Then they don't seemingly get them to retail in any quantity at all.  Unbelievable.  I can't imagine they would not push these at least as hard as the VOTC were, but so far they seem just like a real bitch to track down.  I'm workin' on it though out here but retail's dead once again.  WM's are empty and only Target's seemingly stocking much right now.  Go figure.

I'll keep an eye out. I haven't seen any evolution sets for a couple weeks, Anakin or otherwise, but when they show up again (if you haven't found them yourself) I'll grab what I can.

I personally ordered the clone evolution case from EE. Who knows when the **** that's coming in though.

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 9, 2005, 07:45 PM »
One of our local TRU's put out 20 clones and 20 Anakin Evolutions i.e. 10 cases. The Anakins are still there, but the Clones sold out by the afternoon.  Guess I'll have to watch em hit ebay now.  Hopefully some collectors got em!

I cannot post the link because this is from an endorsed section in our local collecting forum and you have to have access to get into that part, but the posts go to support what I've said:

greedo
Sergeant

Posted: 09 Sep 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: clones     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there were probably 20 of anakin and 20 of the clones. I did not stash any. There is one on hold that I thought I needed but don't. It is held under Broc. if anyone wants it.

greedo out.

It was at the Murray TRu not Orem.

Quickdraw19
Admiral

Posted: 09 Sep 2005 15:28 pm    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called TRU Murray just now. They said they have stacks of them and said they wouldn't hold one for me since the have pleny. Has anyone been there this afternoon?
LOOKING FOR: caught up for now (future #57-68, clone evolution varient, DVD clone pack

« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 08:34 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #492 on: September 10, 2005, 01:00 AM »
A big HUGE thanks to Ryan (Sith Lord Chaos) as he got me some Evo sets to get me at least caught up for my minimum wants for now. ;)

I'll get my duplicates as I find them but I totally appreciate the help keeping an eye out for me like that Lando, it's definitely appreciated!  I've had such bad luck on these.

The report you just made though Blackdog, about ALL those sets, that's promising.  Maybe these are just slow to get pushed out the door and have only been at a trickle?  VOTC was like that as I recall, then the deluge came.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #493 on: September 13, 2005, 10:02 AM »
No problem Jesse.  8)

I'm hoping the deluge is coming, because I haven't seen a trace of these since the initial Anakin set that I found. I'm really excited for the Clone set, but I have to say that I'm really looking forward to the Sith set. Sure Dooku is a little unnecessary, but the Maul and Emperor figures really look great. I'm planning on getting a second just so I can make a relaxed face Emperor to sit on the throne from the Final Duel cinema scene.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2005, 10:47 AM »
The toughest one to find around here has been the Sith set - I found ONE a few weeks back and am still looking for one for a friend.

I've come across the clone pack several times and so far haven't been able to restrain myself.