Author Topic: GG Republic Commando Maquette - Painted Custom!!!  (Read 18842 times)

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Cmdr Cody Clone Wars **UPDATED FINISHED 7/30**
« Reply #45 on: August 1, 2005, 08:06 AM »
Holy crap!  That Cody is amazing!  The sculpted armor is the clincher for me; It really looks dead on.  I like the various antennae and stuff.  Of course, very clever use of the SA antenna mount for the backpack, I might have to try that for some of my guys. 

That first pic of Cody with his jetpack ignited is incredible.  What kind of camera do you use?  Are you a professional photographer?  Seriously man, your pics are stellar  :o

Thanks for the comments dude - My camera is a Sony DSC-F707, my older digital camera, but still takes great studio shots. I have a Canon Digital SLR but my Sony works best in this situation. Actually I was thinking on retaking these images - A bit to saturated.  I took some photo classes in college but am not a professional. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 1, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Sithfire, whats next on the customizing list?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 2, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Sithfire, whats next on the customizing list?

Kevin

Hey Kevin - Honestly, I'm not sure - Some of my projecs:  a two man Clone Intel team, Cmdr Appo, another Neyo, Shocktrooper from the Clone Wars cartoon, Commander Faie, ROTS video game clones/characters, a few removable helmet revisions like my Commander Gree possibly...I would like to do some human/creature customs as well. I'm kinda moving toward Faie....I will let you know:)

Thanks again for all the comments! It really makes it worth it when you know others enjoy your work:)

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: V-Wing Pilot reporting....FINISHED IMAGES!!!
« Reply #48 on: August 2, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Thans guys! I appeciate your comments -

The paint I am using for all my customs if the Testors Floquil acrylics - they usually come in sets. I use only acrylics - no enamels of any kind.

The sculpty I used was super sculpty...and it was not easy. Seems that when you work with one piece of sculpty for awhile, it tends to get a little sticky and diffucult to manage  - suffice to say that the face mask was trial and error before I finally got it right.

Thanks again!

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Commander Faie reporting...and WIP of Heavy Ordinance Clone
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2005, 11:27 AM »
- I had a lot to play around with when it comes to what the sides and back of Faie might have looked like - which was a blast!

- The small supply pack is removable - I am hoping to apply an antenna to it later.

- I think of Faie as being a hardened soldier - possibly like Cody - a first generation clone so the face had to reflect that...used to be an AT-TE driver head.

- I used a stormtrooper helmet as the skeleton of the mask and sculpted around it

- I used a # 41 body and the head is a mod of the AT-TE gunner.

- The softgoods come from an old beige t-shirt I  have:) I am going to use cloth paint to whiten it out and place the logo on the back.

- I am also posting a couple of WIP pics of my Heavy Ordinace clone from the ROTS game...I'll post a source image soon.

- I hope you guys enjoy!

Heavy Ordinance - WIP

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Faie reporting...and WIP of Heavy Ordinance Clone
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Wow, I this is simply breathtaking.  You've really made Faie look like a tough soldier.  His helmet looks like the meanest Clone I've probably ever seen.  Simply awesome.

I do think that non-soft goods might look better, but this is still awesome the way you have it. 

Well done and thanks for sharing.  The other Clone is looking promising too.

:P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2005, 12:33 PM »
I've seen this on RS and I gotta Tell you, Sithfire, you always amaze me!

How long have you been sculpting? I wanna know so I can start practicing and catch up!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Good God, this is one of the best customs I think I've ever seen! :o It's all great, the detail, the weathering, the painting, all of it! Simply awesome work!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2005, 01:17 PM »
This guy reminds me of what might have been the Dark Trooper of the clones. Just a bigger, badder Clone. An all around beautiful custom  :) and that heavy guy is looking cool. I'm trying to think about what weapon he might just get.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Impressive!!

What reference pictures did you use for him?
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Excellent custom Sith-fire. Its certainly better than a simple #41 repaint that I keep seeing everywhere.the chest armor is excellent. Is that sculpey added to it or is it a colpetely different torso? I saw the preliminary sculpt on the helmet over on RS. I gotta say I was very impressed then, but seeing the finished product was breathtaking, I cant wait to see the HW clone when hes finished.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Amazing owrk, I don't think I will ever get sick of your clones as long as they are consitently this breath-taking. I really like the helmet. I think you did a great job incorporating the Tank gunner thing into the stormie helmet. The sculpting is fantastic. It alomost looks like you did some minor changes to the face other than the scar, but I'm not sure. Whatever you did it looks great. He looks very battle hardened. I love the softgoods. They are perfectly done, they aren't poofy and the hood loks like it fits right. Personally I think they look better than plastic, when they are done this well. The removable belt is a neat touch. As is the backpack, I love how you have been doing that with the #41 antennae. The sculpting on the shoulders and chest look great, they are nice and smooth with no fingerprints. The paintjob is excellent. He is weatherd just the right amount and in the right places.

The one thing I don't like is the sculpted holster on the ankle. I would have liked to have see a working holster. Other than that this is a perfect custom igve it a 10/10. :)

The heavy ordanance clone looks pretty good so far, I'm not sure if this is fan-fic or comes from some concept source but I think I would have left the rest of the pauldron on, and just cut off the pouches. It looks a little weird just kinda floatingg thee. I like the visor, it is a neat idea to have it cut in halves so he can look out of one eye or both. I'm excited to see this one done, if it is anything like the rest of your clones. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2005, 02:32 AM »
Damn, if you make extras for sale count me in.

great work

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2005, 07:41 AM »
Now that's a clone with attitude! Really awsome!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 10:29 AM »
I've seen this on RS and I gotta Tell you, Sithfire, you always amaze me!

How long have you been sculpting? I wanna know so I can start practicing and catch up!

Thanks! I've been sculpting since before college so about 10 years. Before that I painted military figurines and models - stuff like that. :)