Author Topic: at-at driver  (Read 6822 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
at-at driver
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:34 PM »
the saga at-at driver is available at toyrocket.com, here is the link but i'm not sure if i did it right. either way they have them, but they are pretty exspensive!

toyrocket.com
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 08:35 PM by jedistyle »
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: at-at driver
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Uh, dude, if you read the description it says:

"NOTE: This item is not available for shipment from Hasbro until January of 2006."

You'd be better of preordering a case from EE.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:04 AM »
yes, but it dosn't say pre-order anywhere, january is in a couple of days and it also says "in stock now" underneath the description, that could also be why they are so exspensive, because they are putting them out early. but i could be wrong, thought it was worth mentioning.......
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 02:22 AM »
No harm mentioning Jedi Style...  If it lists it in-stock, that's interesting, and they could very well just have them in because they worked a little OT to get them in early, thus the cost boost.

I know I won't be buying but maybe someone wants to...  $20's too much for any figure in my book though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:07 AM »

"NOTE: This item is not available for shipment from Hasbro until January of 2006."

Just an FYI, that blurb about "not available for shipment from Hasbro" is something that Hasbro asked (forced?) them to add because they are selling product early (product obtained via overseas contacts).

They (ToyRocket) caught a lot of flak from Hasbro for selling the Carkoon wave figures early, so Hasbro told ToyRocket they needed to put that disclaimer in there...  I know it sounds lame, but that is what happened and that is why that disclaimer is on all the Hoth Wave figures. 

Anyway, back tot he original point - Yes, the whole Hoth wave is in-stock over there, not just the AT-AT Driver figure.   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 11:59 AM »
i'm surprised that hasbro let that happen at all! but that does explain it. i didn't know the entire wave was over there, that is cool that they are offering it early, but $20 a figure is way to much!
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 01:15 PM »
That's one thing I don't think even winning a lottery will help me understand.  Paying  $$$ to have a figure a few days to a few weeks before everyone else just doesn't make since to me considering once they are released everywhere, then everyone has the same figures, some just have them at 4x the price.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 12:27 PM »
i agree. i just hope these new troopers/army builders are in better supply. people are still paying upwards of $12.00 online for the tactical-ops trooper, which to this day i still have never seen in stores and the shock trooper went the same way for a while.
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 12:59 PM »

Kill_Solo - I don't think that was a very appropriate way of explaining your thoughts. In fact it's downright rude.

Jedistyle, I agree it sucks finding many of these army builders, especially in decent quantities.  Hopefully since this is an early wave of SAGA, there will be enough to go around for everybody.

:P

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 02:30 PM »

Kill_Solo - I don't think that was a very appropriate way of explaining your thoughts. In fact it's downright rude.

Really? Hmmm.... interesting.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 02:31 PM by Kill_Solo »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 07:42 PM »

I'm sure you didn't mean for it to come across that way,  It was probably just me over analyzing your comment. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2006, 11:08 AM »

I'm sure you didn't mean for it to come across that way,  It was probably just me over analyzing your comment. 

This bickering is pointless.... ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Just pointing out a comment that didn't see right, that's all.   ;)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 11:42 AM »
Quick quesiton on the AT AT drivers. I know there are two per AT AT, but would they ever operate out of the AT AT as a squad? If so, how many? I seem to always see 4 AT AT's work together so are 8 drivers a squad with a commander? Or is the commander one of the eight? Thoughts or insights would be appreciated!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 04:14 PM »
blackdog I always kind of wondered the same thing.  i could see them operating something beside the AT-AT maybe even as a spacepilot, although that would kind of take away from name AT-AT driver.  but then again as we've seen in ROTS the snowtrooper isn't neccisarily bound as just a "snow suit" but more as a hostile enviro suit, that being said shouldn't his classification be changed maybe Imperial Marine.  Should the AT-AT driver be classified in a broader term ground vehicle pilot or some such?  i guess it's just the way they I.D. them back then.     
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge