Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)  (Read 39546 times)

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I know mine was delivered on Tuesday but haven't been able to get home early enough after work to pick it up from my complex main office. Today should be the day though, can't wait to see it!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 01:13 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2006, 11:28 PM »
I finally picked up my Obi-wan from the front office after work today. I'm very happy with it. I can't wait to get my display case so I can finally put these things up on display!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I received mine today and he looks great next to the SS Anakin!  I already know I'll never use one of the hands since I did not get the exclusive.  Kind of a shame that he still comes with a hand whose only purpose is to hold a gun.  I would've liked another "force wield" hand similar to the Jedi Mind Trick gesture.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:04 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sith Lord 0498

• Youngling
  • Sith Lording since 1993!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2006, 08:51 PM »
I received mine today and he looks great next to the SS Anakin!  I already know I'll never use one of the hands since I did not get the exclusive.  Kind of a shame that he still comes with a hand whose only purpose is to hold a gun.  I would've liked another "force wield" hand similar to the Jedi Minds Trick gesture.

That's not the hand's only use.  You can use the blaster trigger hand to simulate Obi-Wan stroking his beard in the scene where he delivers Luke to Owen and Beru.  It's one of the more iconic poses in ROTS.

Here's what I mean (I whipped this one up today):

"The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader."

Reviewer/Graphic Designer - yodasnews.com

www.pswcs.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Mwctoys has a reveiw up.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2006, 01:05 AM »
Damn, I cannot wait to own this figure. Him and Qui-Gon are the ones that sold me on this line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2006, 07:14 AM »
I received mine a few days ago but I haven't had a chance to get a good look at him since I've been playing Lego II nonstop.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2006, 09:30 PM »
Liked the reviews and photo's.  Kind of funny that I posed my Obi-Wan for the "scratching beard" photo also.

Sideshow 12" Dolls
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Beth - can we call them figures instead of dolls?   :P

Seriously though, your pics look awesome!  I've yet to receive Han, Mace or Obi Wan because I didn't order through Sideshow.  It's almost worth paying the extra $5-10 to receive the figures on time with everyone else!

BTW, who's your favorite doll figure so far?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2006, 11:15 AM »
My favorite doll large action figure ;) is Obi-Wan.  No particular reason since all the dolls figures so far are fantastic but he seems to be just about perfect.  The clothing color  and facial sculpt is right on and the cloak/hood fit perfect over his tunic.  I like the extra hands for the gun and/or chin stroke along with the force push and double hand grip on saber.  The breathing mask is the only item that is useless.  I can't put it in his mouth and it doesn't fit in his pouches but no big deal really. 

Beth

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Just got Obi today, great figure!
My first SST fig. Don`t really care for the others (especially the 2 I have seen up close), but I couldn`t pass on Obi.

Vs. Hasblo figure:

I still have to monkey around with his hood to get it to drap the right way.
Might get Qui Gonn, but I`d like to see him in person first.
Adam

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2008, 04:30 PM »
So I'm bumping a very old thread....

I'm sure many of you got the Sideshow Express email today with some Distressed Box Sales.  I went ahead and took the bait on the Obi-Wan Kenobi one for $40.  I'm hoping that my order goes through as the price seems pretty good, especially considering the newer $60-90 price tags.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2008, 11:39 PM »
I was going to bring that up as well Brent.  The also have a few Holo Sidious in mechano chair and Bespin Lukes.

You'll definitely enjoy this figure...my Sideshow figures have a nice spot set aside in the collection room.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2008, 11:20 AM »
I got me confirmation message from sideshow last night and they will be sending him out within the next 2 days. 

I almost pulled the trigger on the Luke and the Mechano Chair but I just wasn't ready to commit that much at once.  Although I could have gotten Obi Wan and Luke for the same price as the Clone Wars General Kenobi!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2008, 03:00 PM »
My "Distressed Box" Obi-Wan arrived today.  I put the distressed in quotes as I couldn't find any real distress.  There was minor wear as would be expected on something with a shiny finish.  However, there was not dents, dings or scratches that I could see.  When I opened the figure, I saw the Obi-Wan's head was turned to one side and one of his feet was sort of pigeon toed inwards.  I guess that's the distressed part.  However, since I was opening him up there was absolutely no issues on my side!

Very pleased with the figure.  This is my first Jedi in what will likely be a growing collection.

As an added bonus, they include a gift card in the package - turned out to be $30 so I may go and invest in another 12" figure.  Looks like Bespin Luke still qualifies.