Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)  (Read 39553 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
« Reply #60 on: January 6, 2006, 01:55 PM »

Any idea when this ships? 

They're claiming 2nd quarter 2006, we'll see if that's true.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 01:55 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 6, 2006, 01:58 PM »

They're claiming 2nd quarter 2006, we'll see if that's true.

So does that mean probably the 3rd quarter?? I am wondering if Padme will even see the light of day for 2006. 
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 6, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Glad you got one Beth.

Me too!!  How did you get one so fast?  Were you logged in and refreshing every 10 seconds?? 
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 6, 2006, 02:08 PM »
I had multiple chances to get one but I couldn't figure out why the order button wouldn't show up.

Come to find out that your email addy must match between the newsletter subscription AND your account.

Now I must wait for the regular version. 

Oh well.

:P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2006, 02:08 PM »

Me too!!  How did you get one so fast?  Were you logged in and refreshing every 10 seconds?? 

I think I was on the website just right before it went on sale.  I don't know if that made a bit of difference, but I only refreshed about three times and then the order page showed up.  Like you said, once that came, everything went smoothly.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Exclusive succes!  ;D  Ordering was alot less painful this time.  Still got the error page a few times, but their streamline ordering method is a great improvement over the last time.

Kudos to SSC for listening to it's customers, and the ultra quick implementations to upgrade their servers.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 6, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Dang, looks like I missed the exclusive by just a couple of minutes... :'(
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 02:30 PM by Bobafett77 »

SilverZ

« Reply #67 on: January 6, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Now if they could figure out that their potential customer base is about x4 what their edition sizes are. Then perhaps they'd lock in more long-term customers.

They lost me on this one. Gee, I had a meeting at work and couldn't sit around the computer waiting for the exclusive Obi-Wan.

That takes me out of the completist mode on this line, which is ok actually, like I was thinking earlier.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 02:32 PM by Jared »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #68 on: January 6, 2006, 03:45 PM »
I cancelled my Anakin and Luke today.  I can't stand Sideshow as a company.  Hasbro may be clueless, but this company is downright foolish.  It bums me out too.  For a long time I've waited for affordable, nice looking 12" figures.  Now that they're here, they're a pain in the can to get.  Screw 'em.  I just saved tons of money over the next few years.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 6, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Dang, looks like I missed the exclusive by just a couple of minutes... :'(

Forget the exclusives, I've yet to get one because they're not worth the trouble of sitting at the computer for an hour and a half!

SilverZ

« Reply #70 on: January 7, 2006, 08:37 PM »
I'm also considering canceling my Anakin and Luke orders. I honestly regret that I have to think about doing this, as I have a sincere admiration for Sideshow's goal of producing quality collector items, and I'm a big fan of their Premium Format SW statues. But since their production numbers on these are so low and the frequency that will seemingly be necessary to be chained to the 'net to lock in items tells me I won't have the patience or the luck necessary to collect them all.

I'll go out of my way for items I see as must have, but not ones I simply like or have moderate interest in. Both Luke and Anakin fall under the latter.

I wonder how many folks they alienated in a similar way right out the gate with Jedi Luke.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: January 9, 2006, 10:45 AM »
Well if anyone is thinking about canceling their order for an exclusive Anakin, let me know before doing so becuase i will take it off your hands becuase i missed out.  ;D

As much as the exclusives annoy me i am excited about this line. I think my hopes will be let down in soem way though. I want amazing things like a Jabba in 12 scale.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 9, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Well if anyone is thinking about canceling their order for an exclusive Anakin, let me know before doing so becuase i will take it off your hands becuase i missed out.  ;D

Good idea.  Obviously take care of evenflow first, but I'd be interested in Luke and Anakin also if anyone decides to cancel their order.  I don't care if they're the exclusive edition or not.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2006, 08:58 PM »

Good idea.  Obviously take care of evenflow first, but I'd be interested in Luke and Anakin also if anyone decides to cancel their order.  I don't care if they're the exclusive edition or not.

Probably should go in the Anakin thread, but my wishlist for the Anakin exclusive is now an order so i am going to get it =o)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2006, 12:57 PM »
How cool is this pose?

Obi-Wan is starting to become my favorite figure so far from SS...