Author Topic: What are your plans for 2006?  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
What are your plans for 2006?
« on: December 30, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Since I havent started a thread in quite a while, I figured now was as good a time as any.

Do you have any projects in the works for 2006.
AS for myself, I am trying to finish off my Bollux droid, and finally put the finishing touches on my new Thrawn custom, and Im thinku\ing about trying my hand at a "Snow Bunny" padme.

Any body else got any plans?  Think of this as a Cusomiser's
New Years Resolution. ;D

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: What are your plans for 2006?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 10:16 PM »
I plan on finishing up my "Brotherhood Of The Serpent" and "Galactic Intelligence: Joint Operations Elite" lines as well as churning out a whole slew of new pirates, smugglers, mercs, starfighters, etc.

Just wait until you see my HUGE Pirate Salvage/Hijacking Tug made from a G.I.Joe Defiant space shuttle and tons of model and toy parts!

I also plan on founding the "CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society" to return our great hobby to the heights of design diversity it had before the release of "Revenge Of The Sith"! Just kidding, don't throw any stones ;)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 10:18 PM »
to finally get into woodworking and start a repeublic assault ship.(by the way does any body have any good pics of the republic assault ship.{the star destroyers baby "brother"}Im in need of pics of a star destroyer exterior and a hanger bay.)
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 10:52 PM »
hey ennis havnt heard from u in a while.

I plan on finishin my arc squad i got a scout a meele a heavy gunner and mech, then theyre done.(tahnk God) and also i have come into possesion of cut sheets for an At-te in scale size  ;D. the plans are so large i cant even print them atr home. but my frends dad owns a copy shop and has  a blue print printer there so i can get them printed ( i plan on using them with chewies 2 month project( a figurea nd diorama/ playset for jan and feb)) and since the materails are inexpensive( im using mdf) i shouldtn break my pocket book  ;D

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 10:55 PM »
I am excited about seeing that pirate tug.

There are pretty detailed schematics for the Republic Assault ship in the Revenge of the Sith coffe tABLE book that is in Barnes & Noble.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I plan on getting the 1st Chapter of my Photo Novel Series finished.
Here's a preview pic

I'll be making a Ton of Customs for this series as well as some Stuff Just for Kicks.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 11:25 PM by Fritzkrieg »
Fritzkrieg

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 12:41 AM »
In 2004 I had an ambitious goal of making 50 customs, which I did.  So,  I thought I'd be able to the same in '05.  But, it didn't work out.  I probably made between 20-30 this year.  While I didn't make as many, I branched out into trying some new things this year.  I started molding and casting, which has been a lot of fun.  I also starting doing some simple sculpting.

That was this year.  Next year.  I'd like to make 20-30 figures again.  I plan on trying to sculpt some more.  I'm working on an Ithorian youth head for a Padawan.  I also was able to burrow my parents' digital camera and take pictures of all my customs, so my first resolution, which I hope to get done this weekend is to get them on the web for others to see and critique. 

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Awesome preview pic, Fritz!  Very nice Imperial custom.

I plan to continue the interactive story.  I also have many, many ideas for new photonovels and one or two old stories I started long ago that I hope to revisit.

Realistically, if I manage to get even one or two of these done, I'll consider it a huge accomplishment.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 01:13 AM »
I love threads like this, it's good to see so many people pumped up about another fun year of customizing.  Sounds like you have some good ideas, and Spectre, to see a Defiant Shuttle customized with your talents will be breathtaking... Fritz your photonovel looks like it will be amazing.  Will it take place in the OT era?

As for myself, I would like to complete 15-20 more photonovels, make at least 100 more customs, and use the 2006 line to its fullest potential for customizing.  

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 01:17 PM »
I don't think you will get things thrown at you over here about the CSOTC. It's not like RS. I want to join the CSOTC.  ;D

For next year, I have a new Leia in a different costume. There will be vintage Mulla and Lumpy. My son's friend wants me to paint up a Boba Fett in some new colors. There will be a female rogue and a Corran Horn with Whistler. That should get me thru January.

Another group project would be fun too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 01:18 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #10 on: January 2, 2006, 12:41 PM »
I plan on redoing some past customs (like making a version 2 of my Marvel Legends Boba Fett), and I want to make some more Warhammer 40k themed Star Wars figures.  Maybe I'll try a Space Marine  ;)
I also plan on making some more Microman figures (I finished up a Scout Trooper - version 2).  I am working on a Stormtrooper and I want to get some clones done.

I can't wait to see what this new year brings in terms of customs!  We're getting some really good custom fodder this year, so I'm sure we'll see some great work on these boards!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Well, I'm gonna get started on a few dios, alot of more SW and military customs, and definitely do more OT stuff on account of the SAGA2 line.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 3, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Well, I',m anxious to see everyones new projects. That Defiant custom sounds awesome, I definately cant wait to see that. I may have some spare parts to one of the trashed defiants i've had over the years. Let me look around, If they made it up here with me youre more than welcome to them.

Clones definately have their place, but youre right they have started to get a little repeditive. ;)  But as long as theyre customising SOMETHING its all right with me. Clones are always a good place to start in this hobby.

Cant waith to see the photonovel Fritz. The preview looks sweet. I'm a little behind on Chewies Rykroff series but I plan to remedy that soon. The same goes for Quasars. Its like i missed several issues of my favorite comics. :'( So it looks like ive got top make time for the all three  of them now.  ;D

I'm not sure Ive seen any of your ARC squad Smarty. If its on this board Id like to see them. My visits to this board have been more like commando raids as of late. And I'm taking a break from RS for probably a long while. Too many worms in that apple right now. NO respect at all, and too many trouble makers.
Cant wait to see the AT_TE.

Bocrebjedi, the Ithorian youth sounds really cool this I cant wait to see either. Hopefully you get those pics up soon. 20 to 30 customs this year huh. I'll be holding you to that. ;)

My mouth is watering for the 2006 line. I managed to snag a Leia, Han and Bib fortuna a couple of days ago. As soon as I opened Leia the Ideas started flowing. Cant wait to find more of her. Several Fetts will do nicely as well.

And Chewie I have no doubt in my mind that you will accomplish your goa of 100. :P

Phruby, I just found the Corran Horn that I was working on before Katrina. He went ahead of several others in the WIP line. Ive just uncovered several pics of Whistler so hes on the agenda as well. Maybe we can do them as a group project sometime in the future. because everyone needs a Corran Horn, hes just that cool. ;D

As always Im always ready to see one of your microman customs Gregorbian. And the Fett was exceptional the first time so I can only imagine what 2.0 will be like. As a fiormer 40K man myself the Space marines will be a welcome sight.  My guys were space wolves though. Neiman Russ was the man. ;D

As for me I finished my first Thrawn last night. Hopefully pics will be up soon. my Tonnikas are coming along, they're finally painted, but Im having trouble with the 'Hair" so theyre taking longer that I had hoped. :(

I have also decided to bring back The Great Pegwarmer Roundup. For anyone who wasnt around for the original, its kinda like my own little group project. its where everyone goes to their prefferred store, grabs whichever figure thats warming the most pegs, and takes it home and turns it into something cool. some of my best work has been done this way. You would be surprised what inspiration can be gained from desperation.

Good luck to everyone, and Cant wait to see the results.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 3, 2006, 02:48 PM »
as for myself, i have a vision of doing my own "lines" of customs.

i want to do:

more real world and cartoon style clone wars
ROTS Concepts (found in the art of book)
Holiday Special
12" ROTS Jedi

i also want desperately to finish up with the clones that i have lying here on my desk. i have such massively bad A.D.D. that it's hard for me concentrate on one project at a time, so i have a ton of things started/half finished/almost finished. the clones were fun and a great springboard to learn techniques with, but i just lost interest for awhile.

however, i am in the process of completing the first in my 12" ROTS Jedi line. all i need to do is pickup some gold & copper at the craft store tonite and finish up doing the metal lightsaber. hooray!

i can't wait to see everyone else's creations this year!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Im looking forward to seeing your projects too Darth Ripley. Especially the Holiday special ones. That show was abysmal, but for some reason i love it.  ;)

Since Ive completed a few of my "Customiser Resolutions" already Ive decided to make a few more. That and I wanted to give a heads up to everyone about what to expect from the DE's Monster garage. And as always any tips or suggestions that anyone may have to help me complete these goals will always be appreciated.I am hoping to be more active on this board than I have been in the last few months, :-[ so here goes.

In adition to the Snow Bunny padme, Im also planning on doing a more realistic Admiral Screed from the droids line. Seeing as I have no hope in hell of ever owning the real thing. Ive also got my Corrran horn almost finished as well so I hope to be updating my Customs thread very soon.

So does anyone else have any specific projects planned for this year?