Author Topic: BocrebJedi's Customs -- Updated 1/20  (Read 3910 times)

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
BocrebJedi's Customs -- Updated 1/20
« on: December 31, 2005, 01:39 AM »
Here are some customs I've made over the past few years.  My main goal was to flesh out the droids and aliens in my little action figure universe, but have branched out from there.  Most of the figures are fan-fic.  Also, I have been lurking on many custom forums over this time, so if any of them look a little familiar, please take it as the sign of the great custom you inspired me to recreate.

First up is a Zeltron Dancer.

Sorry the picture is so large.  Is there a way to make them smaller. 
Otherwise, you can see a few others for now in my photobucket account.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d150/bocrebjedi/Customs/

I've fixed the size on this picture.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:50 PM by bocrebjedi »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: BocrebJedi's Customs
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 02:08 AM »
You've got some really cool work there, and a great variety too!  As for resizing the pics, do you have a picture editing program?  If so, you should be able to click on a format icon that allows you to change the dimensions of your images.  That might help lower the size a bit.  For example I resized my favorite two customs you did for you -

Great job on these, I like the design to the Trandoshan (how in the world did you make that fantastic chest?), but the Hutt to me is just awesome - such a simple design change like you did with the blind eye really makes him look like a different Hutt.  And if you don't mind, that might be an idea I borrow from you!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work here!

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:18 AM »
The Trandoshan looks great. Chewie, he used the same chest I use for my shirtless Trandoshans...those Chap Mei dollar figures, like "Ninja Riders" and "Cops vs. Bad Guyz" and the like.

There's a great Pirate line out right now from Chap Mei that might yield good fodder.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 02:36 AM »
I have to keep looking for those figures.  Do you know what dollar store chain carries them?

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 02:43 AM »
Dollar Tree, but they only seem to have them in the Spring. They have the Pirates now though as they just came out. In the spring you can usually find the Ninjas (which the Trando uses the chest, waist, and upper arms from), cops, soldiers, construction workers, firefighters, and even the occasional spacesuit guys.

If you have a Big Lots near you, hit them as they carry a wide range of Chap Mei (the company that manufactures these lines) product including vehicles and playsets.

I actually have a pair of shritless Trandoshan mercs awaiting painting.
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 12:18 PM »
Creative customs bocrebjedi! I love seeing this type of work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Chewie, I do have one, I'll try that.  I took them straight off the CD I had them on thinking it would work fine.  The Hutt with the blind eye is suffering from Huttrot (the black just behind his eye) which has caused him to go blind.  If I get to shooting my photonovel, he'll be the main crime lord.

DD, it was your Trandoshan, which inspired mine.  I've seen the Ninja Chap Mei figures at Big Lots.  I'll keep an eye out for the Pirates, they sound interesting.

Okay, on to resizing before I post some more.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Okay, I've sorta got the resizing down, so we'll try another one.

This one was based on a recipe by Don Maue.  He made some wonderful customs and I've "borrowed" many of his recipes.

Body, Arms:  Slave Leia
Waist, Legs:  Bacta Luke
Head: well, we all know which head this is by now  ;)  ; it was such a wonderful head I've made many casts of it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2006, 03:01 AM »
Oh, so your're into casting?  That's awesome - what character is whe supposed to be? It looks good, I'm just not familiar with who she is (I know it's a Bombstrrike head though, I use that head for a character in my photonovels.).   :)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #9 on: January 2, 2006, 12:24 PM »
That dancer came out great - the paint job is very clean, nice work.  I also really like that Trandoshan Mercenary - did you paint the chest scales?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 7, 2006, 10:27 PM »
The scales are from the scale mail of a Chap Mei Ninja figure.  I painted them with a base of green then gave it numerous yellow washes.

I've noticed that all the figures I've shown so far have been showing some skin.  (alot in the case of the Hutt  :) )  So here's one more.

After I made the female bacta tank custom.  I had some parts left over, so this is what I made.  This Cerean Mercenary/Mechanic  was made from:

Head:  Ki-Adi-Mundi (Epi. I)
Body:  Luke (Bacta Tank)
Arms:  Luke (Dagobah, POTF2)
Waist: Luke (X-Wing Pilot)
Legs:  Jurassic Park figure

I had also just got a new dremel, so I had fun shaving off his beard.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 7, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Okay, now that the skin-flick is done.  I've got some of my padawans.

The first is an Anakin head which has been sculpted to look like a Dresselian.
The second uses a head from a Dragonball (?) figure.
The third is a Rodian padawan.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Here's the first Dug custom I did.  I have another one finished, just need to take a photo of it.  This one was fun to make.  His lightsaber is removable from his wristguard.

The second is a Rodian kid I made because of all the extra Anakin Tatooine figures I have.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
Re: BocrebJedi's Customs -- Updated 1/20
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Now a few soldiers and officers.

First is an Imperial Intelligence Officer.

Next is an Alderaan Soldier.

And third is an Alderaan Officer.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: BocrebJedi's Customs -- Updated 1/20
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Wow, I feel like an ass for missing this update!  This is some great work!  I'll comment on my favorites.

Dresselian Youngling - Now if that's not cool, I don't know what is.  What an original idea and very well done.  Great sculpting an painting.  I love it!

Rodian Kid - After TPM, we finally saw more kids in Star Wars.  He looks like he would fit in great on Mos Espa.  One of the cleanest/best looking kid figures I've seen someone make.

Jedi Dug - Cool to see, I might suggest a new paint scheme, just to make him look different.  Nice little hood on him.

Alderaan Officer - What head is that?  Really a good match for him.

Alderaan Soldier - I reallu like this too, I think that the Captain Antilles figure is underrated.  Good job, and what head is that one from?

Imperial Intelligence Officer - Cool, very ANH-esque.  Nice use of the Antilles head with the cap.  Looks very good and like the typical snooty Imperial.